It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Teens in Colombia Kill Themselves After Playing Horrifying Momo ‘Game’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Don't do it till you are ready mate as they are bloody expensive, never mind messy and rather inconvenient. LoL

On a side note I would not change my kids, nor the changes they bring about in life for the world.

But I was 32 before our first so kind of a good run I suppose.

edit on 3-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Namdru
a reply to: Ohanka

Yep. I'd definitely do what this thing told me...

We are all looking for spiritual guidance. Unfortunately some of us are more suggestible than others.

The demonic female in Indo-Tibetan culture is known as Mamos. One should not mess with them -- but try to placate.

However effective it may be, offing yourself is definitely not the recommended method of placation.

The image certainly gives me a bad feeling, there could be other forces involved that push the kids to the edge.
Like all things evil it seems they use a step method, starting people on little baby steps and send them to the big stuff like the boiling frog.

I ain’t gonna lie.. I spent my teenage years watching faces of death and traces of death in order to desensitize myself. I don’t know why. I have yet to watch a horror film that scares me. And that Momo image made every hair on my body stand up. There is something to that image.
Now I’ll be staring at it until it doesn’t creep me out... this could take awhile
edit on 3-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Ahh hehe I'm way beyond having kids at this point. But I can imagine they are expensive. Luckily for my parents I was an only child lol

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Ahh then you must know ogrishforums. I had nightmares for months desensatising myself with that.

Will never need to witness these things again. The mundane is far more scary than anything.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I'll once again post the unpopular opinion and back it with further inconsistencies. The reason why our youth are killing themselves is because of a weak example of adulthood. The example that I've provided my niece and nephews is confrontational at the least... i don't do what you say, you'll pay me a visit? Go for it! you'll be paying my uncle a visit who will eat your soul and burn your family alive should you threaten them...

Grow the # up....

My nieces and nephews know.... No excuse for yours to be the same targets. If your relatives come to you? Stand the # up. Be their rock, their safety, their anchor. Do not let the liberal policy of pascism, weakness, bitchism... be the norm.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Never heard of ogrishforums but I’ve been to the website rotten more than a few times
I’ve done some research on this momo thing now. The image is taken from a sculpture that is part “human” part chicken
People call or text a number and most of the time nothing happens, but if the number answers or text you back it somehow knows your secrets (hackers, almost certainly). My guess is impressionable or weaker minds grow to trust this person on the other end of the phone and end up killing themselves based on that trust. Really sick and sad stuff.
edit on 4-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Will never need to witness these things again. The mundane is far more scary than anything.

Exactly. It’s not the dead you need to fear. It’s the living.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
What's wrong with this picture.....

1. Person #1 tells person #2 to stick a fork in their own eye.

2. Person #2 sticks a fork in their own eye

3. The world blames person #1 because person #2 was too stupid to save their own eyeball

?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
And here's what gets me. The one "kid" was 16. That's old enough to drive where I live. So we live in a world that is willing to put this kid behind the wheel of a 2,000 pound killing machine but doesn't trust him to have self-preservation as his #1 priority.

That scares the hell out of me, TBH.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

From what I’ve learned, these kids had begun to trust this person because he knew things about them a person could never know except a hacker or mentalist or a spirit. They trusted him like Abraham trusted God with Isaac. Maybe they thought it was a test, that they wouldn’t really die. They were kids whose cognitive abilities were not fully formed. Not trying to justify their stupidity only trying to explain it

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

From what I’ve learned, these kids had begun to trust this person because he knew things about them a person could never know except a hacker or mentalist or a spirit. They trusted him like Abraham trusted God with Isaac.

Since I am an atheist, that comparison doesn't work for me.

Maybe they thought it was a test, that they wouldn’t really die. They were kids whose cognitive abilities were not fully formed. Not trying to justify their stupidity only trying to explain it

At any rate, I see a very bleak future for humanity if we don't expect our fellow humans to be any smarter than this.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

Your response is cold and evil.

These are CHILDREN who don't have the mental development to handle such a game.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Perhaps you aren't aware of the high numbers of children (under 13 years) committing suicide these days.
More than 1,300 dead since 1999
From 1999 through 2015, 1,309 children ages 5 to 12 took their own lives in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

He has night terrors (as I have had in the past) and so this makes complete sense to me. These images can be a trigger. (just sharing).

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The people that commit suicide are so far in despair that all rational thinking has left them. Until one has battled depression then you cannot knowingly comment on it. There is no thought of anything other than to escape the torment, it supersedes all and everything that you hold dear because you are dead to the world already.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Cool story bro. I don’t care what your religion or lack of religion is. I am agnostic myself. But since Abraham is the father of all three major religions, it is well documented that he existed. My point is it doesn’t matter what age they are 12, 16, or full grown with children, everyone has their delusions

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
They were kids whose cognitive abilities were not fully formed.

+1
this is what predators do. prey on the weak.

parenting has always been a challenge, but there's stuff today no one has ever had to deal with

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

I suffer from PTSD and depression so i can indeed knowingly comment.

And i stand by my words. Suicide is selfish nevermind nonsensical at best.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
When I was a kid artists like Ozzy and Black Sabbath told me to kill myself. I thought it was pretty cool... and I'm still here to talk about it. Really? jeez...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wtf..... Momo.... Ooooh so scary..... A ghhhhkkkk sssckkk...

The first video posted above was cringe worthy at best his acting made me feel Oscar worthy in my efforts as a youth (I sucked tbh).

If I told you to jump off a bridge would you do it? No? So why the F would any one kill themselves on some one else's order?

These kids most likely had some other issues that we are unaware of that brought them to this end game.

Momo if you are reading this bring it the heck on....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join