It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TheRedneck needs some love...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Glad to see you're still going. Take care of yourself.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

That's the impression I got.

And there are some things that simply need not be seen, by child, nor man, nor beast, nor God above, One of them is an old shaved redneck.

Besides, where's that imagination?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Glad to see that you are back in the game. Nice write up. Get well soon.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

This sounds like the Redneck I know. Nice to know God decided to keep you in the game!
edit on 14-9-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Glad you're up and about - speedy recovery

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thanks guys... I'm chalking this up to one more thing that wasn't able to kill me.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Imagine "Red neck" bourbon as a whiskey you could buy.
It would be a hit!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

So how are you feeling Hun? I see you have your sense of humor.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well, I got these numb spots all over my chest and left leg, it feels like I'm wearing a seat belt all the time, and there is somehow something disconcerting about looking down and seeing the loops of thread holding my insides inside...

But my energy levels are going up every day. That's a good thing. They literally took me off the blood pressure medicine, at least for the time being.

As for my sense of humor, I think they took it out, turned it around and put it back in backwards... at least the "cut here" lines someone drew on me are fading...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Glad you are healing up.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Thanks UK, so am I.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The numbness in your leg will probably not go away, but will diminish over time (years). The same as with your chest.

But you’ll have some gnarly scars to brag about!

Don’t be surprised by the “itching” that will come as the nerves start to mend, we all had that.

And if you think your energy level is better now, just wait, in six months or so you’ll be feeling like a kid again.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

The surgeon said the leg numbness might or might not be permanent... I am assuming that's based on how fast I pay my bill? He said the chest likely wouldn't stay numb for very long.

Believe it or not, it looks like the chest scar is not going to leave very much. There are already small areas that look fully healed across it. There is a slight 'bump' between one side and the other, which I am assuming is permanent... a little bodybuilding should cover that though.

The itching is just starting, mainly around the drainage tube holes. My first follow-up is Wednesday, so maybe he will take the stitches out then. The thundering heartbeat is in full force, but that is also supposed to be temporary.

Everyone keeps telling me the other side of healing is massive amounts of energy... damn, I hope so! With the knowledge I have gained over a half century and the energy I had when I was 20... heck, the energy I had when I was 30... crap could start getting real real real fast! Imagine, if you will, transplanting the brain of an old grizzled redneck into the body of a young-'un...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Had my surgery about 5 years ago.

Just put 6 decades on the the clock, but I don’t feel any older than half that, now.

I’ve been able to drop some weight (getting scary close to what I weighed in high school!) and started working out a bit.

At this rate I’ll be a sexy centenarian hot to trot!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I don't get too emotional on these boards, or at least I try.

This week has been difficult for me because your case sort of mirrors my fathers.

Tuesday he had open heart surgery for a mitral valve repair.

The following day he had to go on a vent and his kidneys shut down.

It was touch-and-go for a while but he's showing improvement and his kidneys are working again. I and the docs are more optimistic now. My dad is a strong man and he'll pull through.

I sincerely hope you are doing better and I know that it takes time. But you appear to be a strong man also.

Stay well,

DB

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

That means we went through very similar time schedules... mid-50s here, but the last few years I might as well been 90. The brain still works like I was 20, but getting the body to cooperate was... well... painful. It wasn't that I got tired; I got exhausted after walking just a short distance. It would take literally hours to recover!

A week out of surgery and I can't quite go the short distance I could before, but I can get close and I rest up in minutes instead of hours. A lot of that, I know, is simply being out of shape so badly, so I can be patient long enough for me to build back up.

In my 30s, I could start walking and never stop. I could lay block, roof in heat that would melt the average guy, and work 24/7 for three to four days. In my 40s, I still shouldered one end of a 1000 lb box beam and climbed a ladder with it to get it back into place before it finished falling. I want that back. I want to be able to grab a chainsaw and clear a couple acres before noon again.

I have lost some lung capacity, but it seems to be coming back as well.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wow, DB, all the best to your father! I hope he recovers well.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Wow, DB, all the best to your father! I hope he recovers well.

TheRedneck

Thank you.

Just take care of your own self.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Well, you're a little late. I already said a prayer for him.

You're getting slow in your old age.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

/me puts hand in the air...

In a previous post you said you were shaved from head to toe. Was that a joke or for real? What I'm really trying to say, vaguely, politely and not so directly is...

Did they really have to shave your genitals? If so, why? The long beard I can understand as blood likes to stick to hair but...well, I think I've asked enough inquisitive questions.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join