It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Kaepernick is Al Bundy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ouch!!! Nike stock is down and Todd Starnes says Colin should stick to selling knee pads.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I made the meme so I probably agree.
I'm incredulous that someone that wealthy and privileged can find reason to protest his country.
I doubt he'd be a millionaire in any other.

He wasn't protesting the country. He was protesting young black unarmed males being killed in the street by law enforcement.

Keep up ATA.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

I made the meme so I probably agree.
I'm incredulous that someone that wealthy and privileged can find reason to protest his country.
I doubt he'd be a millionaire in any other.

He wasn't protesting the country. He was protesting young black unarmed males being killed in the street by law enforcement.

Keep up ATA.

What does the national anthem have to do with that?

Was he also making a reasonable protest by wearing socks depicting police officers as pigs?

And most importantly he is wrong about what he is protesting; unarmed blacks are not more likely to be shot by police

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Maybe, just maybe, he should have stood like a man to protest the grossly disproportionate number of blacks murdered by other blacks... a number which dwarfs the total number of blacks killed by the police (7,881 to 233 in 2016, the year Kap started his attention whoring demonstrations) and utterly destroys the actual number of those black males shot by police while unarmed (16... I'll say that again, 16 were unarmed in 2016.)
nypost.com...

This is a red herring protest intended initially to deflect on-field attention away from a QB who d-coordinators had long cracked the code on, morphed into an excuse for individualistic grandstanding by a group of millionares who are as far removed from the plight of the inner cities as the "elite" whites so many of them publicly ridicule while privately rubbing elbows with.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

And I love the media and peoples claim this is not about protesting the flag or the country, just bad cops.

Lets see what Kap's original comment was on why he did this.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

www.nfl.com...

But the media have to constantly cover this up because they realize hating the country is bad for most people, so they try to lie and make excuses that this is not what he said.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You are all losing track of what this thread is about.

The greatest of the one and only Al Bundy..

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
You are all losing track of what this thread is about.

The greatest of the one and only Al Bundy..

We come here not to praise Bundy, but to bury Kaepernick. Et tu, Bunde?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Fair enough, the show must go on..

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This doesn't seem to be going well for Nike.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Those women aren't American black males, so they have no concept of oppression. It's not like they have a massive number of social programs, scholarships and grants to help them go to college or learn a trade, a robust welfare system, the luxury to protest the very people tasked with maintaining law, order, and safety, or the potential to turn natural physical talents into million dollar paydays by playing children's games in organized professional leagues... therefore, they don't understand Kaepernick's struggle.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

They're Asians. That's the minority it's OK to discriminate against, so no one will care. See - Harvard.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Your meme, which is sooo overly dramatic,(dare I say 'feels"?) would be pertinent if they were protesting against the military, but they are not, so it makes your little picture rather foolish, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Those women aren't American black males, so they have no concept of oppression. It's not like they have a massive number of social programs, scholarships and grants to help them go to college or learn a trade, a robust welfare system, the luxury to protest the very people tasked with maintaining law, order, and safety, or the potential to turn natural physical talents into million dollar paydays by playing children's games in organized professional leagues... therefore, they don't understand Kaepernick's struggle.

Well, you either know what they are protesting about, or you don't get it.
enough said.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what they're protesting. The manner of the protest sends that message.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Well, you either know what they are protesting about, or you don't get it.
enough said.

Yes, it’s right above in Gramblers post. They hate the flag and what it represents, in Kaps own words. But go on pretending he didn’t say that. And go on pretending the police kill more people of color than other people of color do...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

There is a third option... I know what they're protesting and think it's bullsnip.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
How dare you insult Al Bundy!

Al Bundy 2020!

# da rest

Vote for the bestest.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Thank Ghod

Angel came in and educated all you buffoons.

You go gurl.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Members can disagree without being disagreeable.
Let's be above that.
Eh?
edit on 5-9-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join