It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End to Stars or show usernames of who starred posts?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Firstly, I like this particular forum because there is no option to star posts. If you have any wish to express your agreement with posts you are forced to actually comment, not just star a post on the secret sly.
Facebook/Twitter both do it, some forums I know have a similar option naming the members who 'thank' a poster etc, so who thinks this would be a good option for ATS?

I'll go first: I would like ATS to have this feature introduced, but if it couldn't be for whatever reason I would like the whole anonymous starring system removed instead.
Thanks in advance, I'd be interested in any mods views especially, would it help your job knowing who is pretty much the different 'gangs' on ATS?
Gangs in the sense of fellow humans who agree with much of the same as each other, not negative 'gang' stuff lol

Only way to satisfy everyone is to give the OP the ability to turn off/on flags and stars.

If the OP wants everyone to star his/her thread then turn it on.

If you don't want everyone to star your thread then, by all means, turn it off.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I wanted to play more but I have to go now.In keeping
with your no stars and flags attitude,I didn't flag this
thread.Now you know!

LMAO I didn't want any flags either *PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT* Don't Flag this post lol, I'm here to make a point.
edit on 8-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: Typo

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If you pretend to star this comment, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance, your friendly ATS neighbor.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2
This thread in this forum is a fantastic example, because you secret starrers have to reply if you wish to show your opinion lol.
I never have this many replies in threads I create, just a load of stars for me or others.
You have to reply here though Lmao.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wow, I just figured out a way to bypass the system!

Stars for everyone!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

Firstly, I like this particular forum because there is no option to star posts. If you have any wish to express your agreement with posts you are forced to actually comment, not just star a post on the secret sly.
Facebook/Twitter both do it, some forums I know have a similar option naming the members who 'thank' a poster etc, so who thinks this would be a good option for ATS?

I'll go first: I would like ATS to have this feature introduced, but if it couldn't be for whatever reason I would like the whole anonymous starring system removed instead.
Thanks in advance, I'd be interested in any mods views especially, would it help your job knowing who is pretty much the different 'gangs' on ATS?
Gangs in the sense of fellow humans who agree with much of the same as each other, not negative 'gang' stuff lol

Only way to satisfy everyone is to give the OP the ability to turn off/on flags and stars.

That option sounds very reasonable.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm mostly a lurker. I don't really comment much because if you read the entire thread before you comment then your thoughts have usually been expressed by someone else. Therefore I star that person. I see no need to post the same idea again. It clutters the threads and reminds me of "that" person in a meeting that everyone knows is only talking to hear themselves and don't realize how idiotic and parrot like they sound.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: edmc^2

That option sounds very reasonable.

Lol, scared of people knowing that you agree with some contraversial opinion.
Almost Pmsl.
...come on, explain exactly why you wish to be anonymous when you star a post???

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker
I'm mostly a lurker. I don't really comment much because if you read the entire thread before you comment then your thoughts have usually been expressed by someone else. Therefore I star that person. I see no need to post the same idea again. It clutters the threads and reminds me of "that" person in a meeting that everyone knows is only talking to hear themselves and don't realize how idiotic and parrot like they sound.

Nobody is disagreeing with that, do you wish starring to be anonymous or not, and why?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Nobody is disagreeing with that, do you wish starring to be anonymous or not, and why?

No because its none of your business.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
... because i have nothing to add, but i agree with the sentiment.
Or because the member might have made a really good op ,or post,
that i don't really agree with , but I star for the effort involved, or the logic , or thoughts
involved...

Begone star police.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

I can ask whatever I like. I haven't broken any T&C's so stop crying.
You don't have to answer anything I ask, and nobody can star you lol.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

If people knew how often I did not star a post...some hurt feelings let me tell ya. But just between us, I did not star this post, for obvious reasons.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

I can ask whatever I like. I haven't broken any T&C's so stop crying.
You don't have to answer anything I ask, and nobody can star you lol.

I'm not telling you not to post, I'm saying your question/request is stupid because it is none of your business who stars another's post.

So please take your own advice and stop crying.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
But just between us, I did not star this post, for obvious reasons.

Yes, the beauty of the board questions forum which has stars disabled lol.
I love it

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

If people knew how often I did not star a post...some hurt feelings let me tell ya. But just between us, I did not star this post, for obvious reasons.

😆... I doubt all of us need validation through stars, but I love your sarcasm. Fake star for you !

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn
No tears here mate, only observations and chuckles.
You don't want the world to know who you agree with online but I'm open for the world to know.
Massive difference lol

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Why are you making such a fuss ?
Stars are good... we like them.

You don't like them..

Two opinions ... so what! snowflake!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4
I don't see anyone 'making a fuss' lol, drama queen much?
I'm asking people for opinions and engaging with folk in conversation.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4
Lol behave with the snowflake silliness, I'm asking a question and seeking opinions.
You disagree, cool, no skin off my back is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join