It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a Youtube channel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You have the voice and cadence for it. Your quality will only get better. Good job and good luck.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I watched only a part of it because is too early for my span attention limit to concentrate on news. I find you engaging and likeable and I believe people will want to listen to you.
I only have a few "cosmetic" suggestions that you may want to consider.
First I would suggest to raise the camera a bit at your chest level as to not have that weird angle and light on your face, and position it a tiny bit further away from you. If you're worried about the background than you can fix that by turning your desk around so you sit against a wall, or maybe use a curtain or some other prop to block the background from showing. A quick browsing of other youtubers set up can give you some ideas.

As for the format I believe that videos, just like text, should be divided in shorter snippets fit to today's people awful span attention. Or you can clearly mark with titles, subtitles, effects or even the built in Youtube annotation the beginning of each subject you're talking about. Also if you have sources for your news, links to your social media or other suggestions is good to flare them in captions at the relevant time. Those are simple tricks that keep the attention on the screen and make the video more alive.

Maybe in time you will want to have a 5 seconds animated logo or some form of branding at the beginning of the video; it makes you look more...official

I'm not a professional or anything but I'm playing a bit with AfterEffects and other cool software like that. If you want maybe you can PM me and I can help you a little with editing and stuff.
Good luck and let's hope you will break the Youtube apart!

ETA: I'm married too so this is no romantic offer

edit on 27-8-2018 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Good for you.

Keep it up.

Bally

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Hi OP , Help me understand ? YT censoring , still want to start a channel that might offend Big Tech and blow all your efforts away.. If any I expected people to go bitchute... that's peer to peer tech , not controlled.

wish you good luck!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

The background work on what people see in the background. Something that will catch the eye. Something related to what you want to talk about. Also, you are going to need a catchy name. Something that will show up quickly in a youtube search. I really don't see much for an expense in doing so. Other than that sounds good.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Subscribed!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
(BTW I am married, so no romantic offers)

Tease. Just thumbs-downed the video because of this.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler HI there U are probably my favourite poster on ats so im very happy to hear ur making your own channel,good idea my friend,im sure u have a bright YouTube future ahead of you.
Il definatly be checking up on your channel. Keep up the good work

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Totally shattered my imagined image of you.

Good job and best of luck Grambler.
I will be following.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for the suggestions and compliments.

I look forward to enacting some of the suggestions as soon as possible.

As for the background, I am very limited in what I can do because that video was shot after hours at my work office (during my sleep shift) and I cant really do anything with the walls there.

I will be making most of the videos at my apartment, but it is so small I dont know how much I can do.

Would I be better served to do sort of an animated still with the articles I am discussing showing up instead of video of myself?

Also, would filming at two different locations (my apartment and work office) be distracting because the change in background?

I will be getting an animated logo soon as my good friend is a graphic design artist (dont worry, Ill pay him for it, even though he has ate dinner at my house like a million times for free).

As far as youtube censoring content I why I would chose to put videos there;

Honestly its because I dont know many other sites. I also dont really care about making money with the videos or anything like that, so I am not really worried about being demonetized at this point.

And sadly I am not tech savvy at all, and in my just intial messing around, youtubes format and help videos seem to have the most ease of access for me.

I would love to put videos on other sites as well. I hear minds.com is one, are there any other suggestions?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

(BTW I am married, so no romantic offers)

Tease. Just thumbs-downed the video because of this.

Please keep your thumb away from me no matter what direction it is pointing.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Please keep your thumb away from me no matter what direction it is pointing.

Why? I've been keeping it warm.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
So after researching I think that I need an intro video, and a schedule release of material.

As far as a set schedule, I was thinking something along the lines of one video a day, released at either like 10:30 PM or 6:30 am EST.

Does anyone have any input on which of these times would be better?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Subscribed...

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
After watching live streamers make $30k in one week or $9k in 1 day live streaming is where the future is. People donate using text to speech and sending media. It's the easiest way to make money but comes with losing lots of privacy and leaking personal info is always a risk.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen
After watching live streamers make $30k in one week or $9k in 1 day live streaming is where the future is. People donate using text to speech and sending media. It's the easiest way to make money but comes with losing lots of privacy and leaking personal info is always a risk.

I am not really interested in it from a money angle.

I just want to get my opinions out there.

I would like to show that its possible to disagree with people and not think they are evil.

As far as loss of privacy, yeah thats a big concern.

I think my posting history on ATS will show that I am not someone to that is a troll or very offensive; though certainly I have my moments.

However, despite really enjoying the job I currently have, I am putting my name in at universities to be a professor of communications.

And it turns out having libertarian or conservative views hurts your chances of getting hired at most universities, particularly in the humanities.

SO yeah, there is a huge risk that my personal info getting out will hurt job prospects.

And conversely, I will be posting stuff critical of right wing positions as well, so I may get crap from that angle.

But, I dont care. I decided that I have nothing to be ashamed of, and so I will not let that fear stop me from voicing my opinion.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Good on you. I'd do the same but I don't have anything to say. Wut?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Constructive criticism: Enunciate/emphasize the facts. You could also have a little fun with the cadence in how you deliver them. (It's how the pundits do it all over the political spectrum.
)

Good work man. Hope it works out and subbed as well!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
More Fake News!

Subbed just so I can unsubscribe.

(Jk, lol)

For real, though, good on/for you... I look forward to seeing future vids.

I may do some YouTube living, vicariously through you.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Constructive criticism: Enunciate/emphasize the facts. You could also have a little fun with the cadence in how you deliver them. (It's how the pundits do it all over the political spectrum.
)

Good work man. Hope it works out and subbed as well!

You ever watch daytime tv? I love the commercials you will see for lawyers.

"Have you been injured at work? Call our lawfirm to get CASH today!

So yeah, I gotta work on that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join