It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scar of abortion on the American perspective.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
If you don’t think a baby is a life from different then the mother, you are anti science

If you think two genetically different life forms walk into a building and only one walks out, that’s not murder. What ever helps you sleep at night.

Only one life form 'walked' into the building .... and one walked out.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It's no one's business beyond the one(s) making the decision."

This is True , and that Decision Effects Many Lives other than their Own and their Unborn Child .

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Abortions have been happening since recorded civilization. Woman have eaten herbs, and had items like sticks shoved into them to prevent births.

Many women have abortions because they already have living children, and another mouth to feed will make them all starve. Sometimes you have to choose between the ones who are already here and the one who isn’t. Other women have abortions because they know that child will not get the care or love it needs. Still other women have abortions because the child hasn’t developed properly and will have a short, painful, miserable life.

It isn’t about not caring. It’s about what’s best for that woman and her existing family, if she has one.
edit on 22-8-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I totally agree that it's the womans choice.
But since the man doesn't get a say he should only bare financial responsibility if he chooses.

Fair is fair

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: DeathSlayer

thank god, its not up to you to decide.

Well God , I just don't know that Man you sent me wanted sex and we didn't have money for condoms.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I came up sleeping on a nippa hut floor and many days only had rice to eat. I NEVER ONCE REGRETTED BEING BORN. In fact we celebrated life every day. There is no excuse an American has to kill their kids. Sure some may have sever disabilities but not 40 million of them. More than 20 percent of the population has been murdered by abortion in the US. If that's not an epidemic i don't know what is. The leading cause of premature death in us is abortion by many millions.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I've never understood why government thinks it has the right to get all up in women's personal health issues.
At the moment, it doesn't. And we need to keep it that way.

Not Trump's business.
Not Pence's business.
and so on.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: oloufo

Thank God that Every Person who Condones Abortion in this World will have to Face their Creator After their Physical Death and Explain WHY...............

your god alowes kids to be born to mothers who turn around and sell there child for money ... and than wants me to explain

good thing my god dosent see it that way

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Your experience is your experience. You can’t speak for anyone else.

The good news is, abortion rates in the U.S. have been steadily falling over the last 30 years. Access to free/affordable birth control and sex education gets the credit for that.

An interesting article about rates of abortion falling once a country no longer has such strict restrictions against it, and provides lots of no-cost birth control.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I've never understood why government thinks it has the right to get all up in women's personal health issues.
At the moment, it doesn't. And we need to keep it that way.

Not Trump's business.
Not Pence's business.
and so on.

When government funds an organization over 500 million dollars for preventive services and that same organization also offers abortion...it creates interference. Organizations that perform abortions should seek voluntary charity funding. Those that offer preventative services should not even be discussing abortion which is a post procedure.

If you want government out of your private business...don't ask nor accept money from them. When others ask for money from me...it becomes my business!
edit on 8 22 2018 by CynConcepts because: Correction for accuracy

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
Recently we passed the 40 million mark of lives willfully thwarted by would be parents. Unplanned pregnancy and the irresponsible mistakes are other unfortunate events that led to such a huge number I feel is an indicator of our lack of conscious to take personal responsibility for our actions where applicable. In addition, it has been successful in stemming a tide of minorities in the US.

Could some of the mass shootings that have occurred since Euthanasia (abortion) was instated be directly related to the diminishment of such actions to the value of life. Add in violence being the norm in almost every form of entertainment we patronize.

It's quite obvious the act of euthanizing the unborn was an initiative of institutionalized purging of minorities and those of immoral code.

Yes, racism is alive and well when minorities routinely and obediently line up to have their unborn slaughtered.

Wait, Im confused. Are you talking about euthanasia or slaughter? These are two very different words with very different meanings and you use them both when describing the act of abortion, which in my opinion, is neither.

