It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane at JFK airport quarantined after 100 people reportedly fall ill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Yea what is that covering their mouth?

It is a particle mask and if you have any small amount of healthcare experience then you are understanding what i am saying.

A particle mask would cut down on the transfer of infected particles.

They would only have to be provided to people exhibiting symptoms and not the whole plane.

The cost would be minimal and the man power would be minimal.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

oh I know. Wrecks my skin for a week. Dry, irritated, breaking out. I try to hydrate before flying.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Can you elaborate on what that is ?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: SonOfThor

this does sound fishy. Cough is not normally a symptom of food poisoning and respiratory illness does not strike that quickly unless its an airborne irritant and then I dont know if that would cause fever.

All i am going by is a lady on the plane was interviewed and she said the guy next to her was coughing so she asked the stewardess for a mask and she stated they had none.

What i gather is that they are happy to let a sicko on the plane but not happy to provide any type of protection for everyone else around the sicko.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Also i am fairly certain i seen you in a few x files episodes.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

There's an outbreak in Mecca, where the aircraft stopped. They may have already been infected and didn't get symptomatic until they were flying.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The cabin pressurization and air conditioning system is fed by the engines on almost every type of commercial aircraft. They use air that's bypassing the core of the engine, also known as bleed air. Occasionally the system develops a leak, and small amounts of exhaust, or oil get into the system. Bleed air includes chemicals that build up in your system and can eventually kill you. It's very difficult to clear out of your blood, and can affect some people very quickly, while others can be exposed on multiple flights and never show a symptom.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join