It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of North Carolina Students Topple Confederate Monument

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We should honor the people who shot and killed their fellow brother over defending slavery,

They didn't see it that way.

They fought for the man standing beside them.

Just like those that fought in Iraq, and Afghanistan didn't give one EFF about the politics of it.
edit on 21-8-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I don't sit and contemplate the general motivations of Nazi foot soldiers, neo. I just denounce them because they had a #ty ideology. Same with the Confederate States of America. They represented treason to the government and wanted to preserve slavery since it was a prime driver of the South's economy. Instead of trying to embrace change, they doubled down on stubborn conservatism which grew into unchecked paranoia. This paranoia led to the first state's seceding shortly after Lincoln was elected. All because they simply feared that Lincoln would free the slave (those fears were unfounded).
edit on 21-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The North RAPED the South.

The blissful South, an idyllic utopian paradise reminiscent of the Garden of Eden where peoples of all kinds frolicked with carefree abandon and joyful happiness was the rule of the day.

Til dem Yanks dern showed up and shot it all to hell. War sucks, deal with it.

edit on 21-8-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I don't sit and contemplate the general motivations of Nazi foot soldiers, neo.

Clearly you do.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's weird to imagine how the South stylizes and glorifies the Civil War until you actually live in the South and experience it yourself. I spent some years in Mississippi during grade school and the Civil War unit in history class was a special event that required a month long research project (funded by the Daughters of the Confederacy of course).

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but at the rate "your generation" is going, you won't rest until you start literally killing the people who don't think the way you want them to. Your generation has turned this into a religious crusade of burning the heretics.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Sigh... Another intellectual homerun comeback from neo.

link   
They have a goal in mind.....similar to goals of other oppressive organizations...

preemptivelove.org...

When ISIS destroyed Shia and Yazidi sacred sites, their violence said to these groups, “You don’t belong here. You have never belonged here.” This is one of the worst lies that hate can tell a person: You don’t belong. Your life doesn’t matter.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'm sorry, but at the rate "your generation" is going, you won't rest until you start literally killing the people who don't think the way you want them to. Your generation has turned this into a religious crusade of burning the heretics.

This is fear and paranoia talking. You need to spend some time getting to know millennials better instead of forming judgments on the internet about them.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
It's weird to imagine how the South stylizes and glorifies the Civil War until you actually live in the South and experience it yourself. I spent some years in Mississippi during grade school and the Civil War unit in history class was a special event that required a month long research project (funded by the Daughters of the Confederacy of course).

Obviously getting your teeth kicked in militarily is a very important thing to celebrate. Probably why we have this rampant victimhood mentality these days.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: neo96
The North RAPED the South.

The blissful South, an idyllic utopian paradise reminiscent of the Garden of Eden where peoples of all kinds frolicked with carefree abandon and joyful happiness was the rule of the day.

Til dem Yanks dern showed up and shot it all to hell. War sucks, deal with it.

That's exactly what is say about all the civilian casualties in Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine.

Same thing right?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

That's one of the reasons why the Federal government gave amnesty to the South after the war. It's a shame that the bitter South took offense to the North's reconstruction efforts and erected things like the KKK to be a pain in the ass.

As we can see from recent history, Democrats are nothing if not bitter when they don't get their way.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

This is fear and paranoia talking. You need to spend some time getting to know millennials better instead of forming judgments on the internet about them.

Heh, I work in an office full of them. Don't assume you know anything about me.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
That's exactly what is say about all the civilian casualties in Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine.

Same thing right?

Your goddamn right, if we espoused the von Clausewitz doctrine of absolute warfare we wouldn't still have Americans dying overseas. Crying over statues, spare me.

edit on 21-8-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

That's one of the reasons why the Federal government gave amnesty to the South after the war. It's a shame that the bitter South took offense to the North's reconstruction efforts and erected things like the KKK to be a pain in the ass.

As we can see from recent history, Democrats are nothing if not bitter when they don't get their way.

You say this, as you express your bitterness, and ignorance, about other generations.

At least you have something in common, i guess.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well as a family of Northerners, the fixation was shocking, because in the North the CW is just another war that America fought. We count it as a win too since the country remained unified and went on to be stronger than ever afterwards. I mean, could we have provided near the support we did in WWI and II if we were a split country still? Would the CSA even side with the same side the North did during those wars?

Then we go to meet all these people in Mississippi and they are saying things like "The South will rise again!" like its a truism of life. Mindblowing.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Obviously getting your teeth kicked in militarily is a very important thing to celebrate. Probably why we have this rampant victimhood mentality these days.

I wouldn't call fighting a bunch of farmers victory.

link   

Well how many of them are you afraid of coming and killing you for your beliefs?

link   

Yes, one office full of kids is obviously indicative of an entire generation, right?

Don't assume you know anything about an entire generation based on your own anecdotal experiences.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Same thing right?

Your goddamn right, if we espoused the von Clausewitz doctrine of absolute warfare we wouldn't still have Americans dying overseas. Crying over statues, spare me.

I've always said we need more Patton in our military.
Showing no mercy ends wars fast.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join