It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and time and you!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Time is a human construct. Since God lives outside of our concept of time (He is in past, present, and future) when we die we go to be with Him in heaven, will my relatives that are still here on Earth the moment I die be in heaven/purgatory/hell when I get there? I ask since there is no time in heaven and now I’m outside of time. Another question, will I just go to the end of time and final judgement?

We might call the time beyond time Eternity. I suppose we might call living in such a dimension eternal life. So, perhaps the question might be rephrased this way, without stretching too far beyond what you’re asking:

When I get to Eternity, will I be omnipresent like God is omnipresent? In other words, will I become more like God?

I guess the answer to another question might help us answer that question:

Is God eternal because of where He lives or because of who He is?
edit on 22/8/18 by RobFox because: Added more thoughts.

edit on 22/8/18 by RobFox because: Added more thoughts.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobFox
Time is a human construct. Since God lives outside of our concept of time (He is in past, present, and future) when we die we go to be with Him in heaven, will my relatives that are still here on Earth the moment I die be in heaven/purgatory/hell when I get there? I ask since there is no time in heaven and now I’m outside of time. Another question, will I just go to the end of time and final judgement? Thoughts?

God and Heaven are also human constructs. Have you ever been either accidentally or on purpose rendered into a dreamless unconsciousness? There is no time. No perception. Because you don't have a working brain to process any of that. That's what it will be like when you die, except that you never wake up. Your little part of the holographic universe blinks out of existence, and since your part is necessary to hold it all together, the rest of the universe vanishes, too. At least as far as you're concerned.

Sorry if you're expecting something different.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RobFox

"Time is a human construct" is in itself false. Even if we didn't have invented hours and days the planet still would revolve around the sun in the same time, atoms decay, animals keep on living a certain amount of ... time.

What is god?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
God isn't a construct for the believer.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
How do you know that GOD lives outside the concept of time. Trying to do GODs thinking for her/him is tricky to say the least.

How do you know GOD "lives" GOD, just "IS"

You have anthropomorphized GOD, haven't you? And to you God is a male and a Christian...curious

edit on 22-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

God is consciousness energy. He was there before the big bang and will be there after the big crunch. You're just a drop of the ocean.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

God isn't a construct for the believer.

You can believe and still be completely wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I had a teacher who always said "believing means you don't know". Believe per se means you are probably wrong.

So sorry I can't give you a star.

edit on 22-8-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Have you ever been either accidentally or on purpose rendered into a dreamless unconsciousness?

Me- twice. Once for wisdom teeth, and once for a nasty cyst on my neck. Both times- here, out, back, and nothing in between. For the cyst, I was asking my wife about lunch, and well, "do you think I'll get to have lu-"
An hour or so under anesthesia happens..
"nch?" I then realized that I probably didn't *want* lunch at that point. No visions, no Jesus, no God, just power off and boot back up.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

I had a NDE complete with light and shadowy blurry figures watching over me. Drugs isn't the same deal.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Not for the faithful. I can care less about your personal beliefs on the existence of God, stay on topic, answer the question or move on. This is not a debate on the existence of God.
edit on 22/8/18 by RobFox because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/8/18 by RobFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Not if you have faith, all have faith in something.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

To God; I'm not "just a drop in the ocean".

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

because you didn't die.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

What is faith? To hope your belief turns out right? Like a bet?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

To God; I'm not "just a drop in the ocean".

Really you think you will become god?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I love these type of thought experiments.

God just IS. God is not "Alive" or "Dead" God is not "before or after" God just IS. the First everything. We are just god's creations. What happens to us after we die, whether we live on in eternity or not are merely for God to decide.

Do I believe I have eternal soul created by God to live forever? Yes. Do I believe God can just as easily cease my creation as easily as he has created me? Yes. God can do all things and Nothing is done without God.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
No visions, no Jesus, no God, just power off and boot back up.

I've tried to imagine what it would be like to not wake up. I guess I'll find out eventually.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
That is a good question. I was actually going to post today about God and how he must want friends. God will always be the original but since there might be infinite Universes then he could make anyone or anything like him, a duck, president Trump or even Nancy Polosi like him. In infinite we all could eventually be like God.

I just think it would be lonely being the only one of your kind. God would always be the OG.

In infinite anything can and will happen.

lol Please don't hate me I am just trying to think out the box.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Faith is a personal adherence of the whole person to God who reveals Himself. It involves an assent of the intellect and will to the self-revelation God has made through His deeds and words.

Again, stay on topic or move on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join