It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End to Stars or show usernames of who starred posts?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn
Nope, I'll hang around like a bad fart until mods shut this thread down 'for review' lol, stop weeping to yourself mate, I still love ya.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Wow, I just figured out a way to bypass the system!

Stars for everyone!

Yippee,these are for you,

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Nope, I'll hang around like a bad fart until mods shut this thread down 'for review' lol, stop weeping to yourself mate, I still love ya.

We still love you, too.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker
I'm mostly a lurker. I don't really comment much because if you read the entire thread before you comment then your thoughts have usually been expressed by someone else. Therefore I star that person. I see no need to post the same idea again. It clutters the threads and reminds me of "that" person in a meeting that everyone knows is only talking to hear themselves and don't realize how idiotic and parrot like they sound.

Nobody is disagreeing with that, do you wish starring to be anonymous or not, and why?

Anonymous is fine. I don't need anyone to know what I starred to feel better about myself. I gave you a reason people star instead of comment since we were referred to as too cowardly to identify with an opinion that others might find offensive. We are watched enough and it would not make me comment more. I comment if I can contribute something that hasn't already been added.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

We still love you, too.

Aw, I do love you, we have good make-ups when we disagree

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I only give stars to people I disagree with, or that I know don’t like me. Thereby voiding the entire premise behind the stars.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Honest answer. The star system is a simple means to eliminate the back slapping, attaboy replies that add nothing to the discussion and honestly waste bandwidth for those with data restrictions. Keep in mind that way back in the day, many members accessed the internet with 56K dial up modems.

In 2006 when I joined, it was exclusively by 3G as I was an OTR truck driver at the time. I did not have data limits due to a deal I made demonstrating my set up. But nearly everyone one back then did. Or at the very least throttling to consider. Which is also a modern concern with today’s “unlimited” data plans.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I'm mostly a lurker. I don't really comment much because if you read the entire thread before you comment then your thoughts have usually been expressed by someone else. Therefore I star that person. I see no need to post the same idea again. It clutters the threads and reminds me of "that" person in a meeting that everyone knows is only talking to hear themselves and don't realize how idiotic and parrot like they sound.

Nobody is disagreeing with that, do you wish starring to be anonymous or not, and why?

Anonymous is fine. I don't need anyone to know what I starred to feel better about myself. I gave you a reason people star instead of comment since we were referred to as too cowardly to identify with an opinion that others might find offensive. We are watched enough and it would not make me comment more. I comment if I can contribute something that hasn't already been added.

So you just star in secret then.
Cool, hide away with your opinions. I stand by mine in public.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

We still love you, too.

Aw, I do love you, we have good make-ups when we disagree

Now that’s some heavy sarcasm 😆... funny though... fake star for you .

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am of the opinion the OP has been posting while under the influence,
or,enjoys being obnoxious.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye Now that’s some heavy sarcasm 😆... funny though... fake star for you .

Lol I actually meant that, I'd cover your back if I saw you in trouble in real life.
Maybe sometimes we forget real world relationships?

edit on 8-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: fix quote tag

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth
Lol no, totally straight tonight, if there is a post of mine you particularlly object to please quote it and I will respond.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

some people may be starring in their minds or thoughts, without touching buttons. lazy people. how will you find out about them in your system?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Obnoxious it is!

edit on 8/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Reply fix

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
8 pages in a few hours of a new thread is what you get when people have to post their opinion and cannot star lol, so predictable!
I love threads like this without the star option.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
and i d be happy if you stop writing lol.making it hard to read. you can chuckle over there, it is good for your health but we dont need to know what you do that frequently.
edit on 8-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

originally posted by: mamabeth

Obnoxious it is!

Quote my obnoxious posts then maybe?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye Now that’s some heavy sarcasm 😆... funny though... fake star for you .

Lol I actually meant that, I'd cover your back if I saw you in trouble in real life.
Maybe sometimes we forget real world relationships?

That’s nice to know CCG... though I doubt it will ever come to that .. as I don’t plan on being in your part of the world.

Instead of stars, how about I buy you a couple of pints of good Canadian crafted beer if you’re ever in my parts. I know some pubs you may like. 😏
edit on 8-9-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
But on a serious note, I think the idea of removing flags and stars could possibly kill the site. I think this is what makes the site a little more unique than others. Flags and stars are by no means the reason you should be posting anything, but it does give some extra incentive to maybe put a little more effort into what you want to create or post--anyone saying otherwise is either lying to you, or lying to themselves.

And as somebody who enjoys creating content and posting, I would find it pretty discouraging or even difficult to continue if I felt like no one was evening listening to me and I was wasting my time talking to the wall. Sometimes it's good to know your efforts are being appreciated.

But with that being said, I do somewhat agree with your sentiments in regards to the gangs. I'm probably guilty of it myself, but hey, what can you do? Such is the reality of a conspiracy site filled with intelligent people in one of the most polarizing times in history. We are tribal by nature.

The way I view it, is not whoever gets more stars is more correct, but simply they have resonated with more people-thus adding something to the conversation. It doesn't always equate to being something of substance or high-quality, but it adds something nonetheless-and quality is subjective at the of the day.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I will S&F and / or reply for four reasons, 1) well thought out op that has my interest, 2) op or reply that is funny to me, 3) like someone pointed out, if it will piss off or trigger the s********* and 4) the op or reply is just asking to get t******, although officially I didn't say that.

You're not one of those advocating to deautonomize internet with some kind official credentials?

When I'm out and about with my laptop, before leaving home I change the first three bytes of my mac address 00-20-91 which is the NSA's OUID. Probably should change the whole thing but for most purposes the first three bytes is enough for public wifi.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join