It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End to Stars or show usernames of who starred posts?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

yes it is. and you still have silly ideas.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Haha nearly 10 pages!!!!
No stars is the way forward because you angry folk have to reply Lmao, this is great!

Well to be fair, you alone take up about 4 pages. But I get your point.

Still don't agree with it.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

8 pages in a few hours of a new thread is what you get when people have to post their opinion and cannot star lol, so predictable!
I love threads like this without the star option.

Ah, it was an experiment?

No, a genuine question because I had a random thought earlier.

Try using the search function next time, you will see the same replies, but you already know that.

Come back to me when you are a mod.
Thanks anyway though lol

Just giving some advice, don't be so grumpy.

I'm in a friendly and happy mood, we're good.
I still advocate for knowing who stars replies though. That will hardly change will it lol

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986
I just reply as best I can dude.
No stars is the way forward here though to me, I love that it forces a reply I can answer to a person.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
we all know who gives the stars and there is no difference between having them or not.so as i said at the start, you need to find a personal way.
edit on 8-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i could explain that to you more clearly maybe but you dont know much about experiments.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

End to Stars or show usernames of who starred posts?

No way, why do want to take away the Sock puppet festival of JOY? you're mean!!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
I know, please help cleanse me of my demons.
I like to think the world wouldn't end if we knew who starred each other though.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I know, please help cleanse me of my demons.
I like to think the world wouldn't end if we knew who starred each other though.

You can put me down as a big fan. I'll star and flag you up the covfefe if you like.

We aim to please here at operation lodestar.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Covfefe is cool if you go public and don't hide behind a Lodestar, that would be lame

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

for whom?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
10 pages of interesting disagreement which wouldn't have happened if this was in a starry forum.
I love it.
#BanStars lol.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

10 pages of interesting disagreement which wouldn't have happened if this was in a starry forum.
I love it.
#BanStars lol.

Are you so sure about that ? A thread with this type of topic could go on for pages with or without the stars... I wouldn’t make assumptions so quickly.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

somebody other than you may read this thread and watch you make an ass out of yourself tomorrow. good luck in your silly endavours.
edit on 8-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
Yep, I'm sure.

Why do you wish to be anonymous when you star posts? Sorry, I forgot, busy thread n all.
I'm happy for people to know which posts I star.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Firstly, I like this particular forum because there is no option to star posts. If you have any wish to express your agreement with posts you are forced to actually comment, not just star a post on the secret sly.
Facebook/Twitter both do it, some forums I know have a similar option naming the members who 'thank' a poster etc, so who thinks this would be a good option for ATS?

I'll go first: I would like ATS to have this feature introduced, but if it couldn't be for whatever reason I would like the whole anonymous starring system removed instead.
Thanks in advance, I'd be interested in any mods views especially, would it help your job knowing who is pretty much the different 'gangs' on ATS?
Gangs in the sense of fellow humans who agree with much of the same as each other, not negative 'gang' stuff lol

Celtic,

I don't know what the issue is. You have more than double the stars as I have and you've accumulated them in a fraction the time I did. Take that as an achievement.

I don't think ATS should get rid of stars but I do think they need to get with the times and allow thumbs up and thumbs down. I haven't been posting much lately mostly because the site has become too political. I do read the selective threads on occasion though. You have no idea how badly I'd like to give thumbs down to some of the ridiculous posts especially when it comes to politics.

The Mud Pit should be abolished. Some members are so predictable that reading their posts is just a waste of time. Those that post just to slander one side or another politically should be banned altogether.

That's my two cent's worth. Take it or leave it.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti
We find agreement then

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I doubt the site will want to add the overhead to capture the data.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
There are no”gangs” on ATS. The star system is a good barometer on how people really feel. I think I piss off everyone equally and I still rack up stars. Sometimes I make good points, sometimes I’m talking out my ass. There have been times when I thought I had a legitimately good point and yet no stars. I think you might need to come to terms with the fact that not everyone will agree with you all the time.
At the same time, I might think someone had a good point and I still don’t star it for whatever inane reason.
The flag system is really important though.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I doubt the site will want to add the overhead to capture the data.

That's fair enough if the case, how do you feel about the issue? Do you prefer to 'star' posts anonymously, and if so why?

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join