It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The power of Kneeling..nfl

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
a reply to: ketsuko

i dont think many football fans really care about it that much. but here we are speaking.

The millions of dollars in losses last year alone by the NFL say different

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Nope, when I was little my mind generally wandered after nearly 20 years of military service as I stated my mind goes to my friends and what happened to them. I am saluting them and their sacrifice, and the sacrifice of the families of the men in women that died and lost limbs in the service of their country.

I am certain many people in the police who have lost friends or family think of their loved ones when the anthem plays and that is what the players missed.

Ever hear the statement "One mans trash is another mans treasure"? the principle is the same, the players feel they know what everyone is feeling during the anthem and that makes the protest ok, but everyone is different and that's where the players screwed up.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

There is a point OP is making very correctly and i find it very just and useful to discuss. On the other hand while we discuss the meaning or symbol of flag, why dont we discuss meaning or symbol of kneeling? just look at posture while they kneel for instance.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Not only do and did I have family who were and are vets and in law enforcement, but I recall my own days as an athlete. Part of the flag and anthem was a reminder that we were about to go out and do our own form of battle, a much more symbolic form, but on some stages that is in representation of the country, and on other levels, it should never be forgotten that because we are in that country and because of the people we honor at that moment, we have the opportunity to partake in that competition.

It's also about representing the organizations we represent.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: norhoc

You are not pledging allegiance to the physical flag, your logic is severely lacking.

In our hearts we are not pledging to a piece of cloth but in reality if i say i pledge allegiance to the ship,cup,leaf,or any other item you put in that place it adds up to the words meaning i am pledging to that object.

No, you are not. That idea is completely laughable.

I pledge allegiance to schuyler. (not)

Does that statement have any meaning?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

No.

This is the internet.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

just look at posture while they kneel for instance.

That is true and to me it is a form of respect even if the intentions are meant to disrespect. I am pretty sure that many kingdoms it was required to kneel before royalty and insignia.

IMO The best way to settle the mess would be to make the usa flags here and honor them and call out disrespect to the country.

On the other hand many people make a very valid biblical point that one should never ever raise any flag above a signet to God and only to fly a flag under a signet of God.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Nope, when I was little my mind generally wandered after nearly 20 years of military service as I stated my mind goes to my friends and what happened to them. I am saluting them and their sacrifice, and the sacrifice of the families of the men in women that died and lost limbs in the service of their country.

Thanks for the service but i strongly feel that the country you served has an obligation to fly American Flags and anything else is disrespect to what many like you have done. Even if you currently do not feel as i do about the issue. IMO It is the least we could do to honor the dead and living in this country.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
From my point of view, kneeling during the National Anthem is a way of thumbing their noises at the flag, the United States, and the organisation that they play for. Perhaps I am wrong as I sometimes am. That’s just the way I see it.
The NFL could have done something instead they ignore it to be politically correct. Well it’s a football field and politics has no place on it. We are beyond that. Race, color, religion, gay, every one gets to play if they are good enough.
I for one, am sick to death of political correctness. I’m 61years old and raised in the South, I once voted for Obama. He taught me more about hate, prejudice,and racism than anyone in my life. I am sick to death of having it thrust down my throat, just to be politically correct. Children don’t know which bathroom to use and the last two terms of liberals in office, have set back race relations fifty years. I guess for me it came to a head on the football field. Oh and I did not buy my usual box box seats for my company this year, they don’t need my money.

I have no hatered for those guys kneeling, but I have no respect either. I am an old fashioned kind of guy, kind of like my grandfather. My grandfather was part white, part Cherokee and maybe a little black, grew up during the first depression, he was poor, worked hard, and built a life for his wife and children. He once said to me ,” Respect is earned and with out respect you mite as well be dead.” To me that still rings true. My grandfathers favorite thing was to watch pro ball in his old age. He was a diehard democrat and a hard but fair man, he would have hated this.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I see it the same way too.

They make 10s of millions a year, from the very country and organization they are disrespecting, and her people.

If it werent for any single one of those factors above, they wouldnt have the opportunity they have to do so.

In the scheme of things, I could give a rats, I stopped watching all together anyway because i dont like politics in my sports.

Besides, I would rather spend my time cheering on vets, military members, and police and fire rescue, and people who actually matter and dont get noticed for it.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

You are not wrong imo but i feel the reason they continue to do such is because our flag is infected with foreign power.

For all we know they could be doing some chinese ritual where they make the flag and saying something may the chinese labor and materials used in this flag be used to disrespect the usa in the most heinous way possible. I am sure they could come up with better words than mine but we open ourselves up for much division by not protecting our insignia in a better manner.

I find it super odd how many that served would like to kick anyones ass or worse who let the flag touch the ground or burn it but their spidey senses do not even register if the flag is made from foreign labor and materials. They believe in unseen power when it is convenient.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

you can be infected with power

hey, maybe they are proposing to china

edit on 26-8-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

That is a good one there.

We are electrical beings. We are stimulated by our environment.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

but you must admit, it really looks so
if you didnt say china i wouldnt make it though
i 'd be stuck in my more boring mentality.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

That is a good one there.

We are electrical beings. We are stimulated by our environment.

Are you guys both the same people?

Because youre both making about as much sense.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
duality always makes me think of marriage. woman mind. what can you do.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

well. thanks. i am sure he too is used to hearing compliments but they never get old or hard to get enough of them.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If a person wants to understand then they have to take from step one.

What do the words "I pledge allegiance to the flag" mean exactly.

Also keep in mind that there were no usa flags made in other countries when those words were written that anyone in the usa was saluting or pledging to.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

If a person wants to understand then they have to take from step one.

What do the words "I pledge allegiance to the flag" mean exactly.

Also keep in mind that there were no usa flags made in other countries when those words were written that anyone in the usa was saluting or pledging to.

why would they salute or pledge to another countries flag

Again youre making no sense, these connections youre trying to draw are literally non existent.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

lets agree to disagree at this moment. I thank you all for joining the conversation. It was a pleasure.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join