It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now eye contact may be considered discrimination or racism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
And when the courts are flooded with ridiculous suits , and cases because the west has gone off into the crazy end of the pool, the judicial system is going to have to finally step in and say "ok enoughs enough, we dont have the resources to deal with this retarditry"

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Be careful. Your article isn't calling for this kind of discrimination to be clamped down on. It is giving guidance to workers and HR departments to use good judgement and keep an open dialog about what is an isn't considered discrimination and the difficulties involved with identifying it. For instance, the article talks about how some people don't like making eye contact with other people out of nerve.

Take the eye contact example: some people are uncomfortable making eye contact with anyone, not just with a certain person or group of people.

So I feel like this article is really just saying, "hey this kind of discrimination can exist, be aware of it and maybe discuss things with your HR department if you feel you've been a victim of it."
edit on 5-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just curious if anyone knows when the apocalypse is coming. It's almost past time the weak and useless were weeded out for the betterment of all.

The way things are going I can just imagine if there was an alien invasion, instead of people fighting back they would be protesting that the hostile takeover is too aggressive.

The article even mentions being TOO helpful. Seriously?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Racism is like hot sauce, you can put that Shizzle on anything. The more liberal you are, the more you douse with it.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Talk about a prison culture. LoL

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

I'm so glad someone else saw that. Yes, asking someone at work if they need help might be discrimination.
I imagine if you don't offer enough help that could be construed as discrimination too.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I don't know about whether its discrimination... but staring at someone is extremely bad manners, which makes me wild when somebody blatantly does it!

Ironically, I literally had this Indian dude at work, doing it to me all day today... His a good bloke mostly, just arrogant as they come... To be honest though, I can be a little full on at times (some might even say unhinged), so I think it might be he's way of showing his not intimated by me... which is totally fine, but it doesn't make it any less annoying!

After like the 3rd time I noticed him doing it, I actually pulled him up on it... I just asked, "Whats the issue here mate!?!"... he just said "what?" Then nervelessly stuttered some nonsense (don't think he really knew what to say)... So I just said "look, just stop gawking at me, its extremely f# rude!"

Tried to go out of my way to be nice and civil with him after that... but I feel I was justified putting him in his place.

So yeah... I don't think its discriminatory to stare at people... But it can be rude, arrogant, anti social and just extremely fricken annoying in general.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So everyone, grab an ice cream spoon.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Hmm, i know this one guy who has very poor social skills, and he has this weird stare thing.. He means no harm.. Just stares at people lots, making them feel uneasy..

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Looking someone straight in the eye during a conversation. Is one of the best ways to judge someone's character. Add another thing to the list of what the left wants that I'm going to ignore .

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
Just curious if anyone knows when the apocalypse is coming. It's almost past time the weak and useless were weeded out for the betterment of all.

Um... Never. Well at least not the religious one that is talked about often around here. And who is to say you aren't one of those weak and useless people who would be weeded out if one did happen?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm a white guy. What happens if I look at another white guy? I'll try it later and let you know what happens.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I think there was some cultural things at play in your scenario.
You know what, you were able to handle it. You didn't feel comfortable with his googly eyes and you said something. Maybe his intentions were bad, maybe they were neutral but now he'll probably think twice before doing it to you. Seriously, how hard is that. There have been times I've said "what!" to people. I think this is more about communication issues than anything.

I have to laugh because I'm a daydreamer and maybe sometimes i'm thinking about conspiracy theories but in reality i'm staring right at someone.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Isn't it obvious, you are sexually harassing him with your lusty thoughts and piercing eyes, HR time!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The article is sad but true. This is some of the training I have received. You may as well poke your eyes out with an ice pick now. I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So I read the article....

The article is about HR management and work place culture and diversity... it's not about bringing discrimination lawsuits against people who look at you funny.

HR management and cultural diversity in the work place are becoming a big thing of late and issues addressed in the artical come part and parcel. It is not outrageous to find HR management discussing and debating over the issues.

Workplace cultural diversity does encompass and deal with overt discrimination that often leads to lawsuits; but it is much more than just that. It also deals with bringing diverse experiences into the work place which studies have shown has a positive effect on the bottom line. Part of developing a diverse work force is helping to make everyone feel comfortable amongst the diversity. And when you strive to do that you have to deal with the issues discussed in this artical; there is no way around it.

I've personall experience these issues myself. I am disabled which does impact my ability to preform in some work place tasks. I am not shy about informing people of my issues and for the most party people are happy to accommodate... however there are times when peoples behavior toward my disability does make me uncomfortable. For example my current boss makes a big deal over accommodating my disability and does not allow an opportunity to go by to remind me of it. Hes a good guy, and does accommodate my disability so he is not at all being overtly discriminatory. But his actions do make me feel uncomfortable. He should not be labeled a bigot for his actions... but at the same time I should not be made to feel uncomfortable in my work place. It is an issue the work place does have to address and it will be the HR managers who will have to address it.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Identity politics only exacerbates so-called racism. The truth is most people are not inherently racist. They are manipulated by political groups for control purposes. The message we need to be pushing is that race is a myth. Because it is. Everyone is getting bogged down by something that is a fallacy. And why? So a select few can personally advance their careers. Epitome of stupidity to keep falling for this garbage.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

You missed the key word: YET

"So I read the article....

The article is about HR management and work place culture and diversity... it's not about bringing discrimination lawsuits against people who look at you funny. "

Don't believe me:
Woman sued workplace over coworker wearing perfume and WON
"Employee wins $100K over allergy to co-worker’s perfume"
www.safetynewsalert.com...

www.foxnews.com...
basically i'm saying if someone will sue over perfume, they will sue over weird googly eyes that prevent them for doing their work properly or something like that....
edit on 5-9-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: DanDanDat

You missed the key word: YET

"So I read the article....

The article is about HR management and work place culture and diversity... it's not about bringing discrimination lawsuits against people who look at you funny. "

Don't believe me:
Woman sued workplace over coworker wearing perfume and WON
"Employee wins $100K over allergy to co-worker’s perfume"
www.safetynewsalert.com...

www.foxnews.com...
basically i'm saying if someone will sue over perfume, they will sue over weird googly eyes that prevent them for doing their work properly or something like that....

Sure ... people will sue over anything ... that fact does not invalidate the need for the greater work environment to embrace diversity and HR management from dealing with these issues. In fact proper HR management in these matters will lower the possibility of frivolous lawsuits from taking place or moving past initial motions.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What if I only look at the whites of a black guys eyes?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join