It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walk the Dog or Wee Wee Pad ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
My dog uses wee wee pads. He has a corner in the house with one of those frames that holds the pads. For some reason, he understood how to use it since the beginning but sometimes he shoots out of the frame.

He came from a shelter when he was about 2 or 3 months old, he's around 7 years old now. He pees in other places of the house when he is mad, he doesn't like to be alone. It's ok, other dogs chew stuff. We take him to the park when is possible.

I think train the dog to hold it for many hours until you walk him is not right. What do you think?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Can’t stand the smell of wizz.
Let alone having my house reak of it voluntary. Our pup is 10 weeks old. He’s peed in the house when we don’t get to him in time to be taken outside.
We can spend 4 hours outside with him, not one poop or pee.
Bring him in the house and turn your back for 1 minute... it’s pee pee time.
Actually seen these pee pads the other day for the first time and thought about it for a sec.
But no, would much rather have him trained to want to pee outside

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think wee wee pads stink, but if you want your house to smell like a zoo, feel free. Obviously your dog pees anywhere he wants to in your house. It's not his fault he hasn't been house trained. It's yours.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I think train the dog to hold it for many hours until you walk him is not right. What do you think?

i think having a dog piss on a pillow cause you dont want to take him out is probably not the way to go

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think you shouldn't have a dog without a yard he can freely access. Too many people nowadays keep dogs cooped up in apartments and they only get out for 10 minutes a day.

And then their owners wonder why their dogs are spastic, neurotic nightmares. It's animal abuse, frankly.

Get a cat.
edit on 9/15/18 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Take or let your dog out when it needs to go out.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

My dog uses wee wee pads. He has a corner in the house with one of those frames that holds the pads. For some reason, he understood how to use it since the beginning but sometimes he shoots out of the frame.

Well, give him a break man. He's just a dog, after all.

No. Not good for them, IMO. It's not just a matter of it's gotta suck to hold your urine that long. It's also that it might literally be unhealthy for their system.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I adopted a starving stray puppy that a co-worker found when I was living in an apartment. I tried to be really good about walking her early in the morning before I went to work, and rushing home after work to walk her again. She chewed up almost every stick of furniture I owned, and the carpet - even the padding, down to the concrete.

After about 6 months, I was able to purchase a small house with a fenced in back yard. I installed a dog door so she could go in or out as she pleased. No more chewing.

Every house I’ve ever had since then has had a dog door. I’ll never be without one again.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hhhaaahhhhaaaaahhhhhaaaa!

No, your house shouldn't be your dogs toilet.

Stop babying that bastard and train it like the leader you can be.

If a dog can't get let out, don't own one. It causes all kinds of issues like bladder infections and anal gland infections.

The trick to it is crate training. They don't like to crap where they sleep. In the morning, it's straight outside to do it's biz.

You are supposed to be the new den leader, your job is to give the dog structure and rules. Train with repetition.

In the wild, about as soon as pups eyes are open, they are kicked out of the den for their biz. Predators would find the den if they didn't operate that way and dogs don't want to smell their own waste all day. They just sleep there after that.

That is the trick, back up it's free range area to the kennel, let it out on a sched, at least 3 times a day.

When it gets the sched down inside the kennel, you can slowly, and under supervision let it into your "den" area, but the trick is directly outside after resting.

Dogs get nuts if you don't lead them like a pack.

A big custom kennel is the best setup for unattended days, with shade and water.
Sleeping purposes can be covered with a kennel that's not much larger than the dog.

Burn the pee pads and steam clean the carpet, or it will smell it and pee there again.

...or get yourself a nice cat

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

We take him to the park when is possible.

I think you shouldn't have a dog.

edit on 15-9-2018 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
How big is the dog?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Pet door leading to fenced in area where he can go like a man dog......and this is coming from a man owned by 9 cats. There's two pet doorways in our home. We also have one that leads out to a screened in deck.
edit on 15-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Get off the couch fatty ! He he just joking...

Dogs are like kids if you don't have the time or the ability to look after them you shouldn't have one ,its really that simple.
edit on 15-9-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

We take him to the park when is possible.

I think you shouldn't have a dog.

I didn't mean he doesn't go outside the house everyday. But he doesn't like to walk in the streets, we open the door and he just take a look for a minute and smell the air and goes back right the way to the house in the next minute.

He actually likes to go to the forest with me or stay in the car with the open window. He doesn't feel comfortable in those dog parks neither.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
How big is the dog?

He's a small dog, dachshund mix. Sometimes I think he's half cat because he likes to sleep a lot. Tomorrow I'll take him to the forest with me. Chase squirrels is his sport.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I think wee wee pads stink, but if you want your house to smell like a zoo, feel free. Obviously your dog pees anywhere he wants to in your house. It's not his fault he hasn't been house trained. It's yours.

Maybe it's a way to mark the territory too.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
How big is the dog?

He's a small dog, dachshund mix. Sometimes I think he's half cat because he likes to sleep a lot. Tomorrow I'll take him to the forest with me. Chase squirrels is his sport.

I think people were imagining a St. Bernard or something, judging from their reactions. They don't seem to understand that a small dog pees less at a time than a normal-sized dog.

And your cat-dog is smart for not liking dog parks. Dog parks are the WORST! There's the health issue for your dog, for one, with all the feces all over. All your dog has to is step in or sniff an infected dog's poo or pee. Not worth it! And the "social" side of things for dogs there- HORRIBLE! Owners let their dogs run around wild and they pack up together in gangs and play fighting turns into real fighting. Dogs get injured by each other every day in dog parks across America. And that's for normal dogs; then you have owners who bring their aggressive and/or fear motivated dog, into a small area woh other aggressive/fear motivated digs and let them roam free- bad news. And then thise owners will practically tar and feather someone if their dog dares to swipe back at agressive dog owner's dog who goes around badgering your or others' dogs. I don't even blame those dogs; it's their stupid owners.

Anyway- just be a good owner and give your dog daily exercise and mental challenges so he's not bored, give him consistent and fair and appropriate rules, and love and affection, and if you decide to have him use the pee pads, so what. But I would say give him a good consistent schedule if you can of taking him out every time after he eats and when he gets up from his naps and immediayely ukon waking up in the morning- he can learn to go outside if you're consostent and give him the opportunity to learn- they need repetition and time to learn.

I have 3 small dogs of my own 💞💞💞

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Where does he make a doogy doo??

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
if you arent happy with your pet, your pet cant be happy. if you are happy, go on with it.
edit on 16-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
You could try training your dog to pee and poo in your toilet. I trained my cat to do this and it saves all the mess and cost of having a litter box.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join