It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas Factory ICE raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
ICE detains dozens of workers in Arkansas factory raid

ALMA, Ark. (AP) — The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has detained at least two dozen employees of a northwestern Arkansas food-processing plant as part of an immigration raid. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents served a search warrant Wednesday morning at the Bryant Preserving Co. in Alma. ICE spokesman Bryan Cox says the warrant was for an existing criminal investigation but wouldn't say what agents were investigating. Agents took in more than two dozen people suspected of living in the U.S. illegally. Cox said Wednesday afternoon he doesn't have a specific number of detained employees because some were still being processed and others had since been released.

Seems like they cleared out a good chunk of the work force in the factory in a fairly big raid for this area.

Thankfully it being Arkansas they weren’t hampered in doing their jobs by protestors.

Just sharing some local news not trying to spark a massive debate on immigration issues.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Hopefully they Will be Replaced by American Workers , The INVASION Of Illegal Foreign Nationals MUST STOP !
edit on 13-9-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Just enforce the eVerify system that the government has set up. I personally worked on it, it costs millions per year to keep running. Why isn't being used?

Maybe because the US wants to have illegals working in the US to make money for corporations?

The eVerifiy system simply asks for your name, DOB, and SSN. If you are ok, it says you are ok. If you are working in Texas, and North Carolina at the same time, it throws up a flag. If you are working 200 hours a week, it thows up a flag.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Just enforce the eVerify system that the government has set up. I personally worked on it, it costs millions per year to keep running. Why isn't being used?

Maybe because the US wants to have illegals working in the US to make money for corporations?

The eVerifiy system simply asks for your name, DOB, and SSN. If you are ok, it says you are ok. If you are working in Texas, and North Carolina at the same time, it throws up a flag. If you are working 200 hours a week, it thows up a flag.

Agreed why spend all the money on a system if only used selectively?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They need to come do some raids here in New Orleans. There's a large illegal population here.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

The system works fine. It was tested in Arizona in 2008. No problems. It could be rolled out to the nation at any time. It has the bandwidth to serve over 100,00 queries per day, and can be easily expanded.

I was one of the chief IT folks who designed this system. USE it! Call your congress person. Make America legal again.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

They will leave if they have no jobs. Use the eVerify system.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Obama signed an executive order freezing the use of everify. I do not know how to properly search on here, or i would find the existing thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

And if you steal a ssn it says youre ok.

top topics

join