However, Margaret Sanger, the founder of PP did want to use birth control as an effective means to eradicate the "undesirables" in the population so you do have a point I think.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Your right I should have used both terms euthanized or slaughtered. If I'm not mistaken euthanized would be in the name of mercy whereas slaughter is killing indiscriminately.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Recently we passed the 40 million mark of lives willfully thwarted by would be parents. Unplanned pregnancy and the irresponsible mistakes are other unfortunate events that led to such a huge number I feel is an indicator of our lack of conscious to take personal responsibility for our actions where applicable. In addition, it has been successful in stemming a tide of minorities in the US.

even more were thwarted by the use of birth control, abstinence, sex education, and such. I mean at least some of those using birth control would have become pregnant had they not been using it, right? their lives thwarted, even before it has begun!!! of those 40 milion you cite, about 4 million had progressed into the 2nd trimester, and, although a small percentage, a significant number were because of health reasons, so, we have to cut that 4 million down a tad bit more, unless you don't like the idea of allowing women to get abortions because of serious pregnancy related health reasons.

so, I have to ask, just when is the life thrwarted, is it before conception? is there a little soul out there somewhere just waiting around for mom and dad to do their thing and create the vehicle for him to reside in while he lives out on this earth? is it, upon conception? poor little soul waits all that time, but get stuck growing in a tiny tube or gets flushed right out. the first heartbeat? the first quickening? the first breath??

and, as far as it stemming the tide of minorities or purging minority groups?? would we have a bunch of white supremacists running around warning us how the white race is gonna be a minority in our own country and saying that white women need to start having babies to prevent it from happening??

Could some of the mass shootings that have occurred since Euthanasia (abortion) was instated be directly related to the diminishment of such actions to the value of life. Add in violence being the norm in almost every form of entertainment we patronize.

doubt it, my generation was raised on war movies and cowboys and indians, and the warriors have always been glorified in the eyes of those they "protect" as well as on the tv screens. no, we didn't have the blood and gore of today's movies. what can I say, when the tv screen has just black and white, it takes away alot of the gore from blood and gores. but, I don't really think it portrayed alot of "value of life" back then....

as far as responsibility, well, why do I get the feeling you are griping only about women, and their responsibility? gee, not really sure how it is now, but back a few years, it was just so easy to get out of any responsibility. and probably more than half of that 40 million occurred in that time or before, often times paid for by the man!!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Oh America...*chuckles with the rest of the first world*

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Thank you Doug. I have seen that dozens of times and took the opportunity you just offered to watch it again. Absolutely one of the finest pieces of satire I have ever seen in my life.a reply to: dug88

Ya honestly that whole movie is great. I think it's probably my favourite Monty Python movie. It just does so well at making a mockery of just about every part of humanity and life. It just makes everything we do seem so ridiculous and pointless, which in the end it all really is.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

a reply to: toolgal462

Your right I should have used both terms euthanized or slaughtered. If I'm not mistaken euthanized would be in the name of mercy whereas slaughter is killing indiscriminately.

You really are a master at inciting and inflammatory words aren't you?

Dictionary definations.....

##Slaughter
To kill in a brutal or violent manner. to slay in great numbers

##Euthanasia
The act of killing someone who is very ill or very old so that they no longer suffer.

##Abortion
Termination of a pregnancy,before the embryo or fetus is capable of independent life

The operative word being independent life

edit on 22-8-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badams
Oh America...*chuckles with the rest of the first world*

Oh, like all you guys have all your social problems solved.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I haven't quoted or promoted my religion at all in this thread.

My point being if we believe life is precious then our children will. If we disregard life then our children will as well. Semantics and all I believe life begins when it has first consciousness and can feel pain.

How can we look at a murderer and condemn him or her to death when we treat life with utter disregard for the most innocent. How can you condemn a man for killing his family when hard times appear ahead when the same thing is the excuse for most children aborted in the womb
edit on 22-8-2018 by Saiker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

can a 4 yr old live independently?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

My point being if we believe life is precious then our children will. If we disregard life then our children will as well. Semantics and all I believe life begins when it has first consciousness and can feel pain.

That is your belief which you are fully entitled to .....However as it is an

impossibility for it to live or survive 'independently' in any other environment

than the womans body for 30 weeks in which she breathes and nourishes it

It is NOT life as we know it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join