It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly makes the rich the "producers" that deserve so much?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Really, though. If any person can serve millions on their very own, kudos to them, they've done the impossible. I can't imagine bezos packages and delivers that many items a day though...

So... What gives? Why is someone worth thousands of times more than the next person?

They aren't responding to supply and demand... Thousands of workers are.

They aren't creating a product... Thousands of workers are.

They're hardly producing at the point where they become the richest. They're literally nearly worthless when they are worshipped and given the most.

I don't get why we have these overlords in modern societies. They do nothing but suck the life from the general population.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Really, though. If any person can serve millions on their very own, kudos to them, they've done the impossible. I can't imagine bezos packages and delivers that many items a day though...

So... What gives? Why is someone worth thousands of times more than the next person?

They're hardly producing at the point where they become the richest. They're literally nearly worthless when they are worshipped and given the most.

I don't get why we have these overlords in modern societies. They do nothing but suck the life from the general population.

Simple supply & demand is what determines income.

Entrepreneurs risk everything to start their companies and as such are richly rewarded if their business succeeds.

edit on 7-9-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It's their f# business, not yours.

Go start your own business and see how lazy you can get away with being.

Or do you "deserve" to succeed just by simply existing?

No one owes you dick. Get over it.
edit on 9/7/18 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The same thing that separates the men from the boys....

a crowbar

💥

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope
When you find the answer, you will join the club. But since you do not have that answer, your with the rest of us either hating with envy or desperately working towards that answer.

If there was not something unique, they would not be the one at the top of the pyramid. He built the system that makes him rich, with partnerships and help from others. The ability to charge forward and develop those partnerships, to make the sacrifices, to raise the capitol. That is what sets them apart. How do you compare??

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I think that when these billionaires and multi-billion dollar corporations are paying our politicians to pass certain legislation that mainly benefits the ultra-rich (themselves) then I have a right to complain about their obscene wealth and how they are "earning,"/spending it.

It is "pay to win" and only a very small few are actually winning right now.

*cough* permanent tax cuts *cough*
edit on 9/7/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Material wealth is NOT happiness.

I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and miserable.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

I think this has been covered, what, hundreds of times here, yes?

And, if you would be so kind, may I ask how old you are?

Do you believe that the world that you exist in is governed only by outside forces?

You are an impotent observer, yes?

It's not YOUR fault, is it?

Life IS NOT A ZERO-SUM GAME!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

I'm poor and miserable, but I'm learning to be happy with it. That is true wealth

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

i agree ... except alot of people who are really rich didnt really risk anything there parents and grandparents did the .001 real top end who controle most the worlds money are not eutrapuners there parasites

people who got rich speculating on food and helped make it cost more deserve what

the ones who bought up old drug patens and up the price to the point people must ration the meds they need and offten die as a result they deserve what they get

the list goes on and on of rich people who risked nothing gained everything and could care less who it may kill to do so

hats off to the ones who really make socity turn the ones who build new empires and make new products

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

i agree ... except alot of people who are really rich didnt really risk anything there parents and grandparents did the .001 real top end who controle most the worlds money are not eutrapuners there parasites

people who got rich speculating on food and helped make it cost more deserve what

the ones who bought up old drug patens and up the price to the point people must ration the meds they need and offten die as a result they deserve what they get

the list goes on and on of rich people who risked nothing gained everything and could care less who it may kill to do so

hats off to the ones who really make socity turn the ones who build new empires and make new products

While there are certainly some heirs to massive fortunes (i.e. Walton Family), most of the uber rich are entrepreneurs... they started companies that grew to be immensely successful. With that said, why hate on the Walton Family or others who inherit wealth? What family wouldn't want to pass on wealth to their children?

I am busting my hump so that my kids can have opportunities and advantages that I didn't.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The problems with our country are not rocket science. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. We have no free markets. There is no mechanism to wring out the inefficiencies of exorbitant CEO compensation packages.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This sounds like an, 'I hate the rich, cuz I'm not rich', thread.

James 4:2-3
You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your lusts.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Why don't you look around your neighborhood. How many Amazon boxes do you see? How many people on Facebook? The people gave them their money and free content voluntarily and now are afraid of the monster they've created. It's simple really. Stop using their services. Build your own empire and see if you feel the same about your self.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Of lobsters and lobbyists: People love to hate the dominance hierarchy. Clean up your own bloody room!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

You are leaving out two possibilities :

Rich and happy
Poor and miserable.

All things being equal I will take rich and happy over the other 3 any day.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

Perhaps your problem is a bit closer to home.

Is this how you speak, or type, or write, when you fill out a job application?

If so, maybe the problem is NOT the person who is doing the hiring. Would YOU hire someone with such a limited grasp on the simple concept of communication?

I have a 7 year old granddaughter who could probably be of great help to you.

But, perhaps you should just continue to bitch and moan...

edit on 8-9-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The problems with our country are not rocket science. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. We have no free markets. There is no mechanism to wring out the inefficiencies of exorbitant CEO compensation packages.

Yeah, that's it!

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
This sounds like an, 'I hate the rich, cuz I'm not rich', thread.

James 4:2-3
You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your lusts.

Because that's exactly what it is.

Let's bitch and moan when that time could better be spent doing, I don't know, ANYTHING productive, yes?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I'll start at the end of your psot

They do nothing but suck the life from the general population.

They produce a product that there is a market for, the population pays them willingly.

Those workers are responding to orders from their managers. Not to supply & demand.

The owner has put up the capital to provide them with jobs. Should he not be rewarded for spending his capital in a productive way and provide jobs along the way.

do nothing but suck the life from the general population

IF these workers dont do it, the factory will import workers from a place where wages are lower so the factory keeps producing.

I can tell that you have never owned a business that employs people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join