It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant sexism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This thread offends trans people.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't know anything about "better", but it's not much of a problem down in the former Confederate States.

You only have to spend five or ten minutes observing the average "Southern" family household to understand who's in charge.

Mama generally gets what Mama wants. And Grandma? Are you KIDDING? Crossing Grandma is probably the easiest way I know to end up in the hospital with a gunshot wound.

Southerners of the male persuasion generally learn at a very young age who butters our bread.

Pretty much the very definition of a Matriarchy.

Down here, most single mothers aren't single because Daddy left. They're single because Daddy pissed Mama off one too many times, so now Daddy resides in an unmarked grave way out in the woods somewhere.

Of course, you can't tell the young'uns that, hence the seemingly high divorce rate.

American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Equality of the sexes is a subject close to my heart. Over the last few decades - in the developed world at least - women's equality has made massive ground. Let's celebrate that.

Over the coming decades the divide should become such that equality is just a statisticians study rather than a societal barrier. Interestingly, the current threat to women's equality is the focus on gender neutrality, whereby activists pushing (e.g. trans) are removing the meaning of gender. Where's women's equality in a society where there are no women, only people?

Anyway, the progress in the developed world should be set against the undeveloped world. There are far too many cultures and societies where women and girls are worthless and have no rights at all.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i know how to end this quick

light something on fire ... now lets see you put it out without water

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You are mostly right.
I have hired several females for positions normally filled by men. They are about 50/50 lasting in the jobs. Men are more like 80/20.
One of my best IT people is a women, shes surrounded by men and loves it.
She says men are much easier to work with.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: kaylaluv

You are mostly right.
I have hired several females for positions normally filled by men. They are about 50/50 lasting in the jobs. Men are more like 80/20.
One of my best IT people is a women, shes surrounded by men and loves it.
She says men are much easier to work with.

When I managed a corporate logistics company, we hired in order people came, gave everyone a shot.

I had this stunning 18 year old girl come in, and younger me didn't think she'd make it long. She had a chip on her shoulder for being judged and was a real go getter.

She would decimate the other guys that were bigger than her, I'd put her in a trailer to unload and two guys in another comparable one... I'd go to the one the guys were in and say "oh man, you guys are rocking and rolling", they'd get all pumped up, then I would say something like "at this rate you might catch up to 'Sandy'". They would then go into over drive so they wouldn't get shown up, and they still would.

She was easily my best employee and everyone else would work harder so they could try to be as good as her.

I remember that whenever I try and judge someone before seeing what their determination.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If you think everyone and everything is going to be equal you are living in the wrong reality. You are supposed to be promised an equal opportunity, not an equal outcome. An equal outcome for everyone will never, ever exist. And nor should it. If equal outcomes were imposed from the beginning of time you wouldn't even possess that little machine you're expressing your thoughts on right now. It'd be a very short, brutish and pathetic existence. Like that of the tsetse fly.

All this study tells me about females being better than males at reading and writing is that I should focus more and work harder on reading and writing. Sounds simple enough. Challenge accepted.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I don't drink but I think I'd need to be drunk to see the point in debating any of this crap.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
So how come professional Chess players don't play mixed matches or tournaments. Women and men in the same tournament?

That is one thing that irks me.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I guess you can say in the City's we are equal in the Wilds Man rule's supreme .

Yes I am Kinda Sexist .
edit on 9/25/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: Bluntone22

I guess you can say in the City's we are equal in the wilds Man rule's supreme .

Yes I am Kinda Sexist .

But you have to take it a step further. Are large men more supreme than smaller men? And do I get points for being faster, more flexible and knowing hand to hand combat skills that can take out a larger man? and what's the cut off.. Like if your 50 pounds heavier than me, I give you points. But 200 pounds heavier and you become weaker due to your size. The strength might be there but you got no endurance or cardio.

edit on 25-9-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Depends what the smaller guy is packing ..

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Depends what the smaller guy is packing ..

True, but the women could have a large caliber hand gun and know how to use it as well.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Then she would be supreme until she ran out of ammo .

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Then she would be supreme until she ran out of ammo .

LOL Fair enough

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join