It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rejecting Puerto Rican Death Toll, Trump Accuses Democrats of Inflating It

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So did the hurricane kill these people or the piss poor handling of the crisis by the Puerto rican government?

Trump sent money and emergency supplies and the locals dropped the ball.
They deserve more blame than the hurricane.

Who owns that government?

Passing that buck is like throwing a boomerang.

You dont know much of the differences between a State and a Commonwealth , do you ?
Puerto Rico is its own government as any other Commonwealth of the United States of America is.

Research before you post.

How about you research before you post.

I posted the dates when we let them have a government before you posted your tripe. 1947

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If it was primarily due to the fault of the Puerto Rican government then why didn't Trump argue that point? Why did he instead make the ridiculous claim that the study is a lie perpetrated by the Democrats?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I live in Virginia. We're a Commonwealth. Does that mean I'm not beholden to the US government?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well if we apply the same metrics to all the death toll counts in all hurricanes then all the numbers will look different.

Perhaps we should all admit that we have always counted the death toll from hurricanes to be directly related to the event and not by what happens 6 months later. I agree that the effects of the event cause more lives to be lost but that has happened in all such events and the only difference is now they choose to change the metrics of how the totals are calculated and then they try to compare that to other storms that the tolls were not calculated under the same metrics.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Not only that but it’s all an estimate, and not actual body count. You’d think that with thousands of more deaths than what was officially tallied there would be some worry about all the missing corpses.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Funny that us locals have a completely different story than what is being said in the media. They are just trying to make Trump look bad.

a reply to: SpartanStoic

Having worked for FEMA in the past as part of a DHS contract I can factually tell you that any local US administration will raise death tolls to get FEMA money. Different elements of the Federal Gov't will help them do this. Guam did it, Puerto Rico did it, and the coastal states do it.

I can vouch for this, I had conversations with some FEMA employees where they said that they have to inflate costs so the funding does not get cut.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It will likely happen with florence also. They move everyone out of those nursing homes and that puts great stress on people that are already stressed and weeks or months later they pass. They are not counted in the official death count of the storm and have never been until harvey. I personally seen this happen in the past.

Compound that with a piss poor response by the usa government with all the whitefish controversy and you got issues then.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It is in times like these that I like to ask myself, "If Obama were president and said the same exact same thing under the exact same scenario, what would Trump supporters say about him?" Well, the answer is quite different from what every Trump supporter says right now...

If under the same exact scenario Obama had offered such an excuse people would have been up in arms calling him a deadbeat president, accusing him of gross negligence, and attacking him on a personal level with various thinly veiled racist terminology. Of course they would claim that none of their attacks were fueled by racism, but instead would accuse Obama of inciting racism - the, "I wasn't a racist until you were elected, so it is your fault I am now a racist," argument that was so popular on the Internet.

It is very funny to me that Trump supporters would basically believe any wild claim Trump made even with no proof of that claim, but in comparison they think Obama lied about everything and was to blame for everything they felt went wrong in this country - even when the facts don't support that view.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It's absolutely disgusting. No two ways about it. And defending him is equally disgusting whether you're a supporter of his generally or not. Wake up for god's sake.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The official Hurricane Maria death toll in Puerto Rico stands at 64.

Source: www.cbsnews.com...

George Washington University's defense of their ridiculously high estimate, is... RIDICULOUS.
See: thehill.com...

George Washington University tortured data to make Hillary Clinton a BIG LEADER over Donald Trump 3 weeks before the election. (All low-integrity outlets and institutions did)
GWU - Hillary is killing it!: mediarelations.gwu.edu...’ll-win

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The official Hurricane Maria death toll in Puerto Rico stands at 64.

Source: www.cbsnews.com...

George Washington University's defense of their ridiculously high estimate, is... RIDICULOUS.
See: thehill.com...

George Washington University tortured data to make Hillary Clinton a BIG LEADER over Donald Trump 3 weeks before the election. (All low-integrity outlets and institutions did)
GWU - Hillary is killing it!: mediarelations.gwu.edu...’ll-win

??????????????????
GWU's defence of their estimate is in no way 'ridiculous'. You're just against it because the Orange Bloviator denied it in yet another baseless ignorant rant of a tweet.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Well...extrapolated data is not the most accurate.

Not to mention they and Trump are talking 2 different things: how many did the hurricane kill vs how many did its aftermath kill.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Anybody see this on the MSM in July?

LOL

Puerto Rico mayor, two others arrested on corruption charges

💥😃💥

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The hurricane situation was bungled terribly in Puerto Rico, by both local and Federal authorities. One small example - the horrible decision to hire a 2 person company, giving them a 300 million dollar contract to restore power. Of course, the fact they knew Trump's interior secretary, and that was Zinke's home town had NOTHING to do with it. Yea.. ok, suure.

Not sure if people are being intellectually dishonest, or are just that bamboozled by the POTUS. It's pretty obvious that:

- Trump takes credit for anything good that happens, whether he was fully involved, or more often, barely involved at all.
- Trump NEVER takes credit for something bad happening. EVER. It is impossible for him, with his ridiculously inflated ego, to take accountability for anything negative.
- Trump often will take credit for something that went terribly, and try to paint it as if something great happened. Puerto Rico is just one example.

He is who he is, I'm not sure why his followers can't just admit the bad parts. They, like Trump, act as if he is literally a perfect President. No decisions he makes are bad, they are all great, everything that goes wrong is someone else's fault, and everything that goes right is because Trump made it so.

And I won't say all his followers.. I've seen a very tiny handful actually call him out when he makes dubious decisions or stupid comments. But that is a very small # of his followers.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: efabian

The media simply likes to spin things. Assuming you're from the island, you already know about the Majors witholding provisions from the public. Aside from that, there was that shady company which was supposed to help restore power, money went to them and for some reason they barely did anything and that ended up being top news in the radio on how the government made a mistake in hiring them. Millions of dollars "lost" (though I would guess it was stolen). The radio also tried to make Trump look bad over tossing paper towels...

(No more comment on that)

originally posted by: xuenchen
Anybody see this on the MSM in July?

LOL

Puerto Rico mayor, two others arrested on corruption charges

💥😃💥

Ding ding, bingo, Xuenchen nailed it right there.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join