It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The European Parliament voted to punish Hungary 448 - 197

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The left right thing is kinda alien to me because I'm both depending on the issue at hand.
I've never felt comfortable in either box.
The US left right arguing is rabid compared to UK politics...most Brits are somewhere in the middle in my experience but vote with whichever side ticks most boxes and is likely to form a government.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's a bad Idea for Hungary or Poland to attempt to export NATO into Ukraine in the coming days and weeks !
Something like that, will end up unpleasantly for the heroes of democracy and freedom !

... especially considering that a rather cold winter might be coming this time ...

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
While the EU parliament votes for idiotic and irrelevant sanctions, it is at the same time pushing Hungery into attacking Ukraine. NATO putting eyes on Odessa, will get stomped if they try moving a single unit in the country.

Gas pipe for EU through Ukraine will have to close Dec. 31st !

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Visegrad Four? Hmm...not surprisingly, I've never heard of 'em... be right back.

Poland. Hungary. Czech Republic. and Slovakia. That's an interesting group of nations. All with extensive historical experience with being under the thumbs of hegemonic rulers. Not surprisingly, they've perhaps begun to think that maybe the EU wasn't such a great idea, after all.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nor are they fond memories.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

They will learn to give a bleep, because if they decide they can feel free to start the Fourth Reich in Hungary, they will be taught that they are mistaken, at the end of a bayonet if necessary.

So, a sovereign nation makes its own rules, and outside forces will come in and change their minds by force??

Hmm...

Where have we heard this tale before?? Here I thought Europe was far too enlightened to do this sort of thing any more...

So, tell me, reeducation camps a thing in your brave new Europe? I would think that the idiocy on-going in the Middle East would be a chance to learn from the mistakes made by my country...

Oops. Guess not. WWI taught y'all nothing. WWII taught y'all nothing.

By bayonet point? Seriously?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The Visegrad states : Poland, Czech and Hungary are hiding concentration camps where the Illuminati bankers and businessmen keep child slaves for pedophile movies and they run child prostitution rings. Some of the big bosses are now being blackmailed by Italy int doing certain things to help save their Illuminati-run bankrupt economy !

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

no, you see, when there is no one left on this planet who embraces a toxic variant of nationalism, when there is no one left on this planet who has a problem sharing space with people of different cultures, ethnicities

Wow. Stalin would be proud. You know what he once said? "Problems are the result of men. No man, no problem".

Your support for communist death mantras has been duly noted for future reference.

Incidentally, no-one in Britain (except for a tiny minority) has any issue at all in sharing space with people of different colour/ethnicity, creed or cultural background. For example, the Sikhs. Far & away some of the most wonderful, humble & decent people on God's green Earth. They have integrated brilliantly with British culture, and have contributed much cultural wisdom to our lands. Taoists. Amazing people, with fascinating thoughts about the ways of the world, and incredible cultural contributions too. Also integrated amazingly well - neither they nor the Sikhs gave up any part of their culture by integrating it with the British way of life. The same can be said largely for persons of Hispanic origin here in the UK. And the list goes on. There is only one 'culture' that cannot, will not, and likely never will integrate in any meaningful way with a nation having a population which is mainly morally upright, as is the case with the UK. There is no part of the British way that will cause people to struggle integrating their culture, if their culture is based around the common laws drawn from ethical & philosophical reflections on the nature & meaning of life necessitating the pursuit of good moral character. No matter where in the world you come from, your culture should be based around the rule of law & general tolerance/acceptance of & decency towards those around you, wherever they're from, whatever they believe in terms of faith, and whatever cultural affects they may have developed over the millennia.

However, if you hail from a culture which is a brutal medieval abomination, which insists it is acceptable to murder your daughter if she expresses an interest in education, or in courting a certain boy who is slightly outside of your narrow community tribe, or that the rape of nine year old girls is permissible as 'marriage' for a 60 yr old man, or where you hold it as a point of religious pride that deceitfulness towards hospitable strangers & theft from their storehouses is 'morally good', when the rest of the human race knows that it 100% is not good, then your culture isn't worth # & should be damn well left at the door with no exceptions if you want to enter a generally moral culture which is based on the rule of law & common decency.

