It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This ancient teenager is the first known person with parents of two different species

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: angeldoll

Lane is no more.
Deceased.
Extinct.
A former hurricane.

And I got a day off work.

In Clan of the Cave Bear, it was the Neanderthals who were the rapers.

I did 23 and Me. I have scant Neanderthal DNA. Now I know why. They weren't very attractive.

Or your ancestors weren't. It could go either way.

Explain? How could I have the DNA if Neanderthal's aren't in my ancestry? (I'm not that great with genetics)
Or are you saying my ancestors weren't attractive? I'm sure they were great looking cave women!

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

With long hair that they could be dragged around by.

(by which they could be dragged around?)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

It's cross-breeding like this is how you end up with X-Men.

Or Gingers.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

With long hair that they could be dragged around by.

(by which they could be dragged around?)

Is that from Clan of the Cave Bear? Was Bo Derek in that?

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Wrong movie. Raquel.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My most well known relative according to 23 and Me, was Francesco Petrarch. Known as the father of "Humanism".
I think I got some of that.

Also Jesse James. Think I might have some of that too.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Rishathra.

hahaha my mind went straight to that thought...

then there was...

wiki

The (non-sentient) "Vampire" species of hominid on Ringworld uses rishathra to obtain prey. A powerful pheromone is released that brings any compatible hominid into an extreme state of arousal. The victim immediately attempts to mate with the nearest compatible hominid, usually the vampire. During this mating, the vampire gains sustenance by draining the victim's blood. The "Ghoul" species of hominid on Ringworld are generally not permitted to "rish" with members of another species. This is due to their place in the Ringworld ecosystem as carrion eaters, specifically the dead bodies of other hominid races, a practice that while accepted by other hominids prohibits such close relations.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah. Them vampires. Scary. But fine.

edit on 8/25/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Wrong movie. Raquel.

Oh, she's pretty old. Maybe it was a documentary.

My cave women ancestors would have worn their hair short, to discourage undesirable suitors.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

My most well known relative according to 23 and Me, was Francesco Petrarch. Known as the father of "Humanism".
I think I got some of that.

Also Jesse James. Think I might have some of that too.

Jesse James is my 5th cousin through the Woodson line. Grandfather Dr. Woodson was one of the first settlers in Jamestown. He was killed by Indians when he was lured out to help a "sick" person. His rifle is at the Virginia State Historical Museum in Richmond. Jesse was "Jesse Woodson James" So--looks like we are related. And yes, I was saying your ancestors were ugly, both male and female, don't know, but you had both. Mine must have come from the prettier side of the family because I have 2% Neanderthal.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Oh, she's pretty old.

Really. A million years old.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Mine must have come from the prettier side of the family because I have 2% Neanderthal

Don't flatter yourself. We wound up in Sweden, and got all lovely.

I have less than 1% Neanderthal. I don't remember, but something like 0.67 or thereabouts.
And your relationship with Jesse James is much closer than mine.

edit on 8/25/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

That lack of sunlight put you on the pale side though.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

That sounds like a Fred Flinstone stereotype.

Why couldn't nature and pheromones be a factor?

Maybe you should change your "doll" name in the interests of not perpetuating stereotypes, just sayin

thesocietypages.org...

Of course, we have little to no knowledge of the social lives of early humans. First, long buried bodies and archeological dig sites simply can’t tell us much about how men and women interacted. Second, to speculate about early humans based on humans today is to project the present onto the past. To speculate about early humans based on today’s apes is (at least) as equally suspect. Ape behavior varies tremendously anyway, even among our closest cousins. Which type do we choose? The violent and hierarchical chimp or the peace-loving Bonobos who solve all social strife with sex?

In other words, the caveman-club-‘er-over-the-head-and-drag-her-by-the-hair narrative is pure mythology. The mythology, nonetheless, affirms the idea that men are naturally coercive and violent by suggesting that our most natural and socially-uncorrupted male selves will engage in this sort of behavior. Rape, that is.

The idea also affirms the teleological idea that society is constantly improving and, therefore, getting closer and closer to ideals like gender equality. If it’s true that “we’re getting better all the time,” then we assume that, whatever things are like now, they must have been worse before. And however things were then, they must have been even worse before that. And so on and so forth until we get all the way back to the clubbing caveman. Thinking like this may encourage us to stop working to make society better because we assume it will get better anyway (and certainly won’t get worse).

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

That lack of sunlight put you on the pale side though.

I am very light-skinned with blonde hair and blue eyes. But I tan well, unlike some people we know in high places.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Mine must have come from the prettier side of the family because I have 2% Neanderthal

Don't flatter yourself. We wound up in Sweden, and got all lovely.

I have less than 1% Neanderthal. I don't remember, but something like 0.67 or thereabouts.
And your relationship with Jesse James is much closer than mine.

I never did really like him.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I am very light-skinned

I was right.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Fallen angels sleeping with humans..." No man may see the Glory of the Lord and survive etc " ( Bible )...

Well they say we have a Reptilian brain

Maybe David Icke is onto something

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Maybe David Icke is onto something

No. But wrong tread.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Fallen angels sleeping with humans..." No man may see the Glory of the Lord and survive etc " ( Bible )... Well they say we have a Reptilian brain. Maybe David Icke is onto something

Maybe he's not. You jumped the shark with that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join