It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dalai Lama states that Europe is for Europeans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
[snipped]

But I do have an on-topic question.

Since you are Native American, how do you feel about this issue?

It must be amusing to see the white folks get all nationalistic and defensive and just have you sit back and say, "Been there done that".

edit on 9.15.2018 by Kandinsky because: Removed quote of removed post

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think the biggest thing in all of it is that too many people want a place to adjust to them, rather than them making proper adjustments. That doesnt mean everything has to stay the same forever, it just means that places cant properly accommodate such rapid cultural changes. People blindly jump into situations with emotion, and will pander to suggest feasibility if it wasn't for the bigots (and all accompanying identity versions of bigotry).

As World Powers we are constantly caught between policing the world and humanitarian image/desire. I'm personally of the mind if we are responsible for refuge for the sake of humanitarianism then we technically should interact with whatever country to better the situation, that's what's best for everybody. The problem is, that people dont seem to understand is that in most cases is a business transaction. You do that and establish a relationship to help re-establish their country to be profitable for future endeavors to benefit from their economy. Problem, being government officials and their cohorts are profitable from it while we footed the bill. We then resent our government as do they, so they kill us for payback to our gov't?, that we resent.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

Rome was a multinational empire in it's day, all parts of the Roman empire had at least some people from other part's of the world and today among former Roman provinces we can still find gene's from all over there empire and beyond.
But it was never on the scale of ethnic displacement's we are seeing today.
Here is an article form The Guardian a UK tabloid which may be scare mongering or may be based on valid statistic's which claim's that within 50 years native Caucasian European's will be the minority within Europe, it also makes the same claim for America meaning the US rather than all of America but let's be fair though a majority we are not native to the US then again we are not NON native either.

www.theguardian.com...

Best way of looking at it is that we are all human's and the sooner we are all mixed to blend us into one single race of human's the better but that is unlikely to ever happen.

Remember also that while all native European and most Eurasians are Caucasoid of varying shades - from light brown in Eurasia and Afghanistan to flaxen blond and white skinned in most of Scandinavia we are not a single sub race of humanity but are actually several distinct people's with diverse genetic history's and of course people have always married across tribal boundaries or at least had children across them.

Go to north Africa and you will find Berbers that are just as white as European's yet while many may be descended from the millions of European's enslaved Islam and other African slave traders genetic analysis seem's to show they are actually distinct from both European's and from other African's so are perhaps the remnant's of another race of white but not Caucasoid people whom may once have called much of north Africa there native homeland.
It is easy to dismiss them as simply being white slave descendant's and to a great degree many most probably are but that genetic finding I read about years ago now is intriguing and suggests a completely different origin for at least some white blond and green or blue eye'd Berber's.

Remember these are NATIVE INDIGENOUS north Africans though just like white racism does not want other races in Europe black racism does not like the idea that a White race - not European's no matter how much like European's they may look - are the indigenous people of North Africa.

edit on 13-9-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: seagull

I think the biggest thing in all of it is that too many people want a place to adjust to them, rather than them making proper adjustments. That doesnt mean everything has to stay the same forever, it just means that places cant properly accommodate such rapid cultural changes. People blindly jump into situations with emotion, and will pander to suggest feasibility if it wasn't for the bigots (and all accompanying identity versions of bigotry).

As World Powers we are constantly caught between policing the world and humanitarian image/desire. I'm personally of the mind if we are responsible for refuge for the sake of humanitarianism then we technically should interact with whatever country to better the situation, that's what's best for everybody. The problem is, that people dont seem to understand is that in most cases is a business transaction. You do that and establish a relationship to help re-establish their country to be profitable for future endeavors to benefit from their economy. Problem, being government officials and their cohorts are profitable from it while we footed the bill. We then resent our government as do they, so they kill us for payback to our gov't?, that we resent.

I think this is a huge crux of the issue.

Refugees coming in and wanting to have it be the same culturally as it was where they came from. Then you have politicians pushing that Americans have to change and accept these things.

It is almost like grade school....with teachers.....

If someone moves to a different country and they do things differently in that country then the one moving should be the one adapting and changing.

If that doesn't work, then get the assistance you seek and head back to make yours better. It doesn't seem like a mean or bad thing, especially if these folks would make the attempt at helping their own country and people see a better way.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Dalai Lama states that Europe is for Europeans

Too bad we can't elect him Pope.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

How do African Americans feel about their own people killing them and selling them? How do they feel about the Muslims that did the same?

Do you know any of those folks? Why not ask them? when was the last time you had a black person or muslin in your house?

Thought so.

I have 2 African American sons. Want me to rustle them up, and have you ask them that question? Their "people" are the folks they grew up with, mom and dad, and the good folks of central Pennsylvania. But they know that my grandmother's grandfather fought in in the battle of Mobile bay, on the insurrectionist side, against the US. Against the US constitution. I am ashamed my forefather did this. I own it. I am ashamed for my country during this dark period.

