It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feinstein On Kavanaugh Accuser: 'I Can't Say That Everything Is Truthful'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Lumenari

OK You win the internet today.

But I can sympathize with her on the memory loss.

Cause I don’t remember anything about the 80s.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The accuser wants an FBI investigation before she testifies...

www.cnn.com...

They are going to find a way to make this last forever.

Enjoying the show?
edit on 18-9-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This will backfire...

Hugely

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Why would this even be a Federal Investigation? And what about statute of limitations? But more importantly this is not under FBI jurisdiction, they need to just have the vote

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The accuser Mrs Ford has now put out a statement that she will not testify until after the FBI completes an investigation.

The FBI has already completed their investigation and has stated they will not investigate this allegation. So it appears to be a stalemate.

www.google.com...
edit on 9/18/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
www.cnn.com... k now she says she wont testify until the fbi conducts and investigation which seems like another stall tactic as the fbi has apprently said they are not going to investigate it

(CNN)The woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault says the FBI should investigate the incident before senators hold a hearing on the allegations. In a letter addressed to Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa, and obtained by CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360," Christine Blasey Ford's attorneys argue that "a full investigation by law enforcement officials will ensure that the crucial facts and witnesses in this matter are assessed in a non-partisan manner, and that the Committee is fully informed before conducting any hearing or making any decisions." The letter from Ford's lawyers notes that despite receiving a "stunning amount of support from her community," Ford has also "been the target of vicious harassment and even death threats" and has been forced to leave her home. "We would welcome the opportunity to talk with you and Ranking Member Feinstein to discuss reasonable steps as to how Dr. Ford can cooperate while also taking care of her own health and security," the letter from Ford's lawyers said.
so she wants to toss out alegations with out any blowback? dems are trying to stall tell the midterms to see if they can get the house(possibly) and the senate(less likely)

www.dailywire.com... fbi wont investigate it

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has declined to investigate Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh over allegations sent to them by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA). Matt Zapotosky of The Washington Post quoted an FBI official as saying: “Upon receipt of the information on the night of September 12, we included it as part of Judge Kavanaugh’s background file, as per the standard process.” He also reported that the agency was not opening a criminal investigation into what Kavanaugh may or may not have done as a high school student.
this was known back on the 13th of this month yet she wants to say she will only testify if the fbi does something its said it isnt going to do?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The FBI is declining to investigate Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's connection to a Democratic senator's mysterious claim that troubling 'information' had come to her – information reportedly concerning sexual misconduct when he was in high school. Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California said Thursda in a statement that she had referred her information to federal investigators, just a week before the U.S. Senate is scheduled to begin a series of votes on his nomination. Feinstein is a liberal California Democrat who has called on her colleagues to slow down the march toward confirming President Donald Trump's pick to succeed Justice Anthony Kennedy.
so again knowing this she now makes it a "condition" of her testimony screw that you made the accusation and are trying to smear some ones reputation put up or shut up .

even NPR says fbi isnt interested www.npr.org...

Republicans and the Trump White House argue that isn't the FBI's role. The Justice Department seems to agree. In a statement, a Justice Department spokeswoman said the FBI — which has added a letter from Christine Blasey Ford to Kavanaugh's already completed background report file — had already done all it was going to do, because "the allegation does not involve any potential federal crime." "The FBI does not make any judgment about the credibility or significance of any allegation," the statement reads. "The purpose of a background investigation is to determine whether the nominee could pose a risk to the national security of the United States. The allegation does not involve any potential federal crime. The FBI's role in such matters is to provide information for the use of the decision makers." Grassley was more definitive in an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt Tuesday morning."The FBI investigation of Judge Kavanaugh is closed," he said. "The FBI is not doing any further investigation."
this frigging reeks of a delaying attempt and its not even the type of crime the fbi investigates as it would not be a federal crime

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

All I can offer in response is shoulders shrug and maybe a facepalm.

I have nothing else.

It gets crazier by the moment.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

They need to just hold the vote Thursday as originally planned

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I Can't Say I Do Not Believe Her .

Ummm...so...what your saying is that you can't say that you do believe her either...

Like your glass isn't just half full...why...it's also half empty...

Way to straddle a fence man...

You Sir...are the junior champion fence sitter at the Podunk county fair...
Aaaaaaand...your winning prize is...a square dance with centenarian Tilly the willing...

Round your partner...doseedo...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

exactly thats what they should do not that they will but its what they should do

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Just a cheap cop out on the part of the Dems and Ms. Ford.

Trying to find a way to save face...

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Oh I agree. Early on I knew she would disappear and blame it on threats. I figured we would not hear from her until next week. I think the press was hot on the trial, or the lawyer is wavering and put out the statement

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

How about the tactics of Republicans who denied Obama’s constitutional right to choose a nominee

Nothing is lower than that and the GOP did it

What? The GOP followed established precedent? Who would have thunk it?

Back to the topic at hand...does anyone besides me hear clown car circus music in their heads every time they think about the Dems trying to sabotage this SCOTUS appointment? I think we’ve found our missing for 2 years collusion?
edit on 18/9/2018 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

edit on 9/18/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You cannot prove a negative. Your standard for him is impossible.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
We are ALL entitled to an investigation into these allegations.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

LOL! Yes...let's all get our pussy hats back out and March on DC demanding an investigation into an allegation that even the accuser cant remember and wont speak about under oath.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Ok lets confirm kavanaugh then have an investigation, and if he is found guilty then we impeach him.

Our are we also entitled to drawing this out so the dems can wait until the election is over?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

How about the tactics of Republicans who denied Obama’s constitutional right to choose a nominee

Nothing is lower than that and the GOP did it

I dont know which is lower ... but clearly we as a country's keep going in that direction... but yea my team is winging!

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

God no; we really need to stop the endless partisan investigations. At some point our government needs to get back to doing real work.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join