It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dalai Lama states that Europe is for Europeans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: DBCowboy

, given the context, the Dalai Lama was talking about the influx of Islamic folks.

Yeah. I am sure that is what you saw.

I bet you have a real cool car. Like "Night Rider". All the cool guys have cool cars.

But back on topic, just trying to place it in context.

You do have a cool car, don't you!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Oh, I know what he was referring to...

When does one become a European...or American for that matter...

My family, or parts of it, were here in the 1600's, when New York was still New Amsterdam, some were the guys peakin' out at the boats when they arrived.

Does that make me American, or am I still a transplanted European?

I have a dream, that one day we'll be judged by our character, not our appearance or the God we worship, or don't worship, as the case may be. Sound familiar?

If the immigrants come here, or there, by legal means, and aren't here, or there, to cause a ruckus...then shouldn't they be allowed to be Europeans, or Americans?

Many of those refugees, imho, of course, will/would go back given half a chance to do so safely, and continue to go on living safely...

That's part of the reason my family, back in the days long gone, came here from Europe. So that they could live safely, or at least on their own terms...

Funny how that's working out...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Isn't that what any of us do??

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

, given the context, the Dalai Lama was talking about the influx of Islamic folks.

Yeah. I am sure that is what you saw.

"I think Europe belongs to the Europeans," he said, adding they should make clear to refugees that "they ultimately should rebuild their own country".

Actually, I think that is what he read.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Actually perfectly stated, the problem is that cultures clash and unless we give everyone a huge boost in there IQ they will always blame the wrong person's and usually because they look or speak or pray differently.
There are also those whom will use this on both sides of those divides to further there own personal agenda's and to our detriment as a species though not always correct those that do are often those with the higher IQ's whom should be the one's mending these divisions instead of causing them.
What was it Regan said about how quickly we would forget our differences if we were facing a common threat from outside our world.
We'd forget them but sadly not permanently as war is in our nature.

link   
a reply to: seagull

You make a good point.

When does a person become European?

Is it the culture?

Is it the language?

Heterogeneity is something that people are going to have to get used to losing, in my opinion.

But when does a culture become another culture?

link   

Who else does Europe "belong" to except for the people who live there?

Have you spoken to anyone in Sweden or Germany over the past 5 years? Europe does not belong to native Europeans.

Unless of course, you're being cheeky and insinuating that anyone who relocates there is automatically European.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

That is a fair statement actually, if we as Europeans are impoverishing those nation's by taking there best and most talented as well as there workers then how can those nation's ever recover?.

Or build up there own economy's when those talent's are working for our's.

edit on 13-9-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

I mostly drive the Ford Festiva to work. Sometimes I take the Focus. My wife drives an Escape. American cars. Buy American.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

What a doozy to say for someone who had to flee from Tibet in the tender age of 15.

Oh, the heights of hypocrisy!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'd say he is correct. Help those in need, but ultimately they should go back and help their own country.....not rely on others forever.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Have you spoken to anyone in Sweden or Germany over the past 5 years? Europe does not belong to native Europeans.

Is 5 years the standard?

OK, nice to know.

So if we go back 100 years, is Europe still Europe? Have you seen the migration pattens over the past 5,000 years? 500? 50?

Dunno.

(post by JasonBillung removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Is 5 years the standard?

OK, nice to know.

So if we go back 100 years, is Europe still Europe? Have you seen the migration pattens over the past 5,000 years? 500? 50?

Dunno.

Are you still mad at the US for slavery or is it really Africans and Muslims that screwed their own people?

If we are hitting the history books here then you should be up in arms about folks that are generations removed from slavery continuing to talk about it as if the US was the initiator.....

Pretty sure that it was their very own people from their very own country that made it happen.....

Love how history is always only good for when you want to use it and having the ability to pick a date that suits the argument.....

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Are you still mad at the US for slavery

No, ashamed. How do you feel? Good about it?

How do you feel about slavery in the US?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

True enough, on the face of it.

But many of them have children, or will have, and going back, should they want to, could be problematic in terms of safety for those kids.

By that time, many even most, of them will have assimilated to the areas they're living in. Football (not all us Yanks call it Soccer...). They'll have homes that they have sweat equity in. Any number of reasons may, probably will, exist that "there" is no longer home, "here" is now home.

I know two sets of Cuban refugees, or former refugees, from the earliest days of Castro, they'd love to go back, but here, in their case, a small bush community in Alaska where they run a restaurant--a really good one--and have homes. Where their kids were born, etc...

They are as Alaskan, imnsho, as any native born First Nations. They're certainly Americans.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Are you still mad at the US for slavery

No, ashamed. How do you feel? Good about it?

How do you feel about slavery in the US?

Wasnt around for it....no need for shame.

Didnt start it and never sold my own people off into it....again...no need for shame.

How do African Americans feel about their own people killing them and selling them? How do they feel about the Muslims that did the same?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

Ashamed? Why? Are you so old that you owned another human being?? That'd make you over 150 years old.

Or do you hold with crimes of the father being held against the children?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I mostly drive the Ford Festiva to work. Sometimes I take the Focus. My wife drives an Escape. American cars. Buy American.

Those are all crappy vehicles with high maintenance costs.

You must be a Ford kinda dude......Sorry you got dealt that hand.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join