It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Reversal, Trump No Longer Demands Declassification of Russia Documents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

(Mostly) Liberal journalists/reporters are against the release, because there are specific names of reporters included in the documents. The Inspector General alluded to this in his last report, and a Senate security chief (James Wolfe) has been arrested for giving the FISA, and other documents, to specific reporters whose names are hidden in his indictment.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

- the President just bought himself an extra month or two in office 

Lol, you're funny. I wouldn't be surprised if you were saying the exact same thing 12 months ago...
edit on 21-9-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: carewemust

What i find strange is we have reporters saying they don't want access to the documents. Think about this the press is saying no we don't want to see this information. And actually saying it should not be released to the public.

Very strange days when our press is demanding less documents be released.

Perhaps because they’re implicated in it. Strzok And Page, for instance, were clearly motivated by whatever showed up in their google news feeds.

Exactly right. FBI/DOJ officials leaked to specific reporters, then used those stories as justification for taking certain actions. Very sinister...and illegal, when classified info was involved. Reporters willingly accepted the info, which makes them CO-CONSPIRATORS.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'll wager that we'll see better trade tariffs from Oz and the UK now.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneArmedBandit

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: carewemust

Phonecalls from the leaders of the United Kingdom and Australia, and potential info that disrupts the Mueller probe, are why a wholesale declassification didn't happen this week.

Your title is extremely inaccurate. Is that by design, or do you just not comprehend what you read in that article? If it's the latter, I'm willing to help you understand what's happening with the declassification process and why.

Tip -- clicking on the links I put in the OPs will reveal where the title comes from, 99% of the time.

FYI the Failing New York Times and Washington Compost are behind a paywall.

The New York Times is attempting to reverse it's financial nosedive today, by helping the President. (Rosenstein article). Maybe Trump will say something nice about the NYTimes at the next rally.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'll wager that we'll see better trade tariffs from Oz and the UK now.

Well if our politicians ever pull their fingers out of their collective arses and stick it to the EU then we will be able to set up some awesome trade deals.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
So he used it to flush more rats out of the walls.

Everything this guy does makes me laugh with delight.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Phonecalls from the leaders of the United Kingdom and Australia, and potential info that disrupts the Mueller probe, are why a wholesale declassification didn't happen this week.

Your title is extremely inaccurate. Is that by design, or do you just not comprehend what you read in that article? If it's the latter, I'm willing to help you understand what's happening with the declassification process and why.

Tip -- clicking on the links I put in the OPs will reveal where the title comes from, 99% of the time.

FYI the Failing New York Times and Washington Compost are behind a paywall.

The New York Times is attempting to reverse it's financial nosedive today, by helping the President. (Rosenstein article). Maybe Trump will say something nice about the NYTimes at the next rally.

Not really.

Keep in mind that every time the NYT goes to print, the object is to somehow get rid of Trump.

They would dearly love Trump to fire Rosenstien before the midterms.

After all, it would get a lot of Dems out to vote.

You also have to look at the way they slanted the article.

For instance, McCabe was the one who wanted more dirt on Trump. Rosenstien replied with "Really, Andy? What do you want me to do, wear a f$#$#ing wire?"

He was being sarcastic, is all.

Page was in the meeting also, took notes as well, and invoking the 25th was never mentioned, according to her and another witness.

However, it was in McCabe's notes.

McCabe, who pushed for Rosenstien doing an investigation in the first place.

McCabe, who would be one of the two only places the leak would come from. The other would be the office of the Special Council.

McCabe, who is currently being investigated by a Grand Jury for things that everyone else was in on too.

And finally McCabe, who would do anything to sink Trump.

The leak and the article is a trap.

As for the OP, it is just the typical leftist slant to news.

I once heard the joke that if Trump walked on water, the NYT would immediately run an article with the headline "Trump can't swim".

The documents will come out, the left is scared and too bad, life goes on.

edit on 21-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

a reply to: BlueAjah

Not true.

The DOJ is who persuaded him to back track, citing many issues out of it.

Why don't people read for information? You believe I will just accept your opinion after having read about what really happened?

Tsk, tsk.

Edit to add: Literally the first paragraph of the second link.

