It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 898929

It is. I won’t argue with you on that. What I can say from years of investigating is that occasionally you find a nugget there.

In this particular instance, the poster posted a blacked out NMSU staff badge and dropped several technical documents that looked somewhat legit. Additionally, their discourse was exceptionally reasonable and didn’t seem to contradict anything I’ve seen / studied so far. If it was a LARP, it was well done and didn’t carry any sort of hyperbolic tone.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Although it was a bit hard to take that insider info seriously, with them not taking the topic entirely seriously themselves..they left a lot of good little details which both corroborate and add to the knowledge that was presented here.

I feel overall that the person was legitimate, and it leaves me with less questions..but one nagging one.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Clendennan

Meh. If they want to find the identity of a 4chan poster the govt can do that.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I agree about legitimacy when it comes to chan, avoid it like the plague... That said, the responses do seem to be extremely level-headed, logical, and appropriate for what I would expect someone who worked there would give. "Boring" even by conspiracy/chan chat even. That doesn't mean he's not still making it all up but toning it down to be believable, but to me gives more credence to the fact that they may be telling the truth. Granted, they still arent really giving much info thatnwe don't already know.

Surprised this far in to the thread we havent been able to rule more out or hone in on something as being more reasonable. I sure hope there's a break somewhere in the "case" lol even if it turns out to be a more mundane explanation... At this point the anticipation is almost irritating.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

I'm just not buying it. 4chan is notorious for vague answers and never really getting the breaking info. It could be true, just doubt they would do their leaking there.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vampira309

Omg...watch what you say people thats all I wanna add about the article being removed. There was a questionable mention of footage being released unaltered, and then that changed to the term data being released.

So originally there was footage to be released in its original, unaltered form..and now its data, or I guess now it's gone.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: Outlier13

If they are solar observatories and we have only (1) sun it seems the focus would be on a shared subject ... No ?

It looks as though the solar observers mainly look at individual parts of the sun up close but at Sunspot, they do have this one and I bet it is rare to have a fully dedicated observatory.

The Hilltop Dome contains several telescopes that have one task only: to look at the whole Sun all the time that the Sun is visible. Pictures are regularly taken through these telescopes; most of the time at the rate of one picture per minute, but more if it is likely that something interesting will happen.

The Hilltop Dome telescope takes two kinds of pictures: ones that show what the Sun looks like to the human eye, and others at a particular color (with a wavelength of 6563 Angstroms) that is affected by hydrogen atoms in the Sun. In such pictures, faculae, filaments, and solar flares stand out much better than in ordinary pictures.

The Hilltop Dome form an archive of observations of the Sun. It allows scientists to see the largest possible number of interesting things on the Sun (such as solar flares), even if the other telescopes at the observatory are looking at other parts of the Sun.

This describes each of the telescopes and what they can do.
www.mountaintimes.net...

link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Agreed. As someone who frequents that site, it’s a cultural thing to not take things seriously. It can be especially hard for outsiders to pull anything useful and cut down on all the ‘noise’ that is generated—that seems to be by design.

My most nagging thought from that thread is the amount of nonchalance that seems to permeate this and other witness accounts. Though that seems to be dropping. I’m with BigDave on this one, I’d be hammering for answers if it was me.

The poster does reference trying to get additional answers and coming back with info. I’ll be skimming looking for that and update if I run across anything.

link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
It’s all good I was thinking about having some bushmills Irish whiskey on the rocks, been a long week.

Tried the 10?
But I digress...great thread, and yes, it exemplifies what is great about ATS!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Felt this way until the Vegas shooting photo leak, that came through 4Chan didn't it?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 898929
a reply to: Clendennan

Meh. If they want to find the identity of a 4chan poster the govt can do that.

yes, but all the idiots cant

like here, its easier to find me, way easier.

There its a bit more difficult. The last thing id want are the autists after my at my place of employment or my home

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

It just had a terrible rep... I could be totally wrong, I just feel like it's a LARP.

This is crazy! So many different theories, just insane....

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fiscal
a reply to: threeeyesopen

The poster does reference trying to get additional answers and coming back with info. I’ll be skimming looking for that and update if I run across anything.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Im putting my money on a Chinese student gained access, and now everyone is offsite until theyre all cleared, emails gone through, etc. Simplest explanation.

I also don't think its necessarily about this site, but what its connected to for hopping through one system to another. It makes sense the other solar arrays would be connected to this one in some form, so theyd be taken down also.

Time may tell or it may never tell.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ToasterBorst

A lot more people were involved in that. Go ahead and believe what's on 4chan, I'm taking whatever comes off that board with a grain of salt

link   
Jordan Sather just posted a video about this. I've got my qualms with him, but he is apparently also my distant cousin via Abraham Lincoln, so whatcha gonna do.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-9-2018 by ToasterBorst because: (no reason given)

link   

Not saying I believe it, just saying that photo drop left me wondering if people might actually use that hell hole for leaking.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ToasterBorst
Jordan Sather just posted a video about this. I've got my qualms with him, but he apparently also my distant cousin via Abraham Lincoln, so whatcha gonna do.
www.youtube.com...

Thanks for this

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ToasterBorst

Not saying I believe it, just saying that photo drop left me wondering if people might actually use that hell hole for leaking.

If you wanted to leak something quickly, where would you leak it?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Definitely good advice. Anything anonymous should be taken with a grain of salt.

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join