It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and time and you!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobFox
a reply to: Blue Shift
Not for the faithful. I can care less about your personal beliefs on the existence of God, stay on topic, answer the question or move on. This is not a debate on the existence of God.

You're the one who brought it up.

But going by your parameters, I would have to say that you're a horrible blasphemer to even suggest that you would ever be like God the Almighty in any way, and that it's nothing but a pure example of your own egomania and hubris. Don't think so? Well, you tell that to God and see what he says.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RobFox

I think if all you got is belief and that is making you wonder if you can become god without knowing god is "just" living in the consciousness you have nothing.

But you think time is a human construct so maybe your intellect is keeping you from getting anything other than wrong belief. Have faith... Time is a human construct what bs...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You don't need to answer, simple. It will be a stalemate at best and waste of my time. Move on.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Oh does the little kindergardener not get the answers he wanted? Buhu

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You don't need to answer, simple. It will be a stalemate at best and waste of my time. Move on.

Maybe next time you shouldn't ask questions, since you seem to already know the answers.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Ssssh he's god didn't you get that?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The concept of time in spiritual might be different. It must exist in some form, but it may be nonlinear, whereas everything occurs at the same time. Allowing focus of ones attention to any point of time in a linear fashion.

I read in a book recently that Gods attributes are that which no-one else owns. But I like to think that Gods attributes are that which everyone else owns. That we are the very essence of God. So we may in some way witness everything through the eyes of God. But that doesn't necessary mean that we will realise our-self as a separate entity. Because we will no longer have an brain/ego that exists in our human form. Instead of saying I AM. We might say We ARE.

So when you see prophets like Jesus say that no one gets to heaven except through me. Is he in I AM mode or We ARE mode. Thus meeting again with lost relatives in WE ARE mode might be insignificant.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Time is a human construct. Since God lives outside of our concept of time (He is in past, present, and future) when we die we go to be with Him in heaven, will my relatives that are still here on Earth the moment I die be in heaven/purgatory/hell when I get there? I ask since there is no time in heaven and now I’m outside of time. Another question, will I just go to the end of time and final judgement?

We might call the time beyond time Eternity. I suppose we might call living in such a dimension eternal life. So, perhaps the question might be rephrased this way, without stretching too far beyond what you’re asking:

When I get to Eternity, will I be omnipresent like God is omnipresent? In other words, will I become more like God?

I guess the answer to another question might help us answer that question:

Is God eternal because of where He lives or because of who He is?

Interesting questions, indeed. I have reflected upon a similar question. Certainly, texts have stated that a single day is like a thousand years to Gods realm.

When I was younger, I thought this was silly idea. Mainly, because of the saying that a dog's 1 year is like 7 years to a human.

Now, being older, I have found that a memory of an actual event that seemed to have happened in the recent few years...when discussed and considered...one realizes it was over a decade ago!

I am not saying I am old and dementia is setting in...simply that the perception of the human timeline often changes as one ages. My children and grandchildren definitely perceive time is slower than I do.

If it is merely a perception of time construct...how old would those in God's realm be? Do we fully understand our own humanity within this realm? Cause didn't Jesus say the kingdom of God was already here?

Is it merely a change of perception of time and place? That most do not perceive until they are no longer restricted by a physical form?

Sorry to add so many more questions to your thread. Your post questions did allow me to reflect but as often happens, when attempting to answer one question, so many more develop.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Not wanting to scare anyone but to make this easy to understand.....

Maybe 1 in a thousand make it to heaven. Hell is full of people who say they are Christian.

Jesus rejects those who are warm which is most Christians.

The other religions do NOT have a chance. Only one way ..... through Christ.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: wylekat

I had a NDE complete with light and shadowy blurry figures watching over me. Drugs isn't the same deal.

Depends on the drug and the circumstances you can experience a spiritual death and Resurrection, complete with light and blurry figures.

The spirit molecule has many doors of perception. Not for the uninitiated or wankers.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
There is God and there is gods.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Several experiments with several substances have shown there are still nuances inbetween. But there are good things coming close that's true

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

"Time is a human construct" is in itself false. Even if we didn't have invented hours and days the planet still would revolve around the sun in the same time ( You are mistaking motion for time) , atoms decay, animals keep on living a certain amount of ... time. ( Here you are mistaking entropy for time) Time is in fact a human construct my friend

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

We cannot escape this human condition, in which we find ourselves. So what you are talking about is incomprehensible to us in this form, to be able to imagine or understand what it is like...

Plus we don't have the vocabulary to even discuss such concepts...

I see you are a seeker of truth - Jesus said, the Kingdom of God is within every one of us. Turn the eye (notice the singular use there) inwards..

To seek truth you must look within...

edit on 22-8-2018 by fluff007 because: fun...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join