President Trump on Friday walked back his order earlier this week to declassify information in the ongoing probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, saying Justice Department officials and others had persuaded him not to do so for the time being.

This is a conspiracy site. If they wrote some information you deem pertinent please comprehend that it's our duty to be skeptical. :-p

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
Yep, like i said in other thread, this has McCabe written all over it.

Great summary post you did here.

edit on 21-9-2018 by OneArmedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Yep, like i said in other thread, this has McCabe written all over it.

Great summary post you did here.

Not to be sexist, but as a woman this is easy to see. It's manipulation 101.

Not that we do that at all, sweety.

edit on 21-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Good points. Thanks. Did you also hear today that Rosenstein is likely the "high ranking government official" who wrote the anonymous Op-Ed for the NYTimes two weeks ago?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Good points. Thanks. Did you also hear today that Rosenstein is likely the "high ranking government official" who wrote the anonymous Op-Ed for the NYTimes two weeks ago?

According to the anonymous source named McCabe, perhaps?

These people are spooks. They play the long game and think that the general population are things to use to achieve a goal. They are un-elected officials that hold an enormous amount of power and can legally be secret about what they do. This is the first time since JFK that they are actually effected by an election.They literally get away with murder. And they take great personal offense if they are challenged, which right now they are.

By Trump.

edit on 22-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Is McCabe stupid enough to leak, even when under Grand Jury investigation?

McCabe Grand Jury: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Is McCabe stupid enough to leak, even when under Grand Jury investigation?

McCabe Grand Jury: www.foxnews.com...

You have to realize that he has a long term goal.

Trump is a bump in the road to him. One that needs flattened. To him, being under investigation is merely a bothersome thing. It just effects his next few years.

With Trump gone it will be back to business as usual. With no repercussions at all.

AT ALL.

This is why the midterms are so important.
edit on 22-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

As President Trump says at every rally. It's not just enough to maintain a majority. Republicans need to have at least a super-majority in the Senate, if America is to experience the tremendous prosperity and modernization he has promised.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Then why does he think it will show "bad things", and why only ask for certain pages if he does not know what they are about?

None of this is making sense; although it is excellent distraction, one must admit.

I know you're sharp enough to understand, but you are refusing to do so. Your'e the one with the poor reading habits you accuse others of, Kharron. About 80% or so of the posters here understand the intricacies and realities of this waaay better than you do.

That you have no understanding of why certain pages have been requested and think it's selective cherry picking from POTUS proves you need to expand your sources and don't understand A.) how a FISA is put together and what the many pages consist of and B.) where the actual germane content is located. There's other reasons that have nothing to do with cherry picking but we can't do all your research for you.

To answer your question, President Trump knows there's bad stuff for the deep state in there because he knows he's innocent of collusion and is probably pretty sure Carter Page is as well. Plus some other reasons that are easily apparent when you expand your current source material.

Also, as someone else pointed out, "reversal" is yet another incorrect weasel word from the NYT and that should have tweaked your comprehension but apparently didn't.

Looks like POTUS is playing this brilliantly and bringing Horowitz in was a masterstroke I'm pretty durn sure. Going to be fascinating to see how Rosenstein vs McCabe works out over the coming days/weeks.

I had/have hope for you Kharron...you're a thinker when you try and you're not terminal like Ante. Personally, I read opinions from both sides and try and falsify any theories or conclusions I come to always striving to be willing to follow the truth wherever it leads even if I don't like it. I highly recommend it.

edit on 22-9-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
RE: theconservativetreehouse.com...

Ignore the Nunes video. Read the content below it. Makes a lot of sense. President Trump's 40 years of negotiating deals is in being applied, with this declassification order/reversal.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I think you missed the angle, OP.

After Trump sent the order to declassify, Democrats went into a tailspin... as well as the leaders of other nations...allies.
This should really tell you how significant the redacted information is.

We all know Trump by now. He's not going to back down just because he is pressured. He's dealing and getting what he wants. Note the sudden expose on Rosenstein...

The game is afoot and it looks like the President is sitting on a Royal Flush.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I guess big networks don't try to employ real journalists anymore. They are too risky and might upset one's narrative.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join