It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Reversal, Trump No Longer Demands Declassification of Russia Documents

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, that didn't last long, but I actually think this is a smart move for the President. Many believed he was walking a fine line on this one and obstruction of justice with an ongoing investigation was very possibly going to come out of it. Smart move, Mr. Pres. For real this time.

The IG is already reviewing all these documents and the Senate has already reviewed them and cleared them, saying that they found nothing out of the ordinary in them. The President will rely on the judgment of the IG Horowitz on what could be unredacted and released, and if anything inappropriate is contained within.

In a rare retreat, President Trump on Friday reversed himself and said he was no longer demanding that documents related to the Russia investigation be immediately declassified and released to the public.

Taking to Twitter on Friday morning, Mr. Trump said that instead of an immediate release, Justice Department officials would review the documents, adding that “in the end I can always declassify if it proves necessary.”

Another interesting devlopment is that Trump is claiming he has not seen or reviewed the documents he has asked to be released.

He hasn't?

Then why does he think it will show "bad things", and why only ask for certain pages if he does not know what they are about?

None of this is making sense; although it is excellent distraction, one must admit.

President Donald Trump told Hill.TV during a Tuesday interview that he is convinced the sensitive Russia documents that he ordered to be declassified will prove that the Russia investigation is a "hoax."

There's one caveat, according to The Hill: the president has not read the materials he wants released to the public.

"I have had many people ask me to release them," Trump said. "Not that I didn't like the idea but I wanted to wait, I wanted to see where it was all going."

NYTimes . WaPo . Business Insider

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Phonecalls from the leaders of the United Kingdom and Australia, and potential info that disrupts the Mueller probe, are why President Trump is treading carefully. There is truly BOMBSHELL information contained therein.

Your title is extremely inaccurate. Is that by design, or do you just not comprehend what you read in that article? If it's the latter, I'm willing to help you understand what's happening with the declassification process, and why.

edit on 9/21/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Phonecalls from the leaders of the United Kingdom and Australia, and potential info that disrupts the Mueller probe, are why a wholesale declassification didn't happen this week.

Your title is extremely inaccurate. Is that by design, or do you just not comprehend what you read in that article? If it's the latter, I'm willing to help you understand what's happening with the declassification process and why.

Tip -- clicking on the links I put in the OPs will reveal where the title comes from, 99% of the time.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OneArmedBandit

Closest we'll ever get to hearing him say he was wrong.

You know, monster ego and all that.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
He did not reverse anything. The DOJ approved the release, but had some concerns about the impact.

He asked the Inspector General to review the information. He said that should not take long.
He will release it after this last review.

He is being cautious. If he was not, people would accuse him of being reckless. He really can't win with his critics.

I think it is more likely that the unredacted information will be embarrassing to the DOJ. They said they had concerns just to get him to not release it at all. After the IG looks at it, he might have something to say to the DOJ.

edit on 9/21/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Not true.

The DOJ is who persuaded him to back track, citing many issues out of it.

Why don't people read for information? You believe I will just accept your opinion after having read about what really happened?

Tsk, tsk.

Edit to add: Literally the first paragraph of the second link.

President Trump on Friday walked back his order earlier this week to declassify information in the ongoing probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, saying Justice Department officials and others had persuaded him not to do so for the time being.

edit on 21-9-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I read about what really happened too.
But I went to direct sources, not biased media.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This proves again that the information to be released will blow minds off.

People are not ready yet to fully understand what's going on.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Phonecalls from the leaders of the United Kingdom and Australia, and potential info that disrupts the Mueller probe, are why a wholesale declassification didn't happen this week.

Your title is extremely inaccurate. Is that by design, or do you just not comprehend what you read in that article? If it's the latter, I'm willing to help you understand what's happening with the declassification process and why.

Tip -- clicking on the links I put in the OPs will reveal where the title comes from, 99% of the time.

Obviously, all three of those publications are staffed by writers who don't understand much about the documents, or are attempting to HIDE what they're about.

There's barely any "RUSSIAN" content in them. They're mostly about how Obama's DOJ/FBI SCHEMED, in order to hurt candidate Trump, and unseat duly elected President Trump. For simplicity, I call it Spygate.

These are SPYGATE documents... not RUSSIAN documents.

It's sad that major news outlets like NYT/WaPo/Business Insider, have editors who are too dumb to understand what the documents are about, or, are intentionally hiding what the documents are about.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OneArmedBandit

I love and appreciate ATS members who have the talent, patience, and empathy, to quickly post images of tweets, and other important things, to these threads!

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

In a rare retreat, President Trump on Friday reversed himself and said he was no longer demanding that documents related to the Russia investigation be immediately declassified and released to the public.
Taking to Twitter on Friday morning, Mr. Trump said that instead of an immediate release, Justice Department officials would review the documents, adding that “in the end I can always declassify if it proves necessary.”

It seems to me from reading all three of the stories that the word "immediately" is the key word. Seems that NYT has added a bit of opinion when they claim he has "reversed himself". Reversal would mean that the docs won't be released whereas now he's simply saying that he wants them reviewed carefully because our allies have made that request.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Amazing, absolutely amazing.

For the last handful of days these were Russia documents that were going to once and for all put an end to the witch hunt that is the Russia collusion investigation. Now, all of a sudden, they are not Russia docs.

You know what, it's late... thought you guys would appreciate the news.

Every Trump supporter should be ecstatic about these news -- the President just bought himself an extra month or two in office by doing the right thing for once.

Sleep well, folks. Thanks for reading.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
This proves again that the information to be released will blow minds off.

People are not ready yet to fully understand what's going on.

Believe it or not, the herculean efforts by government and nations to hide this information, lends credence to the belief that they are hiding ET/UFO information too. This spy crap is trivial by comparison. Yet they're chitting bricks over its release.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
That’s unfortunate. Nonetheless, his threats seemed to have worked.

Here’s the full tweets if anyone is tired of the chopped, cherry-picked, and out of context quotes given by the media and their propagandists:

I met with the DOJ concerning the declassification of various UNREDACTED documents. They agreed to release them but stated that so doing may have a perceived negative impact on the Russia probe. Also, key Allies’ called to ask not to release. Therefore, the Inspector General has been asked to review these documents on an expedited basis. I believe he will move quickly on this (and hopefully other things which he is looking at). In the end I can always declassify if it proves necessary. Speed is very important to me - and everyone!

edit on 21-9-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

What i find strange is we have reporters saying they don't want access to the documents. Think about this the press is saying no we don't want to see this information. And actually saying it should not be released to the public.

Very strange days when our press is demanding less documents be released.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

This "walkback" was also done because Bob Mueller is working with President Trump and the DOJ to investigate SPYGATE.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

What i find strange is we have reporters saying they don't want access to the documents. Think about this the press is saying no we don't want to see this information. And actually saying it should not be released to the public.

Very strange days when our press is demanding less documents be released.

Perhaps because they’re implicated in it. Strzok And Page, for instance, were clearly motivated by whatever showed up in their google news feeds.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

My only answer to this is an old Australian saying "Come in spinner".

Everyone bets and gets hooked eventually.

Takes time and some patience. 'Heads' will roll up.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

FYI the Failing New York Times and Washington Compost are behind a paywall.
edit on 21-9-2018 by OneArmedBandit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join