It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 898929
Would it be possible to get some drone footage in the area? Maybe someone that lives around there could get us some aerial footage of what's going on.

The legality would be questionable in the best of times, doing it with the it crawling with feds is asking for trouble.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Morning time makes sense as most Facebook / Twitter posts stop activity around that time. Mind linking or sending me a link to the YouTube video so I can browse?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I mean it would have to be restricted airspace. The worst they could do is tell you to leave. Live stream the whole deal. I doubt they would arrest you if it's legal to fly in the area.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I mean it would have to be restricted airspace. The worst they could do is tell you to leave. Live stream the whole deal. I doubt they would arrest you if it's legal to fly in the area.

Fining the balls off the person and taking the drone would not be unheard of and security becomes touchy if there’s indeed a federal investigation ongoing. Any airspace closure? If not there’s nothing keeping any area news choppers from having a look see.
edit on 9/11/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: doobydoll

I don't think those are planets. Not at the same exact size- and well- there's only ONE planet that could fit the size requirement, that'd be Venus. Mercury is so close, it'd be a tiny blob.

Another thing to ponder as well... if those are planets- where's the atmosphere that would catch the light of the sun and diffuse it? Venus again would be a blur, not a solid black disk.

*ponders a second* Why are there 2 in focus black disks, and nothing is out of focus at all? ????

It is the moon.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

I will share the link, it's from a well known YouTuber so I hope it's all good.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yea I personally wouldn't want to do it haha. You could basically play dumb and act like you don't know any better, I'm sure they wouldn't care and would be happy to fine your ass though.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Thanks much. I picked it up if you feel the need to delete it.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Here is a photo taken by a friend on August the 23rd in New Brunswick, CA. I cannot embed so I will leave that to someone else.

ibb.co...

Objects at the 6 and 10 o’clock position; if he saw this in perfect viewing conditions with a mediocre camera, what do you think a telescope pointed at the sun 24/7 might see? (12/7 or 8/7, you know what I’m getting at
)
edit on 11-9-2018 by JimRustle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Just finished speaking to another person who is close to the area and they said people there are less speculative that its ET related. They said that the local population are assuming it's some kind of manhunt for a fugitive or some kind of leak in the holding tank for the mercury..possibly someone even trying to steal the mercury ?

In any case people near the area seem to be keeping a grounded approach to the whole thing, which also means nothing spectacular has happened otherwise to make them feel any different. At least not for this person I'm regards to the local rumours going around.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Fiscal

Got it thanks

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimRustle
Here is a photo taken by a friend on August the 23rd in New Brunswick, CA. I cannot embed so I will leave that to someone else.

ibb.co...

Objects at the 6 and 10 o’clock position; if he saw this in perfect viewing conditions with a mediocre camera, what do you think a telescope pointed at the sun 24/7 might see? (12/7 or 8/7, you know what I’m getting at

That’s some high tech stuff for a stationary ground telescope to be observing the sun 24/7

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Just finished speaking to another person who is close to the area and they said people there are less speculative that its ET related. They said that the local population are assuming it's some kind of manhunt for a fugitive or some kind of leak in the holding tank for the mercury..possibly someone even trying to steal the mercury ?

originally posted by: 898929 a reply to: BigDave-AR Yea I personally wouldn't want to do it haha. You could basically play dumb and act like you don't know any better, I'm sure they wouldn't care and would be happy to fine your ass though.

In any case people near the area seem to be keeping a grounded approach to the whole thing, which also means nothing spectacular has happened otherwise to make them feel any different. At least not for this person I'm regards to the local rumours going around.

Theft of mercury seems very unlikely it’s not like they’d be able to account for every gram of mercury when you're talking a 10ton or so quantity, also why steal mercury? It’s not illegal to obtain (yet) and it’s not like you’d end up on a watchlist for trying to buy it... Don’t buy escaped convict either you’d expect more US Marshall’s and locals than the FBI on scene and no sense in keeping local LEOs in the dark. I’m not saying it’s ET but it’s very strange looking to me with my expierence with mercury and sensitive transportation, and no I can’t ellaborate on the context of said expierences and sensitive nature.

I wouldn’t want to risk a high dollar drone or the possible fines from the feds either.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Would it be possible to get some drone footage in the area? Maybe someone that lives around there could get us some aerial footage of what's going on.

The legality would be questionable in the best of times, doing it with the it crawling with feds is asking for trouble.

Agreed!
I will take my quad up there this weekend and ride on some of the many legal trails in the area but no chance I'm F'n w the FBI by crossing any baricades. For one I don't want to get shot, and two I'd lose my job if my civilian contractor base access got pulled for a felony.
We're on day 6 now, I highly doubt there's anything up there to be seen that would give us any more info, but it's a great reason to get out on the trails

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 321cya

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Agreed!
I will take my quad up there this weekend and ride on some of the many legal trails in the area but no chance I'm F'n w the FBI by crossing any baricades. For one I don't want to get shot, and two I'd lose my job if my civilian contractor base access got pulled for a felony.
We're on day 6 now, I highly doubt there's anything up there to be seen that would give us any more info, but it's a great reason to get out on the trails

I envy you sir I don’t get to ride nearly as much as I’d like, I broke my back in two places in a wreck on my Yamaha Braptor 660 not a fun thing and really hampered my riding.

I was way back inthe woods too had to self check myself before riding 5 miles through the woods back on to my property as slowly as possible.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Not a problem, I certainly wont push you for more info than your comfortable sharing. Everything gathered so far is making the picture a little more clear.
edit on 11-9-2018 by threeeyesopen because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Not a problem, I certainly wont push you for more info than your comfortable sharing. Everything gathered so far is making the picture a little more clear.

About as clear as mud and no worries you’re not missing out on much would just rather keep a good working relationship with the outfit I was doing the hauling for as I still have the option to go back if I get tired of hauling fuel otherwise I wouldn’t care about sharing nearly as much.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Ouch! Gotta be tough if you're going to put yourself out there, glad you are, and glad you saved yourself.

Update from my first post:
I asked my boss to call the director of sunspot, but he's basically laughing my concern off because he saw the guy on the golf course in Alamo Fri morning. Only spoke to him briefly but he seemed fine.
So, if it was someone leaking secrets, it wasn't the head honcho. He was fine and dandy as of Fri morning.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 321cya

That just strikes me as odd. Your facility is shut down, people’s livelihoods are likely affected, the FBI are hanging around, the Post Office is closed, people are goofing with your antennas, it’s cited as a safety / security shutdown. And then we’re golfing and things are peachy. I know people deal with stress / changes differently, but it still just seems off given what all we’ve heard.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fiscal
a reply to: 321cya

That just strikes me as odd. Your facility is shut down, people’s livelihoods are likely affected, the FBI are hanging around, the Post Office is closed, people are goofing with your antennas, it’s cited as a safety / security shutdown. And then we’re golfing and things are peachy. I know people deal with stress / changes differently, but it still just seems off given what all we’ve heard.

Couldn’t go giving up that reserved Tee time!

CYA- Yeah and there was no doubt that I broke it either I felt and heard the two distinctive snaps once I got signal I called my mom who’s an RN and had her call EMS while I made my way back to my property and she was understandably pretty well freaked out. I was so scared to try to move my legs at first, not a fun feeling at all.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join