Understood?

That crap is what people are opposed to. NOT persons of different skin colour or those of different but pleasant faith groups or those from different parts of the world. When will you people wake up & realise you're shooting yourself in the foot while traveling in the good ship Britannia in which we all are sailing, and the bullet went through the damn floor of the hull & now we're sinking...?!?! This analogy is even more relevant in Merkel's Germany, Macron's France, and Juncker's EU in general, and the fallout will be disastrous.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Good to see that I'm not the only one who considers that poster to be a dangerous influence. The logic gaps are astounding, and yet he deludes himself that he is some sort of righteous crusader against fascism. Antifa probably take great pleasure themselves - over his posts.

edit on 6.11.2018 by AstralThundera because: phrasing

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AstralThundera

You are not the only one. The problem with these people who so easily call others fascist, nazi or evil, based on only a view that differs from their own, is best described by Friedrich Nietzsche...

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

edit on 7-11-2018 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
That member doesn't speak for all Brits, even his username annoys me 'TrueBrit' like he has the say of the nation in his flowery leftist words.
Every grooming rape gang in every town and city over the past few years has been Pakistani Muslim yet he doesn't see a problem. It's lame and pathetic hand wringing limp wristed left wing bull#.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
That member doesn't speak for all Brits, even his username annoys me 'TrueBrit' like he has the say of the nation in his flowery leftist words.
Every grooming rape gang in every town and city over the past few years has been Pakistani Muslim yet he doesn't see a problem. It's lame and pathetic hand wringing limp wristed left wing bull#.

Yeah real classy...we discuss topics, not members.

And on the topic of Hungary...

They said that officials often used spray that caused burning sensations to their eyes, set dogs on them, kicked and beat them with batons and fists, put plastic handcuffs on them and forced them through small openings in the razor wire fence, causing further injuries.

One man who had been stopped inside Hungary in a group of 30 to 40 people, including women and children, said they were beaten for two hours: “I haven’t even seen such beating in the movies. Five or six soldiers took us one by one to beat us. They tied our hands with plastic handcuffs on our backs. They beat us with everything, with fists, kicks and batons. They deliberately gave us bad injuries.”

Human Rights Watch

Yeah you keep hiding behind your claim to sovereignty, in a civilized world one does not defend this!!

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 08 Nov 2018 01:03:55 -0600am3003201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime
When did you become a moderator?
If folk don't want to be beaten by Hungarian forces then don't illegally enter Hungary.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
When did you become a moderator?

I didn't, just pointing out that it is rather childish and very immature to attack the poster.

If folk don't want to be beaten by Hungarian forces then don't illegally enter Hungary.

By this logic, are you okay if cops drag you out of your car and beat you up if you make a traffic violation?

Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Oh behave, a traffic violation is different to illegally entering a a country.
If I knew cops would beat me for a traffic violation though then I wouldn't violate the traffic law.
It ain't rocket science lol
EDIT
I've entered countries illegally (China and Cambodia) and expected a beating if I was caught lol
edit on 8-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I would jolly well hope that if such things were allowed the people would be dusting off the guillotines for some good old government reforms...lol

But my point is that it is never okay to treat people that way. Not even if they illegally enter your country...

Did you see those people's militia's patrolling the border? the twinkle in their eyes? All dressed up like little G.I.Joe's enjoying every minute of their "just" fight against the (unarmed) enemies...

I agree that every country should be free to decide which people they let in but I am never going to accept violence because of fear!!!

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 08 Nov 2018 01:58:07 -0600am3058201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I disagree, if Hungarian forces beat people who enter illegally then don't enter Hungary illegally and whine about it.
Pretty simple really.
EDIT
Again, I've entered countries illegally and expected a beating if I was caught...I wouldn't whine about it.

edit on 8-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

A refugee, generally speaking, is a displaced person who has been forced to cross national boundaries and who cannot return home safely

I guess this part is lost on some.

I know you would like to believe there is much danger in letting fundamentalist crazy religious people carry their bombs across your border but does that mean we have to accept a "little" inhumanity?

Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Yeh whatever, they can claim asylum at the border post, but try to sneak in and Hungarian forces give you a beating...cry me a river lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join