It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

Wow nice catch you got there on your cam!

I'm back on the case again but I gotta say its becoming harder and harder to get answers, it's been about a week now.

I'm going to recap the info I have and try to make some educated guesses again, especially if I can find some new reliable info. Not holding my breath on that.

Also secure team has now covered it...so more exposure is occurring for sure, by the end of the day we will likely have some kind of response from the FBI based purely on the level of speculation now from many people.

Still no major MSM covering this that I can see but that may change today as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I wonder what we can tease out of the 'official story' for this. I think we've managed to get a general idea of what is it NOT..

What are we left with? At this point- we are left with nothing mundane, and really some really truly sci fi theories. We also seem to be left with very localized reasons as well- as opposed to global ones- like the sun is going to explode or something. . The UV angle also seems to be a valid reason as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well, I may as well put in a guess. The foxsi launch that occurred wasn't to be live streamed. They found out that someone who wasn't supposed to watched it live anyway. Not sure the times quite line up though. Perhaps something to do with the antenna arrays that monitor communication over whitesands...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Argen

I'm leaning your direction. Sunspot originally opened by the military but recently taken over by NMSU. I doubt it was still active but they certainly used to have direct communication w the bases.

For what's it's worth (not much), I'm local. Moved here a few years ago to Tularosa but I work in Alamogordo. My boss was born and raised here, and like most small towns, knows everyone. He knows the current director of sunspot and says he'll reach out to him after work. I'll keep on him, but he's not much on conspiracy so we'll see if he does it. He may do it just out of interest for his friend.
I'm headed a little ways up that ridge to look at a project in a couple hours. I'll keep my eyes peeled!
Thanks to all of you for your research and input! I'm within an hours drive of that place and don't have anymore than you folks have found.
Just found and joined this sight looking for info...
edit on 11-9-2018 by 321cya because: Typo

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

From a mundane angle, what about a closure due to a federal EPA dispute? Potentially covers the FBI involvement, post office as field office, antennas (if run by military), etc. there’s a 711 page EPA report out there covering a host of issues for Sunspot. Though I’m not solid on the post office / antenna angle with this explanation. Or the lack of statement. Just something to look at.

EPA Report from someone digging for me: www.nsf.gov...

From what I understand, the option dates seem to line up fairly significantly as far as the closure.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Heres a little tidbit of info from an updated news article on kvia.

"They spoke with my sergeant initially and they said that they would be down for a few days so that could be anywhere from a few days to months, from my past experience. said Sheriff Benny House."

So the sheriff seems to think this investigation won't be over any time soon.

Also...

A spokesperson for the United States Postal Service told ABC 7 that they were given specific instructions. Rod Sturgeon said, "We were told on September 6th that we would be evacuated along with the surrounding area, we were not told why," Sturgeon said, "We were told just to be out of the area."

Anyone else notice it's now Rod Sturgeon and not Spurgeon like originally stated ? Was that simply a typo in the original story as it was breaking ?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Seems pretty cool that a being needs mercury in it's atmosphere to survive and we come up with a telescope 200' long extending underground. I wonder if it has access to wifi? Would the wifi work in an atmosphere filled with mercury?
Also what do they eat.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

Thank you for your reply.
No I am definitely not pushing anything. And yeah the terror link was previously stated for sure.
Was just really taking information that we do know, like the locations involved, and melding it with unproven information we have "heard", example the links to terror cell, radio towers, etc.
Then trying to make sense of why/how the information could link together.
Since nothing major can be proven at this time unfortunately.

But most importantly, no one should ignore any "theory" just because it sounds like a "cover story", especially because of any current political climate. All information should be discussed and looked into absolutely. As I believe you would agree with.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
double.
edit on 11-9-2018 by 40CalTone because: dbl

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This article has a fair overview of the situation:
National Solar Observatory Mysteriously Closed For Security Reasons

It seems that more and more media is noticing this, and yet - MSM is silent?
MSM has articles about the stupidest things, yet they are avoiding this. I would think this would be hot click-bait for them, if nothing else. Why are they silent?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I've also been noticing people have posted the post office in cloudcroft is also closed, but that's totally unconfirmed as of this moment.

The article from kvia stated that the postal workers were moved to cloudcroft.

As the article states: "The post office near Sunspot also remains closed. Its employees have been temporarily transferred to the post office in Cloudcroft, a USPS official told ABC-7."

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Very strange indeed..someone had also posted I believe on reddit that there was a number of dot vehicles in the area which was very uncommon.

I dont know if that stands for department of transportation ? Or something else I'm not familiar with..if it is the first, then maybe they are preparing to move something.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I wonder if the closure might have something to do with this, uploaded to yt yesterday.

It's showing the sunspot develop on our Sun, but a few seconds in there are 2 disc-shaped shadows that fly past in opposite direction to each other.

Please don't let the name of the youtuber put you off watching it (Nibiru Action - groan) - it's not his own video, I think he shared it from the NASA website.

Interesting, yes?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think your government might be testing something at the AFB nearby, or even moving something into or out of the AFB, and they don't want any chance of witnesses. My understanding is that the USPS location could have been closed because it was within a perimeter.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

That's very interesting although I dont know enough on the subject to speak intelligently about it. Perhaps another member would be happy to shed some light on what it could be which caused that.

Thanks for posting, have you noticed any lack of sun related posts from people you follow ? I dont really follow the subject a whole lot or at least I haven't in some time.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

That's am annual occultation of the sun by the moon from that satellite. Predicted to the minute out for decades. Nothing to fear. Go to spaceweather.com for a more detailed explanation

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 321cya

Thank you for explaining things some more for those of us who dont quite understand (me).

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
I think your government might be testing something at the AFB nearby, or even moving something into or out of the AFB, and they don't want any chance of witnesses. My understanding is that the USPS location could have been closed because it was within a perimeter.

They testing nothing there, it's strictly a Sun Observatory.

What they are doing there is watching something unfold, and they do not want what is transpiring to get out, so they've shut down the area to preserve the situation.

People in that area will have a very high-level security clearance.

When they keep the local county sheriff's, in the dark, it's big.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: BlueAjah

Very strange indeed..someone had also posted I believe on reddit that there was a number of dot vehicles in the area which was very uncommon.

I dont know if that stands for department of transportation ? Or something else I'm not familiar with..if it is the first, then maybe they are preparing to move something.

Yes you've got it right Department Of Transportation.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

What do you think of this.

We are updating the code infrastructure that provides access to SOHO data, images and movies. We expect the work to take several weeks. In the meantime, you can access the SOHO Archive Catalog here and current solar data images here."

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join