It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dalai Lama states that Europe is for Europeans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: YouSir

I think if Bill Murray met you he would punch you in the face. I have met Bill. He has no patience for idiots.

Ummm...so I take it your nursing a shiner...and a fat lip...

You Sir...are an...

Yousir

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

Yes, you did. I meant to edit that out...oops.

Happy for you. Legacy's like that are to be respected.

My own families military service goes back, here in the States, to colonial times. Two members of my family served in the Colonial Army, another in the British Army--though we're none to certain where he served, just know that he did.

My family was split, right down the middle during the American Civil War, or at least my Grand-dads side of it. His two oldest brothers served, one in the Federal Army, the other in the Army of Northern Virginia. To the best of anyone's knowledge, they never spoke to each other again...

Every generation since, has served. I think I may be the only one who didn't for any length of time...too blind, too deaf, and a bit too contrary most times.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Not at all - completely facetious. I am just trying to be liked by the cool kids you know?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Space snake has my vote

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It always amazes me how our relatives did things, and the parts they played in history. I don't think my people came to the US in time for the colonial wars. Some relative, maybe. Distant cousins. Who knows what side they fought on? Probably the one that would represent their interests.

History is hard to know. It is perspective. I don't know for sure that my relatives in the past owned slaves. That is a family history that might be too shameful to pass on. But I do know that as a country we have a shameful past that is still ongoing.

It does not matter if you were involved in the slavery of the the US history in the past, what matters is what you are doing now to remedy the past sin of our nation. Saying that you are without sin helps naught.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Nice "token" argument.

Oh my. My son the Marine will be glad to hear that the folks he protects every day view him as a "token."

Be proud. You have insulted a proud American Marine.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Good point. We are all mixed. Remember that white folks, when your kids get married to brown people.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Nice "token" argument.

Oh my. My son the Marine will be glad to hear that the folks he protects every day view him as a "token."

Be proud. You have insulted a proud American Marine.

I didnt use him in my argument and certainly didnt ask if you've ever had a black or Muslim in your home.

I'm sure he'd be really proud of you for that....using him as a token of your white guilt....nice!

Care to address any of the rest of the post?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

using him as a token of your white guilt....nice!

Who said I was white?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I have no more of a problem with someone of a different culture than my own, unless that culture goes against the basic principles that all other cultures have meshed with under our same flag. I get it that can be said about my culture as well, but people undercutting the process along the ways doesnt change the basic principles established. The foundation is there for every man and woman. They say the devil is in the details and we have effectively litigated to the devil into the details, simply for the purpose of smiting one another. Most everyone takes leniency on themselves and figures they deserve their allowances. How and when they take them causes more harm and dysfunction than our government could ever plan, and it further emboldens them. People have a certain temperment about scale of said ventures without weighing the scale of what's provided to society on the other end.

We dip into each others pocket to sell a fascade meanwhile the government has siphoned the last out of the community pot and filled it up with IOU's all while we have failing infrastructure among lacking in other necessities.

I am at the point where I think its pivotal to help ourselves if we should want to continue to "help" the world. I believe insuring someones need to be here isn't bigoted. I dont know anything that's happened recently to change the dynamics for need so drastically from some of the countries from the south. If they're coming here they should want to and we should help them to conform enough to contribute to society. I just think it's time for the USA to limit exposure for a little while to work on the damage its insued, #coverupdoesnotheal

edit on 9/13/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Come on - you've been in enough of these threads to know the deal.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

How do you "remedy" the sins of the past. They are past. The only way is to never allow them again.

Whatever sins my forefathers/mothers are guilty of, are theirs, and theirs alone, and they are, undoubtedly, answering for them in one fashion or another. Anything I do to redress that would be superfluous, and of little to no use.

I'm not about to start wearing "guilt" as some form of star of shame just to satisfy some craving to be blamed for something. Crimes that I, myself, commit will be sufficient, I think.

All I can do, or will do for that matter, is live my life as best I can. My sins are of little account to anyone save myself, and my judge in the hereafter.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Of course, I have. Doesn't mean something new might not be presented...

So far not...but hope springs eternal.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

We still, as a nation, have never come to grips with the great sin of slavery. Even today, in whispered tones, people of color are denigrated and wronged. If you are an American, and still hear these echos of the past, and deny you still hear them, then you are as guilty as those who put people in chains.

We have all heard the whispered tones, and know that they are out there. The words speak for themselves.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If you’re not on the same side as the Dalai Lama and Norm MacDonald... you might be. A baddie.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

using him as a token of your white guilt....nice!

Who said I was white?

Well unless you have a really twisted sense of humor then your own argument of being ashamed of slavery in the US would be odd if you weren't....unless of course you meant you're ashamed of you African ancestors for putting your lineage in slavery...which wouldn't make any sense based on your argument.

So...are you white?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Actually we did some time ago?

Why would any person alive now be held responsible for actions that even their own families had no participation in? Is everyone responsible for their long dead ancestors wrongs? How far back do we go, 200 years, a 1,000 years?

Should I demand the Japanese apologize or perhaps the Germans? Since my ancestry is German (pre - 1850's) and I'm a native born American should I be doubly responsible?

If you are taught from birth that a group of people are out to get you, what do you think the outcome would be as you grow up? Would that skew your judgement and perhaps blind you to current reality?

What do you think it feels like to be constantly accused of being something you are not and hated for things you played no part in? Walk a mile in the other sides shoes before you judge and accuse based soley on race. You know, judge a man by his character.

Kudos to your son's by the way. You must be quite proud

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Dalai Lama states that Europe is for Europeans

Full of wisdom is that Dalai Lama

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

What in the world is going on? How could the ol Lama ever speak such madness?

The DL doesn't understand fully the regional political implications of his opinion. The fact of the matter is, the DL is a refugee himself, and he (as well as many other Tibetans) want nothing more than to return to their own country and rebuild Tibetan society. DL knows only too well how difficult it is to live as a refugee in a foreign country. However China will not guarantee his safety indeed, China has stated its intention in the past to prosecute the DL as a counter revolutionary.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Hes clearly a nazi kkk white supremacist who raped women and children.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join