It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath to "Global Society" vs. Pledge of Allegiance

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Dont do it. In California they'll gang stalk and fine you if you dare smoke a cigarette in your car or in your own home. Because its like just totally worse than the funk pumping out of tailpipes.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The dissolution of nation-states is what billionaire psychopaths like the Koch brothers have long lusted after. Without nation-states the real global power will step in to fill the void and take total control, i.e. global corporations. Why is the new left is now doing the bidding for the Koch brothers? Nothing is really as it seems anymore these days.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Annee

Then you are against education, because that's what education is: the correction of incorrect thinking. Just because a child thinks 2+2=5, it does not make it so. They must be taught that 2+2=4 if they are ever going to be able to do math.

TheRedneck

How/where did I say I was against education?

Free thinking is not incorrect thinking - - if that is your point.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You do realize there's a difference between group think indoctrination versus academic education, right?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Thanks for sharing on a personal level.
Life experiences can be drastically different depending on where one is raised.
Virginia vs California - yeah, I could see some huge divergence there.
I'm all for free thought and free expression, I taught art at elementary schools.
I made them do abstract art while listening to classical music then speed metal.
Lying to children is among the worst things we can do and indoctrination is often that.
The big question is how much choice do we allow children.
We all need some discipline and kids without some will suffer for it.
I think we agree more than we don't actually.

I'm actually a strong advocate of rules/guidelines for kids. Mainly, because they do have to fit into a structured world.

It's how they're implemented - - that matters.

I raised my (now 10) high-functioning Autistic grandson for 9 years. What I taught him is "Different Worlds" - - "Worlds within Worlds".

Who you are is Your World - no one can take that from you. But, you have School World, and inside School World, you have Math World, English World, etc.

So, he understood he had to be a part of these other Worlds, and follow the rules in those Worlds - - But, he could leave each of those Worlds and return to his own.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You do realize there's a difference between group think indoctrination versus academic education, right?

Explain

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
The dissolution of nation-states is what billionaire psychopaths like the Koch brothers have long lusted after. Without nation-states the real global power will step in to fill the void and take total control, i.e. global corporations. Why is the new left is now doing the bidding for the Koch brothers? Nothing is really as it seems anymore these days.

So, tell me why Global Power is so bad.

I'm not a big States Right supporter - - unless it actually has something to do with the geographic area. Such as Snow Days, Smog Days, Heat Days, Hunting Season?

When it comes to the equality of laws for people - - I think they should be Federal.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

How/where did I say I was against education?

You stated you are against trying to force children to accept norms. Correct math is a norm. Forcing a child to believe that 2+2=4 when that child really, sincerely believes 2+2=5 is a type of indoctrination.

Free thinking is not incorrect thinking - - if that is your point.

Not always, but incorrect thinking is always free thinking.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: sooth

So, tell me why Global Power is so bad.

I'm not a big States Right supporter - - unless it actually has something to do with the geographic area. Such as Snow Days, Smog Days, Heat Days, Hunting Season?

When it comes to the equality of laws for people - - I think they should be Federal.

So you think that schools should override local culture, national culture and parents wishes and the parents become just babysitters between sessions of being taught what to think, rather than how to think? I ask that based on your list.

I'm curious, what was your opinion of the schools that had their children sing praise to Obama right after his election, in the same manner North Korean children are taught to put the State above family? Was that OK or would you call that indoctrination?

How would you have personally reacted if you found out a school was teaching one of your children a belief you do not approve of? If they forced it on you using the power of a political party that just happened to have control that year, completely ignoring parents wishes and even overruling them based on political ideology or religious differences?

Is it unreasonable to say that schools should not be in the business of teaching or forcing their own political and religious ideologies on kids and maybe they should stick to teaching them how to think for themselves and arm them with knowledge they will need to support themselves as adults?

What percentage of the world do you suppose is ready for a global society at this time? China? Russia? North Korea? The Middle Eastern countries? They ready? Is the world ready?

I think until we can answer yes, we are many generations away from that. Pushing it too soon can only lead to bad things and even wars and massive deaths and yet people who are a little too into the global community camp seem blind to reality.

I kind of read you as being on the edge on that.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

[insert should be an OP award image here]

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I'm supposed to honor local culture, but object to my child being taught a belief I don't agree with?

Aren't you contradicting?

American schools today have to keep a file on every child and their heritage/culture. It is supposed to be included in the curriculum.

Many object to this as a waste of time.

I'm not into this right now. Later maybe.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I'm supposed to honor local culture, but object to my child being taught a belief I don't agree with?

I'm really struggling trying to keep with your thinking here... firstly, yes, you should be honoring local culture, and it is not possible to do that without knowing something of that culture. Your children should definitely be taught about their culture, but... and this is the second point... they should not be taught about it by anyone but you.

My children were taught about their culture by me. That's the way it works. Public schools are failing because they abandoned teaching the three 'R's... Reading, 'Riting, and 'Rithmatic... and went to this new-age, feely-goody, be a good citizen according to what we think a good citizen is crap.

American schools today have to keep a file on every child and their heritage/culture. It is supposed to be included in the curriculum.

This makes me wonder if you know the difference between heritage and culture. A part of my heritage is Cherokee... but that is not part of my culture. The two are distinctly different. Heritage is the cultures my forefathers came from, not the culture I live in. I have no real idea what the culture of the Cherokee is like (although I wish I did know more). I have extreme knowledge of my culture.

This is part of a pet peeve of mine. I've watched it happen for years, over and over and over. Everyone who lives in a region can be perfectly happy, living in harmony, until one person from a different culture, usually an aggressive one, moves in and starts immediately trying to change things. That's the difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee... a Yankee comes down here, but a Damn Yankee comes down here and tries to change us.

I live so deep in the country, most people cannot imagine it. We live our life a certain way around these parts, because it has worked for centuries. But every little while, a city slicker will move in, lured in by the promise of nice neighbors, community, fresh air, and fresh home-grown food. Then they realize a few things: part of our culture is to live and let live. If it ain't on my property, it's none of my business. If it is on my property, it's none of anyone else's business. But the slickers don't get that. They start complaining about the guy down the road target shooting (only to be laughed at by the cops), or the fellow up the road making too much noise messing with his hot rod (only to be laughed at some more) or the dogs being free to roam around. Then they realize that sometimes, when the wind blows right, that fresh air sometimes can smell of pig pens. That fresh food requires growing it a garden; it doesn't jump out of the ground, wrap itself in shrinkwrap, and appear in one's fridge. And working a garden? Oh, no, that's work! Dirty work at that!

Those friendly neighbors ain't so friendly after that. And then all that natural beauty... turns out it hides squirrels with darn good aim and skunks with better aim. There's no pizza delivery, no cable TV, no street sweeping, no police closer than 15 minutes away... and pretty soon they give up and decide to go home. But the damage is done over time. People become more suspicious of their neighbors, because who knows when those neighbors are going to be bringing police to harass them?

They destroy our culture because they want what we have but don't want to do what we do to get it.

And now schools should keep a dossier on every child so they can teach them about their culture? The teachers are, more often than not, the ones who are destroying the culture!

Annee, you seriously need to figure out what you're talking about.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Beware of "It's always been done that way".

I like the idea of the kids writing their own pledge in class.

One that actually reflects their own thinking.

I'm against forced indoctrination of kids.

A true citizen of the US has to be thankful we dont live in any of the other countries
And are not EU/UN controlled as some are.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

A true citizen of the US has to be thankful we dont live in any of the other countries

You know I don't need to agree with you, right?

"True" Citizen -- is that like "True" Christian?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I struggle to keep up with your thinking all the time.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Just ask me to slow down.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Funny how they push their twisted idea of 'civic responsibility' (guilt them from a young age into working themselves to death to support the freeloaders) but never an actual class in civics and what their rights are.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

You know I don't need to agree with you, right?

"True" Citizen -- is that like "True" Christian?

No.
You dont have to agree .
Did I say I set the standards ?
Those were set many years ago .
And , I think I said "true US citizen" . That would leave out some folks.

Of course I would expect you didnt know this.
No one has spoken a word on Christian . I havent . Why bring that up ?
I dont care how you feel on that subject....at all

edit on 8/27/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
since i am an alien, i dont know the differences in wording so i cant comment how much difference it will make.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
but it feels so trivial i wouldnt waste more than one minutes to discuss it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join