It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serena Williams Cheating?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well i am not gonna post any articles since the event has spun out of control in the media due to cartoons making fun of her and such have over shadowed the actual event.

During the tennis match her coach was in the stands making gestures with his hands and the ref called her out for it. her defense is that she never looked at her coach at all while he was doing such. the coach admitted he was sending signals.

I am not sure about the rules but it seems to me the ref would have to catch her receiving signals.

She blamed it on the fact she is a woman and that her integrity was tarnished by the ref that accused her of cheating even though she was not.

Here is the video.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

How she reacted was really...bad. she got called out for cheating because she is a woman? Wtf? No it was because she is black. Everything but because her coach is an idiot, right?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I can't watch the video as it's 'blocked in my country', but I'm confused,

Is a coach not paid to, well, coach?

I'll never understand sports,

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

www.bbc.com...

srry i am struggling to find a decent article that covers the match and not the aftermath hoopla.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

How she reacted was really...bad. she got called out for cheating because she is a woman? Wtf? No it was because she is black. Everything but because her coach is an idiot, right?

No she is claiming that everything that happened after the initial call is because she is a woman. She says she threw a fit like a man but was not punished the same as a man would have been.

Taking the initial point did not cost her the match but the events after that very much did.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

And who's to blame for that but her? If she looses control that easy thank gawd she isn't doing martial arts. It's just embarassing. No matter how you look at it. No self control.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think you may be right!!a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Without a comma, it is even more accurate.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You're an ignorant P.O.S. baby

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You're an ignorant P.O.S. baby

OUCH MAN

Also tennis is a crappy sport IMHO.

I would rather watch golf. Hell I play fetch with one of my cats and would rather watch video recordings of that then ever watch tennis

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
While I agree that her behavior was wrong, I do believe she has a point to make. John McEnroe use to destroy line judges, umpires, fans, ball boys, racquets and anyone or anything else who remotely looked in his direction.

I looked up his fines and such, and he went a very long time without any but started racking up fines later. As for coaching, the coach did admit it, claims that everyone does it and said she didn't even see him.

I don't know it can really add up to cheating anyway, a hand signal is not going to help when getting out served, run all over, etc. Serena has had a fantastic run and it will continue but younger athletes are right behind her.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Doesn't football, baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey, volleyball etcetc...coaches stand there yelling directions? 'course they do...so???

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

In tennis no, coaches can't coach during the match. He's in the stands as a spectator.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

And who's to blame for that but her?

If her claim is true that a man doing the same thing would not have been givin the same penalties then she is not to blame.

If it is found that she was treated equally then her remark of sexism would prove to be false and that would rest on her shoulders.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I really do not think she is a cheater.

I think that is what got her so wound up because it is not an easy thing to do to be great and not cheat in some form and when someone does it without cheating and then is called out for cheating then all that struggle comes into play.

On a side note i am pretty sure that black guys everywhere shed a tear when serena got married to a white guy.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

She never used courtside coaching when it was an allowed option. As a pro she would always make her own adjustments on the fly.

Why would that be any different now?

I don't follow women's tennis closely but she seems to have more bs thrown at her than any modern player. A price of greatness and also probably her in your face personality.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Doesn't football, baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey, volleyball etcetc...coaches stand there yelling directions? 'course they do...so???

And all those sports have different rules, too.

If the rule in tennis is that your coach cannot coach you during a match, then that's the rule. So long as everyone plays by the same rules, it's the way it is. Just because a baseball coach can grab his crotch, honk his nose, tap his left shoulder twice and left his leg to smack his shin to tell his pitcher to throw a slider doesn't mean that Serena's coach can now signal her to move closer to the net during play.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

She's been drug tested more than any other player too, suggesting that they think she's a cheater. I think this incident was just a last straw. www.thepetitionsite.com...

Since she's never ever failed a drug test, she accused the organziation of harassment.

Then, there's the whole issue of her not being able to wear long (compression) pants, that were made to help blood flow because she has blood clotting issues. So, she showed up in a tutu and compression tights! That, the org is okay with! metro.co.uk...

I'm not into tennis, but I love Serena Williams! You go girl!

edit on 10-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join