It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Pope Calls Gay Marriage Part of 'Ideology of Evil'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
A new book by Pope John Paul labels homosexual marriages part of the "ideology of evil" He also takes aim at abortion and relates it to the extermination of Jews and other groups in the 20th century. The book which is described as "highly philosophical" is a collection of discussions he had with friends and aids. He further indicated that his assassin did not act alone and it suggests that the communist bloc may have been behind it.

story.news.yahoo.com
ROME (Reuters) - Homosexual marriages are part of "a new ideology of evil" that is insidiously threatening society, Pope John Paul says in a new book published Tuesday.

In "Memory and Identity," the Pope also calls abortion a "legal extermination" comparable to attempts to wipe out Jews and other groups in the 20th century.

He also reveals that he is convinced the Turkish gunman who shot him in 1981 did not act alone and suggests that the former Communist Bloc may have been behind the plot to kill him.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I will tell you what the "ideology of evil" truly is. Forbidding the use of condoms and thus ensuring that AIDS ravishes Africa. Or turning a blind eye while your priests in America and elsewhere molest innocent children. These truly are evil events that the Church has stood by and allowed. What about the AIDS genocide they have allowed to run rampant because of their outmoded policies on birth control?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I've got to admit, I've never liked the Pope and never agreed with anything he had to say until now!

Hell, I might even become a fan of ol'pointy-head!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The Bible is against Gays full stop, so why should he be for them?? errr...

Any how, about the evil priests and the cover ups... hell is warming up for them one by one...every person who was part of it has a spot with their names on....

gggrrrr @ the world and its messy ways....

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Why can't the people of Africa control themselves until marriage and then get tested for AIDS? If you don't know if you have it then don't do it! They send condoms down to Africa you know what they do with them? they think they are balloons! Also the child molestation thing is a side issue. The people of the church are not perfect, however their actions are still evil. Homosexuality is against the Bible, so is premarital sex, so is sexual abuse. They are all evil. The Catholic Church has apologized for their sins. It is about time for the rest of the world to take responsibility for their and to stop whining about the past and worry about the present! Personal responsibility is the basis of not just the catholic church but also a stable society. People need to realize that their actions affect the world. Whether you know it or not you may have AIDS. Get tested! Stop having sex until you know! That will stop AIDS! AIDS doesn't just show up out of no where!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAConrad0825
Why can't the people of Africa control themselves until marriage and then get tested for AIDS? If you don't know if you have it then don't do it!

Ah if it were only so simple as that. The Church likes to make it sound that way but that is a fools paradise IMHO. The just say "no" does not work here what makes you think it will work in Africa or anywhere else.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
..sounds like Bush's Axis of evil comment...I think the pope is more Republican than Bush is....

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well maybe someone should have told the bible that. The beauty of the church is it doesn't flip flop like the wind on issues. It takes years to change doctrine and for a good reason. Go JPII!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAConrad0825
Well maybe someone should have told the bible that. The beauty of the church is it doesn't flip flop like the wind on issues. It takes years to change doctrine and for a good reason. Go JPII!

For real now: Dude the Bible flip flops on just about everything! Its the John Kerry of religous texts
The Church however has been consistent with its genocide. Ill give you that:

Some examples por favor:

God dwells in chosen temples 2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples Acts 7:48

God is seen and heard Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/ Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be heard John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16

God is tired and rests Ex 31:17/ Jer 15:6
God is never tired and never rests Is 40:28

Lying approved and sanctioned Josh 2:4-6/ James 2:25/ Ex 1:18-20/ 1 Kings 22:21,22
Lying forbidden Ex 20:16/ Prov 12:22/ Rev 21:8

Had enuf or should I keep going?????

[edit on 2/22/05 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Africa? You mean where the church tells them if they use any form of protection/medicine to stop aids/prevent spread of aids they will go to hell? They are committing genocide on the Africans.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If someone else wrote a book calling gays the "ideology of evil" you can bet that they would have gay right groups all over them (and most probly human rights) and if it was a public figure, e.g political they would be basicly forced into submission and have public outlash

however whenever its a high ranking RELIGIOUS person people turn a blind eye or just dont say anything

Not everyone believes in god or that religion, so why should they be judged by a person on baised on their religion even when its wrongly translated (read the english and arabic ones and you will see in both Koran/Bible ect that it is different in areas and wronly translated) god is not even proven to exist

by the way im a believer in god

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmm. Homsexuals getting married is evil, but homosexual priests raping altar boys is............?

By the way, Conrad, you show ignorance of the AIDS situation in Africa. Many cases of AIDS are spread from husbands to their wives, because men still go out and screw prostitutes, then come home and make their wives have sex with them, often conceiving children who also have AIDS. Since the catholic church really has done little to enforce male fidelity in marriages, and gives husbands so much authority over their wives that many times, the wives are beaten for refusing sex or suggesting a condom, the problem with AIDS spreading in Africa is not because they have sex with whoever, its because their religous beliefs do little to curb extramarital sex. premarital sex isnt a real issue here.

So learn some facts before you go spouting off silly uninformed crap like that.

And all those little babies and kids in Africa...did they get aids from premarital sex? And all those orphans whose parents are dead?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think the pope has turn "Chocho" that is a Spanish term to refer to old man when they don't really know what they are doing anymore.

