It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Reclaiming America for Christ

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
900 evangelical Christians from more than 40 states gathered at Fort Lauderdale's Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church for the "Reclaiming America for Christ" conference. Keynote speakers included Richard Land, David Limbaugh and David Barton. Grassroots training sessions led by Dr. Gary Cass, the executive director of the Center for Reclaiming America, focused on the fight to ban gay marriage, outlaw abortion and promote religion in schools and public life. Executive director of the Humanists of Florida Association Jennifer Hancock called the rhetoric divisive and dangerous.

www.sunherald.com
With a mixed sense of triumph and urgency, some 900 evangelical Christians from more than 40 states gathered at Fort Lauderdale's Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church on Friday to hear prominent Christian conservatives opine on how to advance their political agenda.

"We used to be a minority, and now we've got to learn how to lead,'' said Dr. Gary Cass, the executive director of the Center for Reclaiming America, in urging the crowd to get involved in government by lobbying Congress and starting local political action centers. "It's very ambitious, and we can't do it alone, and that's why you're here.''

During one of several grassroots training sessions Friday at the church's annual Reclaiming America for Christ conference, Cass outlined four new initiatives in his group's fight to ban gay marriage, outlaw abortion and promote religion in schools and public life.

"We're raising money to have a war chest so that we can do what we need to do,'' said Cass, who heads the political arm of the $37 million evangelical empire run by the Rev. D. James Kennedy.

Keynote speakers at the conference included Richard Land, president of the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission; David Limbaugh, Rush Limbaugh's brother and author of "Persecution: How Liberals Are Waging War Against Christianity"; and David Barton, a Christian historian who was listed among Time magazine's 25 most influential evangelicals.

Some church-state separationist groups denounced the conference for inciting anti-gay sentiment and attacking the separation of church and state.

Jennifer Hancock, the executive director of the Humanists of Florida Association, called Dr. Kennedy and his followers' rhetoric divisive and dangerous. ..."Fundamentalism around the world starts with this kind of rhetoric,'' Hancock said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Cass, Limbaugh and other militant fundamentalists want to remake the world in their own image, or at least according to their own specs. They're looking for money to do it.

Much as partisanship is unhealthy and only divides the nation even further, much can be said for promoting alternatives with equal fervor.

Leading the opposition, Senator Barbara Boxer stands her ground. The new rallying cry?

Don't be Silent on Things that Matter.

As the Bush Administration pushes forward with its aggressive plans to tear up the Constitution and launch its liberty jihad, Senator Barbara Boxer has stepped forward as the voice of Democratic opposition.

In her celebrated clash with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice during the confirmation hearings, Boxer quoted Martin Luther King Jr., in what ought to be the Democrats' new motto: "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

Save Social Security from the privatizers. Get out of the quagmire in Iraq. Defend a woman's right to choose. And remember the words of Martin Luther King: Don't be silent about things that matter.

Don't Be Silent About Things That Matter

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
so i see, muslims preaching actual militant messages is ok but christians preach this and they get slammed....thats nice.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
namehere - I'm an equal opportunity slammer. Really.

IMO - This world is big enough for everyone. There's no need to fight; no need to make everyone over like you. No need to push anyone around.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
These evangelicals sure do know how to RAISE HELL DON'T THEY!

From experience, our youth shouldn't be educated religiously unless every way of thinking is taught. My God, How long is it going to take die-hard Christians to understand that Christianity IS NOT THE ONLY WAY! On the flipside, how long will it take extremist muslims to understand islam IS NOT THE ONLY WAY! Jesus Christ (pardon the pun haha), we wonder why our children's test scores are dropping and want to find ways to get them back up. Teaching about events that could have never happened and aren't definitely historically acurrate sure is the way to make our kids smarter!

Organized religion. Never ceases to amaze me!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Save Social Security from the privatizers. Get out of the quagmire in Iraq. Defend a woman's right to choose. And remember the words of Martin Luther King: Don't be silent about things that matter.

In response, I have not much to say, but I will say this:

You can have your opinions about these matters, though I disagree with all of them, I disagree most with the matter of abortion.

These opposers want a woman to have the right to choose, but I ask you:

Who is the woman who can play the role of God? And who, my friends, is the woman who says murder is not murder. A wolf in sheeps' clothing is still a wolf, my friends.

Here's to a more religious and less confused America.

-wD

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out what they mean by "Reclaiming America for Christ" America wasn't found on Christ to begin with

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Eh? The founding fathers were devout Christians. The original religion of this country was Christianity.

And yes, it was founded on Christianity - read the Declaration of Independence, or recite the Pledge of Allegiance once in awhile.

Yes, this country IS A CHRISTIAN NATION. It bothers me to hear all these people call it otherwise. Those who can't face that this is a CHRISTIAN NATION need to (A) Get over it. or (B) Leave.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

-wD

[edit on 23-2-2005 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Eh? The founding fathers were devout Christians. The original religion of this country was Christianity.

Wrong.....I suggset you do some serious research......

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
and the original intention of the "traditional judeo-christian marriage" was to keep women down and supressed, owned and enslaved....spend some time reading the old testament....

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
even if they we're(which I dont think they were) It doesn't make a lick of difference because its 200 years later and now we have answers to questions that once we're only answered by Religion.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It always amazes me that people know so little about their own history! It really just blows me away! The Constitution doesn't really "say" to "separate church and state" in those words, but it is written out for all religious freedoms!

