It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The power of Kneeling..nfl

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If a person wants to understand then they have to take from step one.

What do the words "I pledge allegiance to the flag" mean exactly.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
how do you know where the flag is made?

If I was the one representing them I wouldn't make the mistake of buying the flag from out of country, I'm sure I could source one made in USA

Wouldn't want some weasily guy putting our company on the spot saying where's your flag made, huh, huh,huh?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You're really really not as woke and enigmatic as youre tying to make out
Honestly what youre posting is coming off as nonsensical and fragmented.

A 3rd grader could tell u what they mean, and the context in which they are delivered, as a whole in the pledge.

Good god man

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

i am sorry, but the point is not to be awake
it is to be asleep.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
pledge
1.a solemn promise or undertaking.
2.a thing that is given as security for the fulfillment of a contract or the payment of a debt and is liable to forfeiture in the event of failure.
1.commit (a person or organization) by a solemn promise.
2.give as security on a loan.

al·le·giance
loyalty or commitment of a subordinate to a superior or of an individual to a group or cause.

flag
1.a piece of cloth or similar material, typically oblong or square, attachable by one edge to a pole or rope and used as the symbol or emblem of a country or institution or as a decoration during public festivities.

I pledge allegiance to the flag according to the definition is the same as...

I give my solemn promise of loyalty to this piece of cloth.

Now surely you would want that piece of cloth to be representative of your country in every way. Otherwise you are giving your loyalty to foreigners.

for·eign
ˈfôrən/Submit
adjective
1.of, from, in, or characteristic of a country or language other than one's own.
synonyms: overseas, exotic, distant, external, alien,
2.strange and unfamiliar.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky
Boy scouts 101.
It's not the physical flag it's what it represents.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
If a person wants to understand then they have to take from step one.

What do the words "I pledge allegiance to the flag" mean exactly.

A liberal taking part of a statement and trying to make something out of it ?
Be my guess.
Question answered
Done
Next

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
“...the flag...”, not a specific flag (so origin of labor irrelevant). Then there’s that pesky REST OF THE SENTENCE. “...and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands...”

Kind of like ignoring the rest of the sentence in the contentious part of the second amendment.

But that’s pretty par for the course...

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
“...the flag...”, not a specific flag (so origin of labor irrelevant). Then there’s that pesky REST OF THE SENTENCE. “...and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands...”

Kind of like ignoring the rest of the sentence in the contentious part of the second amendment.

But that’s pretty par for the course...

Spot on spot on.

People like to try and dissect things down to bring them out of context to make a point, only it doesnt work because common sense dictates , thats now how language works.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The sad part is that this was the most basic example of the usa giving away spiritual power and so many pretend to not know what words mean.

So many deflections tells me that we have traitors among us.

The most unamerican acts i have seen in a long time took place in this thread by peeps deflecting in order to continue to give cover for unamerican acts.

Where is your sense of patriotism? Looks like you traded it to china!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
a reply to: howtonhawky
Boy scouts 101.
It's not the physical flag it's what it represents.

True but that was long before we started importing flags.

Words mean things.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If anyone does not believe that words mean things then just pledge allegiance to howtonhawky.

I pledge allegiance to howtonhawky and to the retoric for which he stands.

If my thread is false then you will have no problem doing this and if it is true then i will have your power.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
For anyone the kneeling annoys or offends, the true power lies in turning sports games off and boycotting companies and teams who support what offends you. I don’t like the kneeling, but it does represent what those who are doing it believe and shows who they are. I believe in free speech—so Let them kneel—I also believe that if it offends enough people the nfl will cease to be profitable and those players will have ruined a game for all who love it. Let them kneel but no one is forcing anyone to watch them kneel. Go for a walk, read a book, play a game—no One is being forced to watch the kneelers—I have zero interest in watching a bunch of men who get paid insane amounts of money to play a game pretend like they are somehow victims of a society which pays them insane amounts of money to play a game.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join