It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Teens in Colombia Kill Themselves After Playing Horrifying Momo ‘Game’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So I decided that I would "float" around youtube and see what I could find.

First of all: There is a whole world of "YouTube personalities" that make a living making crazy videos. I think this is where the hype is coming from. But we have MUCH bigger problems if this is what the younger generation is watching and doing...and I that old?
(language)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Is that not a full-grown Man??? LoL oh my God

He should come live where i used to hail from, plenty of real people that would hurt him. LoL

Obvious cry for attention, oh my God.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

Wow, you're very charming..in an unfeeling drone kinda way.
So tell us what you know about these 2 kids?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

My point is you know not a thing about these kids lives including any "legit issues" and you have pronounced them simply morons!

And you know not a thing about these kids lives either and you're saying they have issues like depression and child abuse?

Until I'm presented with information saying they had "legit issues" I can only assume they were morons

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

kids, this was kids.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

What, kids cant be stupid?

I feel sorry for them, but they did it to themselves.

Should compassion extend to entertaining stupidity, children or otherwise?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

If being stupid is the only reason for someone to commit suicide..there would be none of us left.
There was something else going on in these kids lives.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Thank you for noticing my charm.
I likely know as much about these kids as everyone else in this thread. Which is about precisely FA.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Maybe the stupid video was simply aimed towards the correct audience?

Something else is generally always going on, especially where adolescent children's lives are concerned.

It's a tragic event, but i have to say, i hope i have educated my own children rather better.

Take the silly Killer Clowns debacle for instance, that's a similar fabrication, that most preteens come away with every time school seems to begin again.

You sit them down and tell them straight, look there are no killer clowns, monsters, or vampires coming to get you, your pal did not see them behind the ice cream van. they don't exist, just the Tories and Brexit to worry about. LoL

And after a while, it tends to sink in, else your not bloody doing it right.
edit on 3-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

Then maybe withold your judgement if you know sweet f all..make sense?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Strange times we live in, teach your children well

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think the scariest thing to me, was that my niece had one of these untraceable messaging apps on her phone. My sister had no idea what it was, hopefully she will be paying more attention now.

We are hearing about MOMO. Not Steve that talks your daughter into meeting him at the movies...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I made an assumption and posted my opinion based on the information at hand, just like everyone else in this thread.
Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean I can't post it... make sense?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Checked my 11 year olds phone back a few months ago.

She was in a roleplay room or the like in a game called Roblox, some dude could have been anyone or any age, essentially asked her to go into an imaginary cupboard and go down on him. Her response was not an immediate no and i dont think she really understood but she sure did not come forward with the info nether.

So no more phone for six months, no more PC for a right good while, very stern talking to and me with steam coming out my ears. Obviously reported it to Police(well my Mrs did), but nothing done that i can actually see by authorities nor Roblox.

Moral of that story, check out your child's mobile and other communication media, routinely, and set it so they cannot delete any applicable info or history.

Essentially people need to pay digital attention as well as real attention in this day of age, such is the world of our own creation.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hey boys and girls, wouldn't it be fun to kill yourselves? Hyuk hyuk, why it surrrree would. You kill you, I kill me, were all raised like idiots.. Sing along.

edit on 3-9-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

While I applaud that, the bottom line there is you let you 11 year old daughter unsupervised on the internet?

We gotta stop doing that.. Monsters hide everywhere on it.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

LOL

And yet most of us seem to have survived Sesame Street.

Want a right tippy show try Button Moon or the Clangers. I'm surprised weans are not on the Moon right now really. LoL

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Fact is I can't sit and watch over her shoulder all the time, in life nor online, simply untenable.

Just educate, observe and hope for the best.

You can't supervise kids all the time I'm afraid, I'm good, but I've not got a cape under my shirt.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

LOL

And yet most of us seem to have survived Sesame Street.

Want a right tippy show try Button Moon or the Clangers. I'm surprised weans are not on the Moon right now really. LoL

Lol, I've never heard of them, I'm still traumatised from seeing Teletubbies. Good lord O.o

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Fact is I can't sit and watch over her shoulder all the time, in life nor online, simply untenable.

Just educate, observe and hope for the best.

You can't supervise kids all the time I'm afraid, I'm good, but I've not got a cape under my shirt.

Ahh I know.. Don't have kids myself but did have loads of cousins. I'm just glad they're all adults now that the internet is a thing. None of the kids I knew as a kid myself, were into computers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join