It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I just saw these statistics in the newspaper. Canada had a record 882 UFOs reported in 2004, which is up 30% from 2003. 15% of those reports still remain unexplained. Also, there were 3 reports of a close encounter of the fourth kind.

What could be causing the increase in reports? Is it an increase in UFO activity or an increase in interest in UFOs from Canadians?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
There could be many reasons for the increase. It could be just an increased interest in UFOs or the knowledge of the ability to report them.
By the way, in the article where were people reporting UFOs?
Any chance of finding the article online so we can all read it?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
maybe canada is a prefered "flgith path" to enter our atmosphere

some ufos same ufo same place exactly one year later ya et can be weird

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If true, could be the milder winter weather and more Canadian interest. Assuming the increase is happening during winter months.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Canada`s immergration has increased dramatically over the last couple of years.A wave of Europeans,Asians and possibly some african americans are moving there.Extra-terrestrials are verymuch attracted to areas with a wide variety of people.

Canada also might have interests in space exploration and E.T research as the US(there is a major UFO center in Toronto that has been place recently I think).Canada is also an interesting country in general.It has such a variation in climate in some areas dispite its position latitude wise.Its also a growing power which might become another superpower in future.Its Army is expanding year by year.The greys may take great interest in this.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The complete report can be found here:
www.geocities.com...

The steady increase could have something to do with people knowing where to make the report rather than an actual increase in sightings. This was the opinion interjected by Chris Rutkowski of ufon.org several months ago. I happen to agree with the statement, but I think it's interesting none the less.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Aliens Don't like Canadians

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth76
The steady increase could have something to do with people knowing where to make the report

Does anyone know where we can make reports in Canada? I'd love to know. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by slink
Does anyone know where we can make reports in Canada? I'd love to know. Thanks.

I've been telling people to report UFOs here, www.nuforc.org.... But there are many places to report UFOs just google "report UFO"

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well I live in Toronto, just about one of the most Ethnically diverse cities in Canada and if that were true that UFOs were attracted to places where there are alot of different types of people, then how come I have never seen one? I am a nighthawk and love watching the sky. I see alot of military activity, ever since 9/11 its been on the rise. As for something I couldn't ID as an Aircraft, never happened... Don't know anyone else who has either. Now up north sightings are much more commons. I believe they may be testing some new UAV technology. Thats my opinion but of course I have never seen one in person so I cannot judge.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackSt33L
Canada`s immergration has increased dramatically over the last couple of years.A wave of Europeans,Asians and possibly some african americans are moving there.Extra-terrestrials are verymuch attracted to areas with a wide variety of people.

Canada also might have interests in space exploration and E.T research as the US(there is a major UFO center in Toronto that has been place recently I think).Canada is also an interesting country in general.It has such a variation in climate in some areas dispite its position latitude wise.Its also a growing power which might become another superpower in future.Its Army is expanding year by year.The greys may take great interest in this.

Canada's immigration policy I can't argue with. Though I can argue your point about our military growth. Canada's military may be increasing a little. I beleive we are looking for another 5000 soldiers. (That is not alot)
Not too long ago, (call it 20 years) our Air, Sea and Land components stood at a resonable 120,000 men and women. It mow stands at roughly 60,000.
If that's the grouth the aliens are looking at, it might be because a smaller army is easier to defeat.

As an afterthought. Our government has just promised a 1.65 billion dollar annual increase in our defence budget. (this, I beleive, includes those 5000 I mentioned earlier)

top topics

join