DO YOU KNOW:

-----------------------------------------
George Washington: (Acknowledged Freemason)
"Every man ought to be protected in worshipping the Deity according to the dictates of his own conscience."
---------------------------------
President Thomas Jefferson did not believe in the Trinity or the miracles of Jesus.
----------------------------------
John Quincy Adams was a Unitarian.
------------------------------------
Ethan Allen:
"The faith of many of our Founding Fathers was Deist, not Theist."
-----------------------------------
Thomas Paine:
"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of...Each of those churches accuse the other of unbelief; and for my own part, I disbelieve them all."
--------------------------------
James Madison:
"And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together."
---------------------------------
Thomas Jefferson:
"I contemplate with soveriegn reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should ?make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,? thus building a wall of separation between church and State."
Thomas Jefferson:
"I am for freedom of religion and against all maneuvers to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another."
United States Constitution:
"The senators and representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."
Thomas Paine:
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
Thomas Paine:
"Of all the systems of religion that ever were invented, there is none more derogatory to the Almighty, more unedifying to man, more repugnant to reason, and more contradictory in itself, than this thing called Christianity. Too absurd for belief, too impossible to convince, and too inconsistent for practice, it renders the heart torpid, or produces only atheists and fanatics. As an engine of power, it serves the purpose of despotism; and as a means of wealth, the avarice of priests; but so far as respects the good of man in general, it leads to nothing here or hereafter."
-----------------------------

Washington a Freemason

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is Christs world so get over it! Everyone should be taught Christianity or be killed!!!! Well thats how I would have it anyways. lol jk

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Interesting, LadyV. Freemasons CAN be CHRISTIANS. Did you know that?

The conspiracy behind this thought process that we are NOT a Christian nation is ABSURD. Why? I suggest YOU do some research, here. Simply because you cannot deny that both the Declaration of Independence acknowledge a GOD - Not Allah, not Buddha - A GOD. Second, so does our POA. Now, I understand that this was implemented in the early 50's, but it stands nonetheless. That further makes this a Christian country.

I will go further here: This thought process that many people stick to that says we ARE NOT a Christian nation is an attempt by atheists, other religions, or what have you, to implement themselves INTO society and give THEMSELVES a place in life. However, they cannot do that without the acknowledgement that we were founded on religion. It's the truth, I'm sorry; I know it is hard for you to admit that =[

-wD

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Whatever.....again all I can say is we all can believe what we want to, but all you have to do is study and learn your history! They (the Puritans) came here for religious freedom and the phrase "Under God" wasn't even part of the original Pledge of Allegiance, but added at a much later date FYI? Sheeeeesh people! ::::::shaking head::::::

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Umm..I just said that:

1954 to be exact. Actually implemented by Eisenhower (A far off relative of mine).

See, I do know MY history

-wD

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I will go further here: This thought process that many people stick to that says we ARE NOT a Christian nation is an attempt by atheists, other religions, or what have you, to implement themselves INTO society and give THEMSELVES a place in life.

WebDevil, are you a Christian? Because if you are that was one of the most arrogant things i've ever read. Athiests and other religions have a place in our society, just as christianity does. And didn't God make everyone and give EVERYONE, not just christians, their own place in life? I won't say anything else until i know whether or not you are a christian...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Umm..I just said that:

-wD

Hmmmm I missed that part, but it still wasn't founded on "Christianity" Sorry

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
These fundamentalist group is on a crusade to take control of the government but they forgot that the government has already been taken over by satan itself, “Corporate power”

Opening a lobbying office in Washington, D.C.
1. _Launching a ``strategy institute'' to study the tactics of their political opponents.
_Expanding the center's media outreach.
_Recruiting one million grassroots activists around the country.
Also high on the agenda: influencing the appointment of Supreme Court judges, opening faith-based action centers in all 435 Congressional districts, and, naturally, raising enough cash to accomplish the above.
``We're raising money to have a war chest so that we can do what we need to do,'' said Cass, who heads the political arm of the $37 million evangelical empire run by the Rev. D. James Kennedy.

They are on an agenda alright. The leader Kennedy is so fundamentalist that he is wagging a war against pretty much anybody that does not fall for his views, of American.

Kennedy seeks to "reclaim America," which raises the question of who he believes claims it now. Several speakers identified likely suspects -- "pagans," "the liberal media," "secular humanists," "radical homosexuals" and "extreme separationists." The concept of "taking back" the country from such forces and calls for "spiritual warfare," mixed generously with violent military metaphors, were constant themes.
1. To Kennedy, the "cultural wars" are being waged full throttle. And if his troops have their way, church-state separation and America's commitment to individual freedom may be the first casualties of that conflict.

www.au.org...

Christian political extremist, have many organizations, but their agenda is to establish a christian base theocracy in the Unites States. They are very good at how they present their agendas, with restrain and pledge for love and deep concern for the nation.

They are good at monopolizing, the words “family” and tried to show that only extreme fundamentalist are good parents. They claim that they hold the highest morality and claim that we have to bring back our nation moral values. But the truth is that they are more into institutionalizing racism, discrimination of women and gays, and abuse of power to go into witchhunts.

According to Pat Robertson, the Kennedy assassination, the Vietnam War, inflation, the oil crisis, Watergate, the Iran hostage crisis, the attempted Reagan assassination, the national debt, drug use and the high divorce rates are directly related to the 60's decisions of the Supreme Court to end religious coercion in public schools.

People see what religious fundamentalist has in line for america.

www.webpan.com...

We are a nation under "one God" but the christian variation came later.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
omg this is clearly the sign for the christian takeover of the united states government AHHH!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Actually, Yes. I am. However, I see how that statement could be taken but what I meant was this:

The idea that, in our modern world that is the U.S., we have many people trying to 'debunk', in a sense, the religious thought that this country was founded on. I did not mean that Americans had to be Christians. I also did not mean that non-Christians could not have a place in society. I see how it could be taken and I used the wrong words for it.

Like I said, I meant that there are many people in our country who are trying to say that this country was not founded and based on religious morals, and that it was a completely "atheistic" country.

-wD

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join