It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane at JFK airport quarantined after 100 people reportedly fall ill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Passengers have been quarantined on board an Emirates airplane at JFK airport in New York, after 100 reportedly fell seriously ill during a flight from Dubai.

This could be a very serious incident. A plane flying in from Dubai has been quarantined at New York's JFK Airport after 100 of the passengers became very ill. Hopefully this wasn't an attempted terror attack.
edit on 9/5/2018 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Passengers have been quarantined on board an Emirates airplane at JFK airport in New York, after 100 reportedly fell seriously ill during a flight from Dubai.

This could be a very serious incident. A plane flying in from Dubai has been quarantined at New York's JFK Airport after 100 of the passengers became very ill. Hopefully this wasn't an attempted terror attack.

The worrying thing is that they may have been in contact with other passengers from Dubai airport, and those passengers will have taken flights elsewhere.

It's happened before:

www.thenational.ae...

en.wikipedia.org...–Congo_hemorrhagic_fever
edit on 5-9-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Became ill how? What are the symptoms?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
According to the article, fevers over 100F and coughing. Possible food problem, but not sure.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: trollz

Became ill how? What are the symptoms?

That was my first question as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

The article says about 100 passengers have 100+ fever, causes are unknown but ground reports say it may be food related.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: efabian

The article says about 100 passengers have 100+ fever, causes are unknown but ground reports say it may be food related.

They went around with thermometers and took the temps of over 100 people?

Thank you for the info (which the OP didn't bother to include).

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: efabian

Did they have the steak or the fish??

edit on 5-9-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I have got to say this is one of those things that does sound like it could be a terrorist arrack. Apparently the FBI counterterrorism unit at New York are monitoring it.

I hope am wrong but for 100 passengers to all be sick, sounds like more than a few of them catching a flu or tummy bug.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The Strain.
Too late, it's out.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Quite the perfect response, haha

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
According to Emirates its 10 passengers. The flight stopped in Mecca which is having a flu outbreak.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

And me watching "Jack Ryan." Coincidence?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Still early but if that many people do have fever and cough it seems off... i.e. if it was fumes or something would they have fever? If it was good poisoning wouldn't they have other symptoms and would cough be one of them?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
According to Emirates its 10 passengers. The flight stopped in Mecca which is having a flu outbreak.

www.independent.co.uk...[/quo te]

Pretty fast for so many on the flight to show symptoms, no?
edit on 5-9-2018 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

You'll see those symptoms from a bleed air leak. It also affects people at different rates.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sounds way more practical...

Ugh flying with a fever would be awful - pressurized cabins dry me out like a raisin as it is (and I'm sure the wild turkey and diet cokes) usually don't help
edit on th20189-0500fCDT092018Wed, 05 Sep 2018 09:49:34 -0500 by SonOfThor because: spelling

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

It depends on if they boarded there or not. If it was just a tech stop and no one boarded, I'd say it was a bleed air leak and people reacting to that. If they boarded passengers in Mecca, they might have already been sick.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
Honestly you realize thats precisely how it will end with the next pandemic and all because the greedy political class doesnt have the sense or the will to quaranteen arrivals from primitive countries. [SNIP]

Really sad. This is how civilization collapses.

edit on 9.5.2018 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Perhaps they had the fish?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join