It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Good grief. This just posted up today on AURA’s website. It’s literally the same boiler plate response, I hope this isn’t it:

www.aura-astronomy.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

What's crazy is no one can quote the FBI. Everything I have heard is he said she said. I even wonder if the sherrif put up the stop sign and tape. The post office evacuated because they got a phone call, and the observatory evacuated because they got a phone call. We have too much info floating around haha. Only one person is quoted as actually having seen the FBI, and the rest is second hand account.
edit on 14-9-2018 by 898929 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Clendennan

Several other forums on this topic are being inundated with posts about a failed rocket nearby, not getting much traction though. Its been being mentioned since this morning.

I for one welcome our new Alien Overlords

Failed missile test, retrieve missile back to work.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: 898929
a reply to: ToasterBorst

Check out the comment about the failed missle test. Someone said it went down a couple miles from the observatory so they evacuated. Mentions strange smell and helicopters showing up.

Interesting, very interesting....

Umm- wouldn't a missile crashing nearby be noticed by like- *everyone*? AND the sheriff would be getting a 911 call, followed by fire crews? Plus, the fire crews there would have lit out of that station like they were the ones on fire.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

So, Space.com updated their article with info from the email that was sent out. It’s literally the same boiler plate stuff. This is starting to feel like a bad joke and I’m stuck in crazy land.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Yeah I would think a missile coming down would be a pretty spectacular site.
And there are other houses in the general vicinity.
Bigdave posted earlier of one that's about 6 miles away that's for sale in another little community.
It's going for 215 grand if anyone is interested in setting up a command center for this thread

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fiscal

Good grief. This just posted up today on AURA’s website. It’s literally the same boiler plate response, I hope this isn’t it:

www.aura-astronomy.org...

*Stares, and then...*

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Man, she could have at least added the "leave us alone" part like I suggested

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

Bigdave posted earlier of one that's about 6 miles away that's for sale in another little community.
It's going for 215 grand if anyone is interested in setting up a command center for this thread

*checks my account*

Is it bad when your banking website laughs at you and then crashes?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

On point, remind me to never wager with you on future events.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Thank you thats some promising information, some kind of an update...but really why are they dragging this out, they're waiting for someone to give the green light.

Then at the last minute it's like hey guys, nice work and all..but we're all screwed, sorry for making you wait while we evacuated. That's kind of how it feels right now for me.

This is why I feel that way. As posted by another member in the thread about the gas explosions.

"This is going to sound bizarre but, I’ll say it anyway. A friend of mine works with a member of the religion of peace, who inexplicably is taking next week (the entire week) off. It’s very weird because they work in a school where the year has just begun and this person is new to her position - and it’s a pretty senior position. The person will not tell anyone WHY she needs off and is willing to be docked pay. Just throwing it out there because it made my tin foil hat radioactive. P.S. you will be safe in Michigan."

edit on 14-9-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

There's a board meeting coming up in AZ- maybe someone can go crash it.

As I get implicated for conspiracy to commit a riot. *.*
edit on 14-9-2018 by wylekat because: Character probs

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Does anyone know how soon filing a FOIA request could get results on this?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Not soon I’d imagine, I think they have 60 days to respond to requests but they can string you along longer.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: 898929
a reply to: ToasterBorst

Check out the comment about the failed missle test. Someone said it went down a couple miles from the observatory so they evacuated. Mentions strange smell and helicopters showing up.

Interesting, very interesting....

Umm- wouldn't a missile crashing nearby be noticed by like- *everyone*? AND the sheriff would be getting a 911 call, followed by fire crews? Plus, the fire crews there would have lit out of that station like they were the ones on fire.

I was thinking more along the lines of saying that theory being put forward was interesting not that it wa right, there would be way more going on if it was downed craft of any type. Sorry for my vagueness I’m little hungover.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

By the time i come up with the cash to buy that house for sale there.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

*checks my account*

Is it bad when your banking website laughs at you and then crashes?

Need to do a group buy....

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The update will be: we have vacated the sunspot observatory unroll further notice for a security issue we are dealing with. We are hard at work with the appropriate authorities.
Seriously people. Were on it, leave us alone.

Man you were so close!

September 14, 2018

The Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) is addressing a security issue at the National Solar Observatory (NSO) facility at Sacramento Peak, New Mexico and has decided to temporarily vacate the facility as a precautionary measure until further notice. All other NSO facilities are open and operating normally. AURA, which manages Sacramento Peak with funding from the National Science Foundation, is working with the proper authorities on this issue.

Contact: Shari Lifson, AURA Corporate Communications Coordinator, [email protected]

Really. The "leave us alone" part should've been added.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: BigDave-AR

spaceweather.com (scroll down a bit in that site) has started posting radiation doses of flights .... why hmmmmm

March 21, 2003
Source:
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
Summary:
Since the late 1970s, the amount of solar radiation the sun emits, during times of quiet sunspot activity, has increased by nearly .05 percent per decade, according to a NASA funded study. "This trend is important because, if sustained over many decades, it could cause significant climate change," said Richard Willson, a researcher affiliated with NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies and Columbia University's Earth Institute, New York.
www.sciencedaily.com...

NASA: Radiation from Space is Increasing – weak sun to blame
wattsupwiththat.com...

edit on 14-9-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

The update will be: we have vacated the sunspot observatory unroll further notice for a security issue we are dealing with. We are hard at work with the appropriate authorities.
Seriously people. Were on it, leave us alone.

Man you were so close!

September 14, 2018

The Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) is addressing a security issue at the National Solar Observatory (NSO) facility at Sacramento Peak, New Mexico and has decided to temporarily vacate the facility as a precautionary measure until further notice. All other NSO facilities are open and operating normally. AURA, which manages Sacramento Peak with funding from the National Science Foundation, is working with the proper authorities on this issue.

Contact: Shari Lifson, AURA Corporate Communications Coordinator, [email protected]

Really. The "leave us alone" part should've been added.

It was heavily implied...

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join