It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now eye contact may be considered discrimination or racism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If the run, they're VC... if they don't run, they're well disciplined VC.

If they stare, they're racists... if they don't stare, they're hiding the fact that they're racists.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

SC's can be Identified by their Love of Democratic Freedoms . They Always Choose Wisely...............

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

What Did He Say for1000 Alex !

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I was raised to make eye contact with anyone I come close to, whether in passing or someone I'm speaking to. It is a sign of respect: you are saying "I acknowledge your presence in the space we are sharing." It is neither racist nor disrespectful!

I was raised the same. It a person elected to put an edge on the eye contact, that was easily discernable from that which was merely an aknowlegement that you and me share the same condition, and have no problem with each other.

In some places I have lived, not making eye contact might have gotten a person injured or worse. It was not done as a challenge, but an affirmation.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Here in the big ghetto, it’s called a stare down..it can get you violently attacked. Interesting to note, in the wild many animals attack when stared at. Maybe the human race isn’t so evolved after all!
No, you're thinking about eye contact after one cuts their eyes at someone. Entirely different context. Entirely different vibe.

Regular ol' eye contact typically won't get you hurt in the hood. Though it may get you hurt on college campuses these days.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Why do some still think this is the right left game? Back when I found ATS it wasn't like this. All ya'll do is take sides. OBAMA!!! TRUMP!!! Same team my fellow humans. NOTHING has changed, business as usual. THINK!!! where have the realists gone? Down with he FED. Oh and this is a racial division tactic. learn....

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I don’t look people in the eye anymore. I work in one of the most culturally diverse jobs in one of the most culturally diverse places in the country(there is verifiable proof on that) and noticed a long time ago that only certain people would say “Hi!” or acknowledge my presence. The rest, don’t bother. They have a hair trigger and I just don’t even acknowledge they even exist.
edit on 6-9-2018 by valve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery, and Ignorance Is Strength!!

How to catch a wild Pig Scenario !

Enjoy !

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
next the Dream Police!
the Thought Police,

Ohh NO!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The eyes are the windows to the soul.
They want the soul isolated and shut off.
The game of chess continues.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

This guy shows you how to pin down your wandering eye!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
So if i cant look in their eyes, its okay to look at their boobs right?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
brilliant

I love you all with my eyes !

Since the reason we look at people is completely subjective,
isnt any legal defense, Your Honour I was looking at them because I fell in love !
since every law seems to be about subjective conscious states , then they cant argue that your look was one of compassion and love

edit on 7-9-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think its great that we are at a point in human history where we can use subjective conscious states to start a legal case!

This all boils down to , looking at negative behaviours in society , then instead of looking at the root of the issue " the human ego" we look at the victim mentality

"that person stared at me too long" , " there gaze made me feel disgusting inside " , " i was made to feel this small your honour , by their gaze alone "

See if we have come here, then we should be looking at the human ego , because its the human ego which has caused us to question this .

If you dont listen to your ego demand , when it says " that person is looking at you, they are looking at you because you are ugly" ego confirming what you already think about yourself

"that person is looking at your new hair cut and they dont like it " , because you already dont like your new hairstyle

load of #in #

Same with the hate speech laws in the UK< completely subjective states of consciousness are being used as a legal defense
I was shocked by their words, and I was offended and its hate speech !

offense is ego

is subjective to the individual

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Interesting read. And your response, as a minority woman is interesting as well!

As a white male, I can inform you, if you want to know that there are several subtle glances racists (racist by default since I'm a white male) such as myself use with minorities, particularly blacks.

One is the "I see you" glance, directed at minority youth who appear to be seeking victims. I used to work in a Metro area and ran bail bonds papers between offices and the County Bail Office, which was in a pretty seedy part of town, and.............often at night. That type "I see you" glance works very well........crooks don't want to be seen.

Another is the "I refuse to acknowledge you" "glance away", no eye contact with a turn away. That glance is typically reserved for those occasions when we crackers are found in the presence of an angry black woman, scowling at everyone and conveying the message that she hates crackers, "don't get in my way"; etc. There was a lot more of that when Obama was in office.

Finally, there's the "don't f with me" stare" coupled with a frown and shoulders back, hand on concealed carry handgun; this happens typically at places like Walmart, Sams, etc. and is usually directed at black males. It goes down in a rather peculiar way. Whitey walking down double aisle seperated by displays in the middle; sees black male walking toward his whitey self, staring at him; whitey crosses the median to the other aisle and continues in the same direction; black male, now staring with intent crosses over to confront, full in the knowledge that whitey has crossed over to avoid close contact. At that point, whitey crosses again to the opposite aisle and stops, stares and assumes the stance. The black male typically continues on in his aisle; confrontation averted.

That's probably more information then you ever wanted. A general rule we use in Cities, is "never make eye contact". When we moved to a remote rural area, I was amazed at how people intentionally make eye contact, thinking to myself, "buddy in the city you'd last about 3 minutes".

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is one of the stupidest things I've heard yet. Just because I look at someone, I could be called a racist. What's next, being born into your own race makes a person a racist?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Can we just skip to the end where not being racist is racist?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire
This is one of the stupidest things I've heard yet. Just because I look at someone, I could be called a racist. What's next, being born into your own race makes a person a racist?

Next? They've long since passed that point. That's essentially what they're doing with all this crap. There's no actual evidence that you're a racist, but they just assume you are one because you're white. So they have to make # up that "proves" you're racist, like how much eye contact you make or that you respect the American flag or that you served in the military.

Any of these must mean you're racist, because you absolutely must be a racist, because you're white.

The long and short of it is the people who think this way are actually racists. And scum.
edit on 7 9 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The secret is peripheral vision

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So true, and we all know that being a racist (or merely being accused of it) is all the justification the left needs for violent acts of domestic terrorism, apologizing/supporting/distracting from said violent acts of terrorism, infringing on the rights of conservative/right wing voters, attacking every aspect of our culture/heritage and generally things that would otherwise not be acceptable

Too many fools out there actually buy this nonsense. If you have to resort to "racism" accusations then clearly you don't have a good enough counter-argument or rebuttal

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join