I am also ashamed that our country has never resolved the horrible legacy of slavery, and that we still have a portion of our country that needs to feel "better" than others based on skin color. "No matter how low a white person sinks in life, they can still feel better than a person of color" is an age that is coming to an end.

My son is a US Marine, and is graduating from college soon. My younger son will be joining him shortly. Soon I will have two vet sons who are college educated, and making their way in this country, that is quickly turning brown. They both have always had girlfriends who are white (not many African American girls here, and they get boyfriends pretty quick), so get ready for the browning of America.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

That's very true.

I don't mean to imply that it's an easy adjustment for anyone. Two cultural outlooks come together...at some point, there's going to be a clash of some sort.

Most people want to get along. Clashes are, however, almost inevitable.

Here in SE washington where I live, we had a large influx of Orthodox Russian Catholics, and refugees sponsored over here from Somalia, and other places in that region, and it's been...interesting, at times. But with time, they bought into American culture, at least to the point that everyone is much more comfortable around each other.

There is now a Russian orthodox church here in town. Kinda cool, actually. I know the priests who serve there. They're both from Russia, and their stories are...at times, frightening. Nicer people you'd have to go a ways to find. They bought a dozen homes in the area, and completely redid 'em over the course of two years...

The Somalis weren't quite as successful for other reasons...but they, too, have mostly assimilated. They're good people, too. Islam and Orthodox Jews. It's an interesting blending, to say the least...

We'd be the poorer for their absence, again imnsho.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Ashamed? Why? Are you so old that you owned another human being?? That'd make you over 150 years old.

Or do you hold with crimes of the father being held against the children?

Ummm...didn't you hear...it's unto the seventh generation...so Jason...who oddly enough has Bills lung...is just getting this shame game started...

OOhrah...

God I just love the self flagellation at these little soirees...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Do you know any of those folks? Why not ask them? when was the last time you had a black person or muslin in your house?

Let's see... Sunday night, for dinner, and a bit of BBQ. The entire family, even. They're originally from Somalia, and live two doors down from me.

How about you?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Lol. His Western education would've been impossible without Western imperialism. If Europeans had stayed in Europe Mao (or someone like him) would have him pushing up daisies.

Stick to religion, man.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: Vasa Croe

How do African Americans feel about their own people killing them and selling them? How do they feel about the Muslims that did the same?

Thought so.

I have 2 African American sons. Want me to rustle them up, and have you ask them that question? Their "people" are the folks they grew up with, mom and dad, and the good folks of central Pennsylvania. But they know that my grandmother's grandfather fought in in the battle of Mobile bay, on the insurrectionist side, against the US. Against the US constitution. I am ashamed my forefather did this. I own it. I am ashamed for my country during this dark period.

I am also ashamed that our country has never resolved the horrible legacy of slavery, and that we still have a portion of our country that needs to feel "better" than others based on skin color. "No matter how low a white person sinks in life, they can still feel better than a person of color" is an age that is coming to an end.

My son is a US Marine, and is graduating from college soon. My younger son will be joining him shortly. Soon I will have two vet sons who are college educated, and making their way in this country, that is quickly turning brown. They both have always had girlfriends who are white (not many African American girls here, and they get boyfriends pretty quick), so get ready for the browning of America.

LOL!

Nice "token" argument.

I have both in my house weekly actually. My ex is married to a Muslim and I see them weekly. My oldest daughters best friend is black and is here almost every weekend.

Not sure why youd be ashamed. I dont get the "white guilt" thing.

If it matters what your family did a while back, I'd assume it would matter what theirs did a while back too? Or does this again just fall on the convenience of using a timeline you decide starts when the US had slavery?

I dont care what color Americans are....apparently you do and are feeling very guilty for it just because you're white.

And in your same argument, you say their people are those they grew up with, yet you specifically go back around 4 or 5 generations about your guilt.

Do they KNOW their ancestors are the ones that killed of their other ancestors and possibly sold their own distant relatives to the folks your great great great grandfather fought for?

Or do you only discuss the US in your argument?

My guess is they dont know, just as they likely dont know that the very first legal slave owner on record in the US was a black man.....shocker right?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

a reply to: DBCowboy

I mostly drive the Ford Festiva to work. Sometimes I take the Focus. My wife drives an Escape. American cars. Buy American.

Those are all crappy vehicles with high maintenance costs.

You must be a Ford kinda dude......Sorry you got dealt that hand.

[/quote]

Not in my life. Brakes, tires and oil changes. I like American cars. Have owned Chevy, and Dodge also. Right now my Fiesta has 170K on it (2012) and always starts. All i ever do is change the oil and get the tires changed. Brakes. Never even had the timing belt replaced. I really should do that.

