It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it has full control of Gulf, U.S. Navy does not belong there

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: EternalSolace

The McCain is named after all 3 McCains. McCains grand father, his father and the senator. All John S. McCains.

The Navy saved itself some money there.

Maybe we can get a garbage scow named as the SS Drumpf.

Probably more the Navy didn't want to name one solely after the person who torched one of their Carriers.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Iran controlling the gulf is like a 5 year old controlling the sand pit when the adults “US Navy” come to play. You can posture all day long but Iranian naval power is a non issue.

Don't assume Iran are useless...
Sea mines, speed boat swarm attacks, anti ship missiles, mini-subs...

Sure, the US would win if it bombed the coastline destroying the missile sites, killing thousands... but a massive all out war would result..

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Iran trying to take over the strait is bad news..

I doubt it would be casually on the news like this..

I think its lost in translation, something like

'' we can take over the strait when ever we please ''

or

'' we ultimately have control when we choose to exercise it ''

Iran needs to focus on having control of some of its cities it appears.

They would be playing a losing game to try and block the Gulf militarily and more importantly, for them, economically. Their currency is a mess already.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Iran controlling the gulf is like a 5 year old controlling the sand pit when the adults “US Navy” come to play. You can posture all day long but Iranian naval power is a non issue.

Don't assume Iran are useless...
Sea mines, speed boat swarm attacks, anti ship missiles, mini-subs...

Sure, the US would win if it bombed the coastline destroying the missile sites, killing thousands... but a massive all out war would result..

Iran could try those tactics. It would be suicide as the USN and USAF would destroy every port that poses a threat and no oil from Iran would flow via Tankers. Iran can not function without the money from oil coming in.

Iran is not a Superpower, regardless of what they think. Their latest big claim to fame is they have figured out how to locally make the F-5, a plane from 40+years ago.

It's not battle they would win. Just being honest looking at the tale of the tape.

Let's hope it's their usual blustery talk.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

sounds like you don't know what you're talking about at all.

what is the US ddoing in the golf, across the world? the president banned a lot of those countries from even entering the country, yet the US' presence in their waters is celebrated....

what a bizarro world we live in...
but our navy is not at all what is being sold to the population...I should know. I did more than a few deployments.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

If Iran acted with aggression to any US Navy assets there would be all out war anyway. They might be able to get one ship either sunk or damaged, that would be the last they would do. We would smite that country so fast Russia wouldn't even be able to get assets there fast enough if it even wanted to.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Well it's not their waters as you claimed...they are international waters and anyone with a sea worthy vessel can occupy them as they please so long as they follow the rules.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

This is more of a game to rattle oil prices up as well as throwing a line in the water and see who bites.

Iran is surrounded; should Iran attempt or succeed in closing the Straight for a brief period, well they have collectively fallen upon their sword.

The only force projection Iran posses is via proxy, I would bet against any other nation siding with Iran if attempting to close the Stright.

It's no win for Iran as a nation.

Mg

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

(Reuters) - Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Monday urged the remaining signatories to its 2015 nuclear agreement to act to save the pact, though France’s leader called again for broader talks on Tehran’s missile program and its role in the Middle East region.

Blackmail.

Iran says it has full control of Gulf, U.S. Navy does not belong there

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Good luck with that.

Monitoring and control are different issues. Some sources state Iran's position is (paraphrasing)...they have the protection of the area under control so no need for other navies. But who cares? It's a navigable waterway, they have zero say in that fact.

Given their history, it's a possible short-term threat either by more rhetoric or short lived actions. Oil prices will reflect the comments, which is most likely the goal as the country slides financially. The Obama billions are running out.

Mg

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

what is the US ddoing in the golf, across the world? the president banned a lot of those countries from even entering the country, yet the US' presence in their waters is celebrated....

but our navy is not at all what is being sold to the population...I should know. I did more than a few deployments.

LOL. The seven countries are Iran, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Libya, Chad, North Korea and Venezuela to an extent. It was a nice try by you to claim knowledge of things. I suppose you still think it's a total Muslim Ban, right?

If you have been there on deployments to the Gulf, you know that it's international waters and ANYONE can freely sail them.

The U.S. would dominate Iran militarily should they ever be foolish enough to engage us. It's not bragging when you have the ability to do what you say.

That being said, I hope it never comes to open hostilities.
edit on 27-8-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No doubt the next newest us carrier,the uss mccain, will be there to control everything.

The McCain is an Arleigh Burke Class destroyer.

A first class destroyer I’m sure.

Everytime the Captain calls for hard a'star she veers to port.
edit on 27-8-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

You were in the navy but aren't aware of what international waters are?

Its fun to pretend things on the Internet

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nebraska ????

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Nebraska ????

Yes, it's next to Canada.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Nebraska ????

Yes, it's next to Canada.

Did you know that "C" is the capital of Canada?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Someone once asked me where the C of Cortez was and I told them 'at the front of the word, stupid'.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Someone once asked me where the C of Cortez was and I told them 'at the front of the word, stupid'.

People are so stupid!

pfft!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Iran: We can, and do, control the Persian Gulf.

US Navy: (patting them on the head) Of course, you can and do.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the Persian Gulf is international waters, recognized by everyone in the world. Freedom of navigation, and all that jazz.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Doesn't change the fact that Nebraska isn't a gulf state...

Just sayin'.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join