It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I've been browsing the pdf that someone was kind enough to hunt down and so far it appears more and more that this isn't EPA related to me I mean one of the options is to do nothing with the facility and they project no impact from that so why would they be pulling all this seemingly impromptu hub-bub?

From the PDF:

4.1.5 No Action Alternative Under the No Action Alternative, no mothballing or demolition activities would occur. Therefore, there would be no demolition impacts to vegetation, wildlife, protected species, Southwestern Region RF Sensitive Species, or migratory birds. Current O&M would continue with no change from baseline conditions. No impacts to vegetation, wildlife, protected species, Southwestern Region RF Sensitive Species, or migratory birds would be expected because there would be no change from baseline conditions.

Seems they aren't too worried about to me.....

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: Realtruth

What do you think of this.

We are updating the code infrastructure that provides access to SOHO data, images and movies. We expect the work to take several weeks. In the meantime, you can access the SOHO Archive Catalog here and current solar data images here."

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Not buying that BS for one second.

In the next 45 days, or so things will be more evident. However this is not a fear based statement all is good.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Sounds like the most reasonable explanation so far.

Ya know, other than aliens. /sarc

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

That was me that linked it. It’s my understanding that there were three options. What I’m unsure of is why exactly there would be multiple options given in a 711 page report if there were no impacts. But then again, the simple explanation is likely bureaucratic waste of time / money in the EPA.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Webcams for Apache Point and Sacramento Peak appear to be offline--though they may have been for some time.
observatories.hodar.com...

edit on 11-9-2018 by ToasterBorst because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fiscal

That was me that linked it. It’s my understanding that there were three options. What I’m unsure of is why exactly there would be multiple options given in a 711 page report if there were no impacts. But then again, the simple explanation is likely bureaucratic waste of time / money in the EPA.

Appears to me to just be bureaucratic BS and red tape, granted it’s a little early to ingest 700 pages of EPA lingo for my tastes but I’m not seeing the big deal so far obviously the place isn’t too big of a ticking time bomb or they wouldn’t have a do nothing listed as viable option IMO.

This is very odd stuff indeed...

PS Thanks for the link!

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Interesting thread going on at 8ch.net/pol concerning this topic. Some are thinking this could be related to the 72 new fast radio bursts that researchers discovered at Breakthrough Listen, a SETI project.

Researchers at Breakthrough Listen, a SETI project led by the University of California, Berkeley, have now used machine learning to discover 72 new fast radio bursts from a mysterious source some 3 billion light years from Earth.

Something is emitting repeated and powerful bursts of energy. While most fast radio bursts are one-offs, the source here, FRB 121102, is unique in emitting repeated bursts. This behavior has drawn the attention of many astronomers hoping to pin down the cause and the extreme physics involved in fast radio bursts.

news.berkeley.edu...

A poster on 8ch.net/pol thinks someone at the National Solar Observatory might have located large alien craft near the sun and tried to leak this information out via the Post Office. FBI came in and closed everything down to contain the leak and perhaps find the package/documents at the Post Office that contained materials relating to this "discovery." Hey, at this point, anything is possible.

Here's the post (NOTE: post contains a few insulting words):

Thread is at this link:
8ch.net...

edit on 9/11/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/11/2018 by shawmanfromny because: added link

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I've been hearing that as well on other sites. I'm not typically frequenting either 8 or 4 chan however people have been posting information from those sources a lot throughout this investigation.

If there was let's say an alien craft near the sun the I guess the next question would be wether they'd care to bother with us, not saying I believe that's the case.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

a reply to: shawmanfromny

I've been hearing that as well on other sites. I'm not typically frequenting either 8 or 4 chan however people have been posting information from those sources a lot throughout this investigation.

If there was let's say an alien craft near the sun the I guess the next question would be wether they'd care to bother with us, not saying I believe that's the case.

I avoid the Chans like a plague but this actually had me on there checking it out and god did I get a reminder why I don’t eff with the Chans.... Toxic as all hell and I’m not thin skinned.....

