It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly makes the rich the "producers" that deserve so much?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

That isn't capitalism at all.

I work for at a biotech startup where a bunch of people pooled THEIR OWN MONEY, brought a dying company with a good product to life, and we are now a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.

"Exploit the labor of " my ass. Everyone in my company gets paid well to do their jobs, including the blue collar workers. Jobs in this country are on a voluntary basis, it would be exploitation if people were slaves. They aren't.
edit on 12 9 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

That's awesome. Cool story, but doesn't address a thing.

Imagine your pay as well as all other workers were cut down to the point you needed food stamps, and the excess went to a few people instead.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Extreme exaggeration.

Something that literally happens is people pay children in China pennies an hour, and profit off that.

Your example is just hyperbole.

I'm saying maybe Jeff Bezos could afford to pay all of his employees well enough that they don't have to be on food stamps, while still being able to ensure his great, great, great, great grandchildren can afford yachts and mansions.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

are you asking why some people are rich?

I think there are two ways, one is they have the inhertence from family or they come up with an innovation or work hard on something.

the reason they deserve it is written in the stars. they stand in a conjunction of places. them being there is like an invisible star itself that can change fates.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: projectvxn

That's awesome. Cool story, but doesn't address a thing.

Imagine your pay as well as all other workers were cut down to the point you needed food stamps, and the excess went to a few people instead.

Except that isnt happening.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: Edumakated

Extreme exaggeration.

Something that literally happens is people pay children in China pennies an hour, and profit off that.

Your example is just hyperbole.

I'm saying maybe Jeff Bezos could afford to pay all of his employees well enough that they don't have to be on food stamps, while still being able to ensure his great, great, great, great grandchildren can afford yachts and mansions.

Nothing I've stated is an extreme exaggeration. Yes, people pay pennies to people in China because labor is the largest cost of a business. China has no where near the same standard of living as the US. Pennies a day in China is like $20/hr in the US based on standards of living. As a consumer, if you want cheap goods, companies have to manufacturer overseas.

See, it isn't just the business owners, but also consumers. Everyone along the supply chain is complicit. You can't cry about this stuff and then run off to Wal-Mart to save 50 cents on socks while ignoring say a local business who has slightly higher prices.

People vote with their wallets.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join