It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a Youtube channel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So after a great amount of thought, and struggle at grasping the very basest level of social media technology, I have decided to start a youtube channel.

First I would like to say that it currently sucks; I put up one video, I havent found my voice or style, I have crap equipment, and I have no editing skills whatsoever.

So after hearing all of that, I am sure you are just chomping at the bit to see this work of art!

I am going to mainly focus on politics and news of the day (I know, original right!)

My reasons for this are several. First I think that many people retain information better in a video form than seeing things in writing.

Secondly, I would like to communicate with people on a wide variety of platforms.

Third, I am so handsome people deserve to see my beautiful face.

And fourth, I would eventually love to live stream conversations with people, and this is the only forum I am aware of how to do that.

I am very interested in talking with all sorts of people who agree or disagree with me, particularly from ATS, and having people be able to see those videos.

I didnt know if anyone on ATS would be interested in viewing my videos, or even better could give me advice (Except lose weight, yeah Im working on it), or if I am even allowed link to my channel here.

I will link to my first video, if its not allowed, please feel free to remove this mods.

Thanks anyone for your input!

(BTW I am married, so no romantic offers)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Wow is my beard patchy!

Ugh, wife maid me trim it down, I assure you all I looked way more majestic when it had a good length.

And as someone who has no other social media such as twitter or facebook, i have to say I am a little nervous to put my face out there.

Not to mention, everyone who sees this on ATS who has this vision of me from my avatar that I look like bill hicks will have that image shattered

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

First of all my apologies for not watching the video as I am taking a break from politics. Aside from that congratulations! It takes guts to put yourself out there, especially since keyboard warriors hammering at the keyboards from their mommies basements can strike fear into the hearts of even the bravest!

I salute you!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I didn’t get a chance to watch the whole video. But I think you have a good beginning! Watch it a couple times yourself and take some notes on what you would like to change. Maybe even write a little script, or show notes – points that you would like to convey. Maybe even slow it down just a little bit.
I want to make a YouTube video too, it looks good to me, and encourages me to go ahead and do it. Good luck! Who cares about the haters.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

First of all my apologies for not watching the video as I am taking a break from politics. Aside from that congratulations! It takes guts to put yourself out there, especially since keyboard warriors hammering at the keyboards from their mommies basements can strike fear into the hearts of even the bravest!

I salute you!

Yes and I am far from the bravest.

I still make my wife kill spiders for me

Thanks you for the well wishes!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

My second try at a reply.

I found this interesting although I'm not into yank politics. Kudos for making a You Tube Video.

I watched the whole account and my thoughts, from my perspective was that your speech at times was speeding up so I guess I missed a bit of what you were trying to get across. Not always but in some parts.

The other thing was I thought you were gonna head butt me through the screen at times.

Here's a bloke, similar, you could get some tips from. He doesn't shave either. Names "Agro". A bit of an early icon over here.

Has some great vids and bloopers are particularly funny.

Good luck with your endeavour.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis
I didn’t get a chance to watch the whole video. But I think you have a good beginning! Watch it a couple times yourself and take some notes on what you would like to change. Maybe even write a little script, or show notes – points that you would like to convey. Maybe even slow it down just a little bit.
I want to make a YouTube video too, it looks good to me, and encourages me to go ahead and do it. Good luck! Who cares about the haters.

Thanks for the advice!

I know I speak way to fast. I was in policy debate in college where you talk like an auctioneer and it ruined me.

Now I havent done any serious studying on what makes a good youtube video, but I have found that many do speak rather fast. Though admittedly they are heavily edited to take out all filler and repitition, which I htink I had a lot of.

But if i get enough feedback to slow down I would definitely try.

I kind of dont want to put too much time into editing.

I would rather it have a more organic feel (which is a fancy way of saying I am lazy)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Good stuff, that was a great first video.

Take your time to immerse yourself in the YT tutorials for contributors, it really will make a huge difference as its the minor details that will get you the widest reach.

I would suggest you look at getting an Elgato game capture box. This will allow you to have screen-in-screen whilst you browse, in real time, videos and any website etc you wish to discuss during your videos.

www.elgato.com...

Thumbnails are very important and you'll quickly find that coupled with catchy titles, good editing and an impactful first 20 seconds will get you established the quickest.

Anyway, good luck. I'll be watching!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Hey man you did a good job
I will definitely subscribe to your channel and show my support. You did a great job laying out what actually was and sadly still is going on in that specific regard. Keep em coming dude.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Pretty good for an beginner !!!

You made the point !!!

👍

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Yeah moving while i speak is another bad habit I need to work on.

When I debated like i siad before you have to speak really fast (though I was slow for a top level debater)

As a result, you move around and do things you dont even notice.

My roomate tells me one time after a round that I spoke very well, but I kept, how to put this gently, playing with myself.

I was devestated and so embarrassed.

He let me go for an hour before he told me he made it up.

But it just illustrates how I have no idea how I am moving when I am talking.

So I definitely will try to work on staying steadier with my speed and movement.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the advice and kind words.

Sublime I will defintely look into purchasing that game capture box.

What i really would like to do is to be able to have images of stories I am reading from on screen with me, like sargon of akad, jimmy dore, and other commentators like that.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

What i really would like to do is to be able to have images of stories I am reading from on screen with me, like sargon of akad, jimmy dore, and other commentators like that.

Yep - grab that box pronto, its exactly what its designed for. Its a great device, you wont regret it.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Congrats..good first video.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Buddha tested. Buddha approved!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

They've got your coordinates and face you're done!

In my experience they'll let that account exist a good while, but twist the whole panel of dials they've invented to ensure you're as completely marginalized into obscurity as possible... even if you never noty once made anything about the channel about actual income from it. But persist no less. F them!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Very credible effort for minimalist equipment and Good audio !

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Very credible effort for minimalist equipment and Good audio !

Thank you very much.

I have to tell you, the thing that would make me the happiest with this is getting people from ATS on here (or any platform for that matter) and having a live discussion on things.

I love discussions and debate, and think that this would allow a hopefully mutual level of respect for everyone to share their opinions, and be willing to hear out people that may disagree with them.

I think our community has some of the beat thinkers I ahev seen online, and even though I havent or dont plan to mention ATS by name on this channel, I hope to represent the spirit of ats well with it.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Look into OBS Studio. Free software made for pip streaming.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Bookmarking for when my data plan gets re-upped on the first.

Can't wait to watch ....

Lots of ammo for the battle thread I'm sure...

Lol just kidding bro

Respectfully,
~meathead

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join