It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beatles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
When i was 5/6/7 my dad used to play Beatles songs a lot, he passed away when i was 8. It's been almost 10 years since he passed away but just today i got reminded about all of it, and how magical it seemed to me back then. I did not know English back then so i did not understand what they were saying, now that i do i can see how and why he liked these songs, i did not get anything they said but i liked the sounds a lot, i felt things but i did not understand well how or why

Anyway i feel like this was a gift from him, i feel was lucky to grow up listening to these songs

Here's one i like very very much, the Abbey Road album. Because i can't chose one single song to post i post the entire album

Edited to add, even without voices I hear the songs and the music is so great, just magic

edit on 25-9-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Oh so nice, voice is stripped from the songs, I love when censure happens, I too want to get rich with someone else's talent :/

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The influence the Beatles had cant be understated.
Their music was groundbreaking and was a tremendous influence to future bands.

Sometimes people only look at an artist's work and dont realize how their work inspires other.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

This is one of my favorite Beatles Tunes called Help! There are so so many great Beatles songs.
Their harmonies and melodies were awesome.

I heard Norwegian Wood for the first time while on a mini vacation in the mountains and liked it. It features a Chinese Sitar. Its a great Fall song with the Sitar in there, it sounds sort of festive.

I like to have never found the song again as the DG didn't say who did the song but I was certain it was the Beatles and that helped narrow it down.

edit on 25-9-2018 by Trucker1 because: classified

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The influence the Beatles had cant be understated.
Their music was groundbreaking and was a tremendous influence to future bands.

Sometimes people only look at an artist's work and dont realize how their work inspires other.

Yes, i don't think some people realize how far and how deep they affected people's lives, i am happy to have listened to them when i was growing up, it made a completely different world for me for the better

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trucker1

This is one of my favorite Beatles Tunes called Help! There are so so many great Beatles songs.
Their harmonies and melodies were awesome.

I heard Norwegian Wood for the first time while on a mini vacation in the mountains and liked it. It features a Chinese Sitar. Its a great Fall song with the Sitar in there it sounds sort of festive. I like to have never found it again as the DG didn't say who did the song but I was certain it was the Beatles and that helped narrow it down.

I could not possibly chose one of those as a favorite lmao, i just keep listening and every single song has something special that you can't find anywhere else, makes it hard to chose

This is one i remember a lot, i still listen to it at least twice a month

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The taped up Black Bird in that vid was hilarious!
I like to look up the lyrics to songs and look at them as well these days!

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The taped up Black Bird in that vid was hilarious!
I like to look up the lyrics to songs and look at them as well these days!

Lol yeah it took a turn right there, but i feel like that sometimes, i think lots of people do

I can get what they say now, i used to fail badly at it but right now i can hear them and understand, it is so awesome

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Don't Let Me Down - Beatles

This song has a real cool groove to it with some very nice Piano!

To me the coolest expression in music is for it all to come to a complete stop for a measure and kick back off again.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I like to have never found the song again as the DG didn't say who did the song but I was certain it was the Beatles and that helped narrow it down.

I always liked this version with the double sitars, they even used the original name of This Bird Has Flown:

edit on 27-9-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That 2nd Sitar does add a bit to the song Augustus! I haven't heard that version, seems a bit cleaner than the one I posted. Its a short song, they really could have done the chorus one more time.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
There is something weird but spiritual about Sitar, i cant find the words but i feel it changes songs, it gives them a different dimension

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The Sitar has an underlying resonating tone going on from other strings vibrating. I believe the body of it is made from a large gourd. Seems that one note struck on the thing lasts and lasts.

Another Great Beatles Tune - I Feel Fine

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

Poor useless Ringo in that video. SOB will be the longest lived member too.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Lennon's experiment in playing just one chord- C major, more than 50 years ago...

Eerily similar to The Chemical Brothers 3 chord Let Forever Be, almost 40 years later...

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Trucker1

Poor useless Ringo in that video. SOB will be the longest lived member too.

It is a bit sad to watch, for sure. But on other songs, like "Tomorrow Never Knows" he is amazing, i once watched a video where he said it was kind of "by mistake" because he was left handed but i think he was just messing around with the interviewer, because i don't think you get to be like that "by mistake"

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
Lennon's experiment in playing just one chord- C major, more than 50 years ago...

Eerily similar to The Chemical Brothers 3 chord Let Forever Be, almost 40 years later...

Yes it does sounds similar a lot, i think it is not copy but 'effect' on future generations. I love how at times it seems like playing a song backwards, but it is so well played you can see it is and not just an accident

I used to not get it at all, i liked the music but did not really get it, then i went to music school and started to notice how awesome they actually were. Now i listen to songs and i look for those little things happening which are not always obvious but are always there, and the Beatles albums are so full of things like that.

I have spent a couple years learning all the songs again, and now they are a very different band, to my ears, as they were when i was 7 or so

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I kind of wondered why he rode a stationary bike in the video. The song has drums on the track so probably the video was lip synced and they had nothing else for him to do. LOL!

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
~On Norwegian Wood~

I never imagined there would be so much speculation over the meaning of this one song.

Some folks have wondered about the end of the song as to whether he set fire to the house in the morning when he found the woman gone because he had not been welcome in her bed the night before. Or did he simply light a fire in the fireplace?

Another person suggests from What is Norwegian Wood From the Beatles About that in 1965 John Lennon was having an affair with a high Profile journalist and the song is about that relationship. Since he was married to Cynthia at the time and on vacation with her in the Swiss Alps when he wrote most of the song completing it later with Paul. He wanted the song to be about the affair but could not score in the song so he altered it a bit.

Some say Norwegian Wood is a code word for Pot that would not have been cool for the Beatles to have in a song. Some say he actually sit and lit some Norwegian Wood (Pot) as the song ends.

Some say the original title to the song was - Knowing She Would - and again was disguised a bit to conceal his home run.

Anyhow the speculation goes on and on. If anyone cares to read any of it here is another great link.
Norwegion Wood Meaning

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Eleanore Rigby is nice as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join