I like buying American. You can finance other nations if you like. Don't be whining when your job get off-shored.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

, given the context, the Dalai Lama was talking about the influx of Islamic folks.

Yeah. I am sure that is what you saw.

I bet you have a real cool car. Like "Night Rider". All the cool guys have cool cars.

But back on topic, just trying to place it in context.

You do have a cool car, don't you!

Actually, according to what he has posted in another thread he is a member of the American intelligence agency and can send agents to your house if you don't agree with his ideology.

So I am betting he has a James Bond car.

However, it is probably just a car bed.

I remember following that thread and since you were accused.

No, I now work for one of those 3 letter Agencies that get you so worked up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Someone should be coming by your place shortly to have a chat about your threats and rage.

Speaking in Sweden shortly after the "ruinous" election of far right wing monsters that plan to destroy the world

My God, I do hope this was hyperbolic sarcasm and not a true indication of your thought process.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Let's see... Sunday night, for dinner, and a bit of BBQ. The entire family, even. They're originally from Somalia, and live two doors down from me.

How about you?

Just told you, every night for dinner, at least one African American sit down at my table. And everyone at my table is a vet, except for my 16 year old son. He is planning on following in the family tradition. Goes back many years.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

7th generation, eh?

Well, I'm about a generation or so past that...

Sweet!!! No more guilt for me!!!

Oh, right... Forgot. My folks never owned another human being, or sold one into bondage. ...and my folks go back before there was a United States.

Let's see...

Around nine generations, I think... I'd have to check with one of my cousins to be sure, she's the family historian.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I only buy American....for the most part that is. My main and other two TV’s are not American as is my PC’s and stereos.

But I drive a Buick...Don’t laugh now but it is a great car. Every Ford I have owned has had major issues. I did have a 98 F150 that ran like a champ till the block cracked out of nowhere. I never took it off road or gunned it. IDK what happened but it did.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: DBCowboy

, given the context, the Dalai Lama was talking about the influx of Islamic folks.

Yeah. I am sure that is what you saw.

I bet you have a real cool car. Like "Night Rider". All the cool guys have cool cars.

But back on topic, just trying to place it in context.

You do have a cool car, don't you!

Actually, according to what he has posted in another thread he is a member of the American intelligence agency and can send agents to your house if you don't agree with his ideology.

So I am betting he has a James Bond car.

However, it is probably just a car bed.

I remember following that thread and since you were accused.

No, I now work for one of those 3 letter Agencies that get you so worked up.

Someone should be coming by your place shortly to have a chat about your threats and rage.

Speaking in Sweden shortly after the "ruinous" election of far right wing monsters that plan to destroy the world

My God, I do hope this was hyperbolic sarcasm and not a true indication of your thought process.

Good catch.

I never said I worked for an intelligence agency. I said I work for a three letter agency.

Difference.

Someone was taking what I said and changing it. That could have been because of a reading problem, or something else. Either way, they said the thing that is not true.

Saying a thing that is not true is called other things. But I guess that is bad manners.

Can't have bad manners, by pointing out when people say something that is not true.

So, when people say things that are not true, like the above example, do not have bad manners and call then what we usually call people who say things that are not true.

That is bad manners.

Even if some says something that is really, really, really, and provable not true.

Thanks all for the lesson in denying ignorance.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I mostly drive the Ford Festiva to work. Sometimes I take the Focus. My wife drives an Escape. American cars. Buy American.

Those are all crappy vehicles with high maintenance costs.

You must be a Ford kinda dude......Sorry you got dealt that hand.

[/quote]

Not in my life. Brakes, tires and oil changes. I like American cars. Have owned Chevy, and Dodge also. Right now my Fiesta has 170K on it (2012) and always starts. All i ever do is change the oil and get the tires changed. Brakes. Never even had the timing belt replaced. I really should do that.

I like buying American. You can finance other nations if you like. Don't be whining when your job get off-shored.

Ummm...I have to agree with part of this...I do so love my F150 FX4 offroad supercrew with the 4"lift and tuned exhaust...but I also love the Saab 95 Aero and the 08 Honda Civic winter rat...

Course the ZX12R unlimited Ninja really brings a smile...while the stately 1980 CB 900 Custom 10 gear with the side car is whole other mind trick...

It's funny...you come off as a rampant Trump hating progressive...yet now we learn what a closet nationalist anti offshore Secret squirrel Trump team player you are...
Kudo's dude...me likey...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

My dad liked Buicks. Back in the 60s and 70s. They were nice rides. He would let me use one occasionally on a date as a teen. They were "bedroom" cars.
edit on 13-9-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

(post by JasonBillung removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join