The pope is a poppet, he probably does not even has a mind of his own anymore.

He more than anybody else should know the precarious situation his church is right now, with so many scandals.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Marg,

He's chocho alright! or better yet,

A mermejo. Cara de hombre y huevos de viejo.

I wonder about him...all his comments arent right...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Marg,

He's chocho alright! or better yet,

A mermejo. Cara de hombre y huevos de viejo.

I wonder about him...all his comments arent right...

I tell you, you got it all right Dg, "los huevos del viejo papa, yo ni los quiero ver"

He never got to used them anyway.

He most has lost his rational thoughts long time ago.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Uniformed? where are you getting ur facts? I am getting mine from the source. From peace corp volunteers who deal with these cases. And those husbands are not keeping it within the family or their pants. Never have i excused priests who rape little boys. However there are just as many other church leaders who rape little boys. Look at the jehova's witness's. At least with the catholic church when the catholic church does something the structure of the church allows for there to be change. Unstructured churches allow for gaps that the change of rooting out pedophiles. I was shocked as any when i found out about the child molestation cases however i feel that the main reason the church was focused upon because it is the largest christian denomination. It's the same thing that happened after 9-11 with Muslims. Also give the church a break. There are many good priests out there. Leave it be!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Just goes to show how out of touch with reality and modern times the Catholic Church is.

There was a time when civilisation needed concrete rules to keep the rule of law and morality in place but that ended with the advent of mass public education. We dont need the Church any more and they're just trying to assert their waning authourity.

Why get uptight about what the Pope alegedly wrote? He holds no power over non-Catholics. Allow him his right to free speech and pay it no attention.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
what i dont get is that the church is acting as if it is sinless. And as Jesus said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Since the church has a great deal of sins one can only say they have no place to judge. The church needs to rethink things before taking a stance on them, like why do we have a heirarchy and why are we hypocritical. Sorry if i offended any catholics in here.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Hmmmmmmmmm. Homsexuals getting married is evil, but homosexual priests raping altar boys is............?

I send my graces to such astound countenance, were you and I, the only ones thinking this? Were these wretched precentors of the all mighty not apart of this 'evil ideology' ? The Pope has propogated nothing but ignorance, and as the whole of the Vatican and it's inhabitants past and present are concerned, they have ebetted this ignorance since the creation of this apocryphal faith.

As for Mr.Conrad, well, maybe you should leave your subjective dogma behind and realize the facts in regards to the spread of HIV in Africa and the subsequent request by the Catholic Church to digress from using Condoms in hopes of fighting rationality and superseding it with numbers far outweighing in indoctrination and the morality of ancient Canaan.

A grande number of cases of HIV are due to prenatal transmission of this deliterious virus coupled in more devastatingly inadequate health facilities: those who do require this Virus are more often than not left to survive on thier own without aid to treat themselves, and bear children to further enhance thier chances of survival, through the exclusion of condoms, or for socio-cultural reasons. This site should suffice and provide your mind with enough information to keep you busy:

www.globalchange.com...

"I will never forget my first trip to Uganda in 1988, to find out about AIDS in Africa. Coffin makers lined the road from the airport to Kampala. AIDS in Africa is wiping out tens of millions of men, women and children. I have seen the pain, grief and suffering - in the poorest slum areas and in the wealthiest districts. AIDS in Africa hurts everyone, but children are always the most vulnerable. Born with HIV from their mothers, infected through breast milk, or in the past through unsafe medical treatments, seduced by adults who want "safe" sex with virgins, often orphaned and destitute, having to build their own homes, grow their own food, and care for younger brothers and sisters. That is the cruel reality of AIDS in Africa. Yet AIDS in Africa can be beaten if we all pull together."
Dr Patrick Dixon Founder ACET International Alliance

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
THE POPE IS GAY!

On a less serious note, the catholic church is a lumbering dinosaur in today's world. In no way is such outmoded rhetoric and archaic dogma relevant in the lives of modern, intelligent people.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
First of all i want to see proof to support your claim Zapata. Also, the pope was not addressing people like you. If you do not believe in Catholicism then he hopes that you will turn to God. The reason the Church sticks to tradition is because that is why the church has lasted. Not because it is an evil power hungry organization *cough UN cough* but a religion that has strayed from the path and is trying to make things right. I do not expect any of you to believe what the church says. I only ask that you respect the pope and those who believe. I have nothing against others and their right to their opinion but the second anyone says the words, "You are wrong" in a debate then you have lost. The issue here is not about saying that one person is wrong or right but the sharing of ideas and the denial of ignorance. I have an idea that i am the only Catholic here, so please unless you actually have something that can be supported do not comment on the church. I only try to say what i can document, not always because like all humans i make mistakes, but i try my best. I ask that the rest of you will attack the issue and not the poster or the individual. The pope is a fragile old man, who barely makes it day by day. How can you fools jeer at him without sympathy? Do you really think he wrote this book? Yes he may think this way but he can barely speak. I highly doubt that he is responsible for this book, but that does not diminsh my faith in what he says. It is my belief and i support my faith. I do not attack your beliefs, please do not attack mine.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join