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here's a definite possibility. In March 2018 the Air Force met with towns people to discuss expanding White Sands. The discussion was about expanding it to the southeast but I couldn't find anything finalized . Are there any pilots around here that know how to dig that information up?

www.google.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well today is 9/11.
I guess this story is international now but still no answers.
Usually you can get info from paying attention to the details, for instance of the language. We know they used the word evacuate, not move, not close, for instance. I am hoping there will be the press conference today, and if so it will make sense.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I just skimmed through a lot of it, I did see mentions of increased solar activity along with people talking about the link I posted earlier from NASA.

There still is not any real information coming out, just speculation and most of it is about the sun. The thing about it being a solar event is if that is the case, we might as well kiss ourselves goodbye. If that's the case, I'm not going to even worry much about surviving it, what would be the chances of not being irradiated.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Here's a definite possibility. In March 2018 the Air Force met with towns people to discuss expanding White Sands. The discussion was about expanding it to the southeast but I couldn't find anything finalized . Are there any pilots around here that know how to dig that information up?

www.google.com...

Still wouldn’t explain the suddenness of everything and the FBI presence.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I just skimmed through a lot of it, I did see mentions of increased solar activity along with people talking about the link I posted earlier from NASA.

There still is not any real information coming out, just speculation and most of it is about the sun. The thing about it being a solar event is if that is the case, we might as well kiss ourselves goodbye. If that's the case, I'm not going to even worry much about surviving it, what would be the chances of not being irradiated.

Wrong kind of radiation, the sun would be EM radiation and it would take a MASSIVE amount to effect our bodies, this isn’t Alpha, Beta, or Gamma ionizing radiation like I think you may be confusing the term radiation with. The only real danger is to our way of life and the grid.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

If that's the case then I dont have any trouble with that. I've been reading a lot of posts, trying to learn more real information vs the random stuff people post about the sun and solar storms.

I'm learning a lot more about our sun then I ever knew before so I guess that's a plus about all of this.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

www.google.com...

You could have something there because when they wanted to expand Groom Lake they finally took the land from People some years back and they really expanded the base.

The Sheahan’s ancestors established mining for silver, lead, copper, zinc and small amounts of gold dating back to 1889. Manning said the family owns six patented claims in addition to 15 unpatented claims that are leased to the Bureau of Land Management.

Members of the Sheahan family said Monday they have rejected the Air Force’s $5.2 million offer to buy their land and mining claims near Groom Mine, next to the secret Area 51 installation where the U.S. military and CIA have tested spy planes and stealth aircraft for six decades. Joe Sheahan, 54, of Henderson, said the family has decided to decline the final offer that the Air Force made public last week because “we want to keep our property.” He said the Air Force has threatened to take control of their property through eminent domain on Sept. 10 if the family doesn’t accept the offer.

www.reviewjournal.com...

So April this year

Air Force Looking to Expand Airspace in New Mexico
www.usnews.com...

Here is some of their suggested expansion information I don't know how near any of these are to Sunspot.
Notice of Intent To Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for the Special Use Airspace Optimization Project, Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico
www.federalregister.gov... pace

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

If that's the case then I dont have any trouble with that. I've been reading a lot of posts, trying to learn more real information vs the random stuff people post about the sun and solar storms.

I'm learning a lot more about our sun then I ever knew before so I guess that's a plus about all of this.

It would still be a VERY bad thing and cause mass loss of life.....

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 321cya

I'm within an hours drive of that place and don't have anymore than you folks have found.

Dunno about others but I find that worrying. You have the whole 'small town' thing going on, and no one KNOWS A THING. Not so much as gossip has wandered by, from what I can gather.

For me, this makes it worlds creepier.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I'm reading that a person who's friend was apparently there (in the area) was given 15 minutes to evacuate by the FBI, and a command post type of vehicle was spotted. Apparently this person also observed a blackhawk helicopter.

It can be confirmed that people other than the scientists were also evacuated out of the area, so perhaps this statement is from one of those civilian persons who was evacuated.

That's about the only interesting info aside from military guys talking about aircraft circling the area but it seems the aircraft circling are refueling type craft. Not my area of expertise.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Depending on what is at the observatory. The FBI has their own air surveillance wing .

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join