It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant sexism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The very idea that one sex is better than another at something is nothing more than blatant sexism.

Equality is paramount to a progressive society.
We cannot allow one sex to be told that they are inferior "generally speaking" from birth.
How can one gender ever overcome the stigma given to them from day one?
This idea must be crushed immediately!

Below is the title of the article I'm referring to.

"Study: Girls ‘Significantly’ Better Than Boys At Reading, Writing"

I suppose next they'll say boy are better at math and science....
Or worse yet, physically stronger than women...

www.studyfinds.org...

Sorry, had to...
I read the article and just thought, well duh..
Men and women are different.
Both have strengths.
Both have weaknesses.
Admitting that is not a bad thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Progressives will be around shortly to say we're all exactly the same. Oh it's against boys no they won't.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Progressives will be around shortly to say we're all exactly the same. Oh it's against boys no they won't.

And the political BS begins.

It's our differences that make us strong. Men and women working together would be more beneficial than an androgynous society.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Kinda easy to understand isn't it?
The difference between us is our strength

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I agree. Men and women are equal, not the same.

In Massachusetts you get crucified if you don't agree women can do anything a man can do. I had women arguing men are not biologically stronger.

Progressives are all living in crazy town. Not Democrats, or liberals, they don't all buy into the crazy.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Saying neither gender is better than the other and admitting that women and men have different strengths and weaknesses aren't the same thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Nature is sexist.

The question is how we treat people who aren't "the best." Do we abandon our elders out on an ice flow like savages? Do we leave unwanted baby girls out where the wolves will find them in the night?

Civilization prospers over barbarism by taking care of our weak, defenseless members.

The problem is treating groups of people as an individual (and vice versa), and deciding that a person's potential seals his or her fate. Some of the brilliant minds of American science and business were dyslexic. They had a secretary to read them the stuff they needed to know.

The answer is to help every student realize that inner potential, and make up for any personal deficits. Anything else is betraying that child. What groups they can be assigned to is irrelevant.

The whole conversation is an attack on individualism

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They are both true.

link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Exactly.

link   
I agree with general differences between men and women. The thing we have to remember, is not to assume that every single male or female falls into those categories.

So, for example, we may say that generally speaking, women don’t have the same stamina as men. But there are women out there who DO have the same stamina. Or, we may say that men are not as good at nurturing children. But there are men out there who ARE as good at nurturing.

The problem comes in when a woman is automatically not hired into a position that generally speaking, fits more with male traits and qualities, when the fact may be that this woman has a lot of those traits and qualities.

Remember when women weren’t ever hired as CEOs of companies? It was thought they were too fragile and weak to handle such a position. Some women may be, but there are a lot of women who are just as tough as the men. Tougher.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
So, for example, we may say that generally speaking, women don’t have the same stamina as men.

If we said that we would be wrong. Men are built for strength. Women for endurance.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The problem also comes in when we create different standards for women so they can get in. I agree with you, remove gender, look at the person.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Not exactly. Men beat women in endurance sports like marathons. But women have more muscle endurance.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The problem also comes in when we create different standards for women so they can get in. I agree with you, remove gender, look at the person.

Yes. Equal opportunity. The key word is opportunity. Give someone the chance to prove they can handle the task at hand. That includes military, business, government, and any other field.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

TBH, if someone is applying for a position, they are probably already aware of the risks and requirements. Thus they should be prepared to handle them. It is beyond stupid to assume that someone's gender means they can't handle the task at hand. Give the person a chance. If they can't then you can fire them later for performance issues.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I completely agree. But if a male firefighter has to carry 160lb or be disqualified then I want women to do the same.

I want the best person for the job, race and gender should never even enter the discussion.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think we need to abandon the identity politics completely and look at things such as individual and human achievement. It isn’t healthy to categorize people.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Men are better at having erections.
Women are better at having babies.

There is a difference, but lifting things, running distances, opening jars, are not really indicators of those differences.

To state we are 'equal' is not accurate. We are complimentary. However, we are apparently merging into some sort of genderless entity, where we are neither strong nor weak, but something in between.

We've taken all the colours of the packet of plasticine, and rubbed it all together, to make grey.

my 2c anyway. As an erection embracing male who cannot open jars.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I remember when the first gulf war was started. I had a good pal on a submarine tender that had female sailors on board. On their way to the Persian Gulf I believe something like 40 percent of the women turned up pregnant and had to be sent back to the states.

Unfortunately for men, that is something we could never do. Very UN-equal.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I agree with general differences between men and women. The thing we have to remember, is not to assume that every single male or female falls into those categories.

So, for example, we may say that generally speaking, women don’t have the same stamina as men. But there are women out there who DO have the same stamina. Or, we may say that men are not as good at nurturing children. But there are men out there who ARE as good at nurturing.

The problem comes in when a woman is automatically not hired into a position that generally speaking, fits more with male traits and qualities, when the fact may be that this woman has a lot of those traits and qualities.

Remember when women weren’t ever hired as CEOs of companies? It was thought they were too fragile and weak to handle such a position. Some women may be, but there are a lot of women who are just as tough as the men. Tougher.

But the problem is you are looking at the averages regarding difference as opposed to the extremes.

So on average, men are like 60% more likely to be aggressive.

But when we look at the extreme, and at the most aggressive, its about 95% most likely to be a man.

SO when we look at jobs that require extreme behaviors like ceo, that require almost no family life, being willing to fire people to make a buck, being ruthlessly competitive, it seems like it is mostly men that have those extremes.

If a woman (or any person based of a critieria such as gender) is rejected a job for being a woman, that is wrong. But we need to be careful saying that a lack of a gender in a type of job proves wrong doing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join