It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane at JFK airport quarantined after 100 people reportedly fall ill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I was following this live feed from a helo. When people started to disembark the feed was cut. Apparently this happened to all the live feeds? Port authority’s scanner feed just went offline also. Very weird timing if not on purpose.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: iwontrun

They took three people to the hospital, and allowed the rest to disembark. Story ended at that point as far as the media is concerned.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: efabian
a reply to: KansasGirl

The article says about 100 passengers have 100+ fever, causes are unknown but ground reports say it may be food related.

They went around with thermometers and took the temps of over 100 people?

Thank you for the info (which the OP didn't bother to include).

they would likely have used handheld heat scanners to scan everyone. just like they use in some Asian airports on every deplaning passenger. and i am serious. you get off the airplane and there is a group of people wearing surgical type masks, standing in a cluster, scanning everyone as they walk by. you have a fever, and you get pulled aside and medically checked out. it is a bit disconcerting the first time you run into it. you almost think there is a pandemic going on. but nope, it's just everyday precautionary measures to keep their citizens as safe as they can.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Sounds like the start to a zombie movie

Plane load of people with mysterious symptoms.

Do the sick passengers want to eat your brains?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: generik
I agree, that is down to the outbreak in the early 2000s which started in a Hong Kong hotel. A Chinese doctor at a medical convention was infected with SARS. Gave it to a load of people and it went world wide, killed quite a few.
This is no joking matter, look on the tube for SARS outbreak and if you live anywhere near this incident be very, very careful. This is no joke.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: efabian
a reply to: KansasGirl

The article says about 100 passengers have 100+ fever, causes are unknown but ground reports say it may be food related.

They went around with thermometers and took the temps of over 100 people?

Thank you for the info (which the OP didn't bother to include).

they would likely have used handheld heat scanners to scan everyone. just like they use in some Asian airports on every deplaning passenger. and i am serious. you get off the airplane and there is a group of people wearing surgical type masks, standing in a cluster, scanning everyone as they walk by. you have a fever, and you get pulled aside and medically checked out. it is a bit disconcerting the first time you run into it. you almost think there is a pandemic going on. but nope, it's just everyday precautionary measures to keep their citizens as safe as they can.

Yikes. That would be a nightmare for me since I run hot.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
According to Emirates its 10 passengers. The flight stopped in Mecca which is having a flu outbreak.

www.independent.co.uk...

A Flu outbreak in Mecca for the Haijj? That sounds like a bad place for that, so many people from all over the globe.
edit on 5-9-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Gonna make for an interesting flu season.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah its shaping up to be really bad and they are pushing us to get vaccinated earlier than usual. We have already started seeing cases.

Also not that Vanilla Ice is on the plane. Maybe it was that poisonous mushroom he refers to

um rush the speaker that booms
I'm killin' your brain like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly, when I play a dope melody
Anything less that the best is a felony
Love it or leave it
You better gain way
You better hit bull's eye
The kid don't play
If there was a problem
Yo, I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Or, perhaps he just "played a dope melody"......?

Also saw a report about a plane in France that was held, arriving from Algeria, where there's a Cholera outbreak. Though I only saw a couple of sources about it.

www.rt.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

A Flu outbreak in Mecca for the Haijj? That sounds like a bad place for that, so many people from all over the globe.

Well, that's going to make for some interesting television.... (when I lived in the Middle East, there was a channel that showed this site live, 24/7)...so just imagining a throng of pilgrims all doing a chain reaction puking.....on TV.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Coming from Dubai the top demons all live there or own vacation homes there

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well, Ricin has been in the news recently.

Symptoms of ricin inhalation are different from those caused by ingestion. Early symptoms include a cough and fever

It's easy to manufacture. And the closed ventilation system on an aircraft makes for an ideal dispersal environment.

-dex

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It is kinda bad that the big ole jet airliner did not have any surgical mask on board.

That would have helped alot and one passenger asked.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

No aircraft do.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No aircraft do.

That is a bold statement....

I think you mean no aircraft are required too.

It could be a good idea for aircraft with lot's of people in them to have access to a mask.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

No, I meant exactly what I said. They MAY carry a couple in an emergency kit, but most emergency kits are little better than first aid kits. Even if they carry large numbers of people they don't carry masks. People actually don't get sick on planes often enough for them to spend the money on large numbers of masks. Usually people board the aircraft already sick and wearing a mask.
edit on 9/6/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So you claimed that "no aircraft do" then you claim some aircraft do.

It is not against the law to be hard headed.

It would not cost very much to carry a couple boxes on board some airliners.

It is not like they would be used every flight. So the cost would be minimal.

However i can see how it could concern some passengers to see someone wearing them but if you are on a long distance flight and the person next to you starts sneezing everywhere a complimentary mask would be a good idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join