It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incident at Buckingham Palace

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Source

POLICE have arrested a man at Buckingham Palace on suspicion of possessing a firearm. Officers rushed to the Queen’s London residence shortly before 1pm this afternoon.

...A statement from the force said: “Police were called at 12.47pm on Sunday, 23 September to a report of a man detained by security staff at the visitor entrance to Buckingham Palace.

...“He remains in custody at a central London police station at this stage.”

There's not much more to add, developing story,

Hopefully it's nothing,

ETA, its now being reported he was in possession of a Taser.

edit on 23/9/2018 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Spelling

edit on 23/9/2018 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Eta

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
She must have been terrified. Isn't it against the law to defend yourself in Britain?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Always happening, not so much gun's but loonies she even had a stranger in her bedroom on one occasion.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

... she even had a stranger in her bedroom on one occasion.

That had to be many, many, many years ago.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Good for them. Those poor chaps stand there like petrified totem poles all day, they needed some excitement. Sheer torture that job must be!

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
How they don’t pass out on their feet, I’ll never know.

At least the got the perp.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
She must have been terrified. Isn't it against the law to defend yourself in Britain?

No it's perfectly legal to defend yourself.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

he means with guns

in this country people like to defend garbage and alleys with guns. defend it to the death.

it is hard for some to imagine it not being like that i think

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

he means with guns

in this country people like to defend garbage and alleys with guns. defend it to the death.

If you legally own a gun you can legally use it for self defence. So he would still be in correct.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

you understand the point i was trying to make though im sure

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

you understand the point i was trying to make though im sure

Absolutely.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

he means with guns

I don't know about you but I don't live in an alley but people actually do break into houses all the time.

At any rate, I'm pretty sure I read about some people in the UK getting charged with a crime for defending themselves in their own homes.

edit on 23-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
My father used to do it. You probably don't notice but they move from their toes to the heels, if you want to say sway. If they faint on duty they're on a charge.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So he didn't get inside? Security must be improving over the years.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: LABTECH767

... she even had a stranger in her bedroom on one occasion.

That had to be many, many, many years ago.

Yup, 1982 - Michael Fagan climbed through an unlocked roof window, and casually wandered about, munching royal cheese and crackers, even managing to sit on the royal Throne before entering HRH's bedroom!

Hard to believe it was 36 years ago.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It's actually not by the way....

It's against the law to own an unlicensed firearm and the laws to get a license are MUCH stricter in the UK, but even if you kill someone, if they were invading your home and there is reasonable reason to believe you were threatened enough to attack and kill them, because you felt endangoured or felt your family were endangered, that is lawful. Even with a gun, but not if that gun is unlawfully owned.

But it has to be to some extent proveable that you felt threatened enough to do it. For example a farmer was jailed for shooting an intruder a few years back, but when the whole story came out, he shot this kid who was STEALING APPLES, in the back as he ran away.

I don't think that is either moral or lawful, but in many parts of the US that would be torally legal right?? So...

I'm happy with our laws thank you very much

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
"Reasonable force" is always a debatable guidance here, though. When confronted with a knife-wielding burglar, some UK citizens may suddenly pause while deciding how much force they should use to whack 'em round the head with whatever's at hand.

When my wife and I thought a burglar was trying to get into our bedroom whilst on holiday in Cornwall, I immediately picked up a Playstation console as a weapon.

Turns out it was a poltergeist, so a relief in ONE sense, lol. True story.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

It's actually not by the way....

It's against the law to own an unlicensed firearm and the laws to get a license are MUCH stricter in the UK, but even if you kill someone, if they were invading your home and there is reasonable reason to believe you were threatened enough to attack and kill them, because you felt endangoured or felt your family were endangered, that is lawful. Even with a gun, but not if that gun is unlawfully owned.

But it has to be to some extent proveable that you felt threatened enough to do it. For example a farmer was jailed for shooting an intruder a few years back, but when the whole story came out, he shot this kid who was STEALING APPLES, in the back as he ran away.

I doubt that is the way such a scenario would typically go.

At any rate, I would suggest to you that (the vast majority of the time) it should be just automatically assumed that someone who is breaking into an occupied house is willing to and capable of doing harm to the people inside. Therefore, if someone is breaking into my house in the middle of the night, I would automatically be justified in my belief that my safety (and that of anyone else inside) was being threatened. I'm not talking about stealing apples from the back yard and I think that's a bit of a strawman, TBH.

But I suppose you could build yourself a decoy house that looks nicer than the real one and hope the criminal breaks into that one instead.

edit on 23-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I agree, but my point was that is an aften used case to say we can't defend ourselves in Britain, but in reality the farmer was just a jerk with a shotgun and deserved to get time for killing a young lad for nicking apples in his backyard.

In reality in Britain you can defend yourself with reasonable force with whatever you have at hand if you are scared for your safety, even if that is a gun that you legally own.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I believe you entirely because Cornwall and Devon are just creepy spots and also my favourite parts of the UK.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join