It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beatles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Choosing a favourite Beatles song is difficult. They wrote so many excellent ones.

However if i had to choose this would be my choice. However if you asked me again tomorrow, then my choice could well be different.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Choosing a favourite Beatles song is difficult. They wrote so many excellent ones.

However if i had to choose this would be my choice. However if you asked me again tomorrow, then my choice could well be different.

That one hits me a bit as i had to do something similar

It is a beautiful song, and yes i find it very hard to find one that i can say is "my favorite", there are too many nice things on each one of them that it makes it impossible

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
I massively identify with this track, I ran away from home at age 16 and lived independently supporting myself ever since.
'She' is me when I listen to this.
EDIT
I left the house at 5am as well lol
edit on 1-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I massively identify with this track, I ran away from home at age 16 and lived independently supporting myself ever since.
'She' is me when I listen to this.
EDIT
I left the house at 5am as well lol

"fun is the one thing that money can't buy"

I kind of get that one line lol, now that i live alone and very far away suddenly i get to have expensive presents, i don't think they get it, i wanted something else

For me, it was just like "i'll be back in 10 minutes, going to the convenience store" and i just kept walking until it was night, then it was day again, and i was just walking away, i found a park and slept under a bench, then next day someone gave me some tuna cans and water, and crackers
I spent two days there then i had to go away because cops started noticing me, they eventually found me anyway

This song is very much how it feels when it happens, i think it's amazing how they got the feeling even if they had not gone through it in real life, but this is the exact feeling about "living alone for so many years"

So many people don't get it but these guys had something else in their souls, like they actually "knew"
edit on 1-10-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yes, the 'living alone for so many years' line I totally understood, even though I was in a family of 5 children.
I spent nearly 6 months sleeping on the streets, well not on the streets, in an abandoned derelict leisure centre, it made me stronger as a person so I look back at that time with a smile.
The Beatles though, yep, they felt it for sure, and growing up in Liverpool they would certainly have had experiences which shaped their music and lyrics.
Here's another favourite of mine...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

What differed about the music The Beatles wrote, was their awareness of social issues. Most bands at the time ( we called them Groups in those days ) where writing songs about love, just enjoying being young.

This song dealt with issues of Mental Health. Like " She's Leaving Home " it was written completely by McCartney, but of course attributed to The Beatles.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So true mate, I know this song and I feel the tragedy when I listen to it.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here is another favorite of mine ~All My Lovin~Beatles

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

Some of The Beatles best songs where actually " B " sides.

Although they where a " B " side they where still on a higher level that many other bands couldn't achieve.

Here are two of my favourite " B " sides.

Rain. B side of " Paperback Writer "

Baby Your A Rich Man. B side of " All You Need Is Love "

For those who weren't around during The Beatles period, ( i was lucky enough to be and saw them at Birmingham Town Hall 1963 ) i don't think they realise just how huge they were. No band before or after has ever had a fan base anywhere near to it.

Here they are arriving home from The U.S. at Heathrow Airport in 1964. Thousands of fans tuned up just to welcome them home.

If they where doing a concert, could you imagine the attendance?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Their fans were something else! Lucky for the Beatles they didn't get their hands on them. They were darn near over powering the police. LOL!

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join