It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This ancient teenager is the first known person with parents of two different species

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah. I got tired of hearing about this flower, and that grass, and those herbs, and this flower and that flower, and those herbs.
I mean. Research is cool but plot is better when you're telling a story.

edit on 8/25/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Immediately after which, the first pixie hair cut was invented.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Daryl Hanna.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I remember every boy wanting that poster.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

You have much clean up to do?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Only dumping the extra fresh water I stored.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Loving this exchange !

Freaking awesome ! Laughing my ass off, as it should be.

Thank you !

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I was kind of into the holistic medicine information. Fascinating to learn how ancient people used the world around them. I liked the medicine woman in the book and the position she held within the clan.
Auel did a whole series of books on ancient people's and I think she was going for accuracy/ science with some fiction thrown in to make it engaging.
I guess the movie with Daryl Hanna had more sex appeal.

I liked Quest for Fire too.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

That's great. The big island took a hit with flooding from what I saw on the news.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Never saw the movie.
Didn't read the other books.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Prehistoric Interracial, Nais.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Phage

Lane is no more.
Deceased.
Extinct.
A former hurricane.

And I got a day off work.

In Clan of the Cave Bear, it was the Neanderthals who were the rapers.

I did 23 and Me. I have scant Neanderthal DNA. Now I know why. They weren't very attractive.

Although Clan of the Cave Bear is not a documentary.

Has the flooding subsided?

Clan of the Cave Bear was not a documentary....I wrote the short story while in grade school as an entry into a CONTEST..I was going to school in a small rural community....a substitute teacher was in my school and allowed my class to participate in a writing contest....today I am very old and know what they did....they were ripping off the creative talents of kids and then giving the ideas to ghost-writers....if there are any reputed lawyers here they should PM me....lol...I am not joking....the blonde girl was one of my sisters and the entire story and its plot were based off of ANOTHER BOOK I HAD READ AS A KID....about an orphaned animal....this Autor is a complete fraud and whoever gave her my story is a criminal...the Schoolboard where I was attending is liable for damages for allowing this to happen so says the lawyers I spoke to 20 years ago.....lol....no wonder I ended up on ATS....lol.

If you ARE a lawyer or know a serious one who will take the case Pro-bono maybe someone close to retirement who wants to give one away to the good side while there is still time......test me...PM me.....lol.

www.amazon.in...
edit on 27-8-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Never saw the movie.
Didn't read the other books.

Good...don't support the Author...and the other books are never going to tell you what was supposed to come next because Jean M Auel had no freaking idea what I was thinking or where my plot was going.....she took my idea and went places I never would have...

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

your post...stated

I bet her mother was raped. Just sayin.

and my response went over your head

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is pretty awesome. So basically they found a Denisovan and Neanderthal hybrid. Very cool stuff.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's just that until the advent of DNA analysis our tools were too coarse to recognize the differences and yeah, we may have to change our definition of "species" as a result.

a reply to: schuyler

With what's being learned about genetics, the whole concept of "species" is being given a relook. May go the way of "kind."

Genesis 1:11, 12

11 Then God said: “Let the earth cause grass to sprout, seed-bearing plants and fruit trees according to their kinds, yielding fruit along with seed on the earth.” And it was so. 12 And the earth began to produce grass, seed-bearing plants and trees yielding fruit along with seed, according to their kinds. Then God saw that it was good.

Thus a Scriptural definition of "kind" as the Bible uses it could be given as follows: "A family or group of living creatures or things that are interfertile among themselves, but not fertile with others outside their family. (That is, whose sex cells will unite to form, or begin to form, an offspring; but with those of another ‘kind’ or family are absolutely incompatible and unable to unite.)" This definition is basically the same as the old definition once given to "species." But with the advent of the false theory of evolution "species" has changed meaning and according to present-day scientific usage numerous species may all be of the one Biblical kind. When variations occur within the one kind evolutionists speak of some of them as new species and as evidence that species are evolving into new species (often using the term "speciation"); according to their narrowed-down definition of "species" it is true, but species do not evolve into entirely new species if we hold to the old definition of the term and which coincides with the above definition of the Biblical kind.

Developing new varieties of plants and animals (including hybrids) through selection or mutations or cross-breeding is not evidence for entirely new kinds evolving (no matter any possible future attempts made to conveniently redefine the meaning for the word "kind" as well, as it was done with the word "species", which if one sticks with the old definition, is still synonymous with the word "kinds" as used in the bible). If plants or animals are interfertile and produce offspring they are of the same kind; there is no stepping over the kind boundary. It is impossible to overstep this boundary, for Jehovah so created the kinds. Man cannot violate the Genesis decree concerning kinds, because two different kinds are not interfertile and no offspring could result. Through selective breeding and cross-breeding and mutations a great variety of plants or animals may be developed, but they are all within the boundary of their kind. The various fields of science are suspiciously devoid of evidence to successfully dispute this, including or perhaps better said, especially, the field of genetics + (mutation) breeding and mutation research.

...the data now gathered from some 100 years of mutation research in general and 70 years of mutation breeding in particular enable scientists to draw conclusions regarding the ability of mutations to produce new species. After examining the evidence, Lönnig [a scientist from the Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research in Germany who has spent some 30 years studying mutation genetics in plants] concluded: “Mutations cannot transform an original species [of plant or animal] into an entirely new one. This conclusion agrees with all the experiences and results of mutation research of the 20th century taken together as well as with the laws of probability.”

So, can mutations cause one species to evolve into a completely new kind of creature? The evidence answers no! Lönnig’s research has led him to the conclusion that “properly defined species have real boundaries that cannot be abolished or transgressed by accidental mutations.”22

22. Mutation Breeding, Evolution, and the Law of Recurrent Variation, pp. 49, 50, 52, 54, 59, 64, and interview with Wolf-Ekkehard Lönnig.

Source (besides the reference mentioned there at the end): Evolution—Myths and Facts

The first stuff between brackets is mentioned earlier in the article.
edit on 2-9-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
This is pretty awesome. So basically they found a Denisovan and Neanderthal hybrid. Very cool stuff.

So we should come up with a name a Denisderthal or a Naeanisovan. Think we should get a patent?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Homo sapien neanisovansis.

Has a